Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
    Anyone know what color the 2020 STH2 16 will be? Was digging for pics from SIA and such but came up empty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Anyone know what color the 2020 STH2 16 will be? Was digging for pics from SIA and such but came up empty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Page 40-41

Looks like 16 is an oil green, 13 is orange and black or black and grey.

Armada will be offering an all black STH16, Salomon a Metalic Dark Green one, and I think the Atomic one is still dark silver.

Small shop demo today at oh-key-moe. K2 and Blizzard. Still can’t find the sweet spot on the Mind Bender 90ti, but I did very much like the 99ti. And the Iconic 84 with the new carbon tips, totally rips hard snow.
    Blizzard is killing it with front side weapons, the HRC is pure grip, medium radius trench town killer. Love that ski. Not so sure about the Brahma 82, tip has too much rocker for how narrow that ski is. I’m glad to say that K2 appears to be clawing back.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Small shop demo today at oh-key-moe. K2 and Blizzard. Still can’t find the sweet spot on the Mind Bender 90ti, but I did very much like the 99ti. And the Iconic 84 with the new carbon tips, totally rips hard snow.
    Blizzard is killing it with front side weapons, the HRC is pure grip, medium radius trench town killer. Love that ski. Not so sure about the Brahma 82, tip has too much rocker for how narrow that ski is. I’m glad to say that K2 appears to be clawing back.
    What do you mean when you say you can't find the sweetspot on the Mindbender 90ti? I have one in plastic that I'm thinking of mounting but haven't demoed it so curious. The guys at Pinnacle sports near Stowe seem to love it.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

I would demo it before you drill it. Something is off with those skis.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I would demo it before you drill it. Something is off with those skis.
    interesting... thanks for the tip!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

First time I’ve seen someone not impressed with the Mindbender 90Ti. Found it a lighter, more playful Enforcer 93 and a lighter, quicker edge to edge 99Ti. The 99Ti definitely better better in crud with it’s extra weight but Mindebender 90Ti still heavier than skis like the Rustler 9.

I prefer the extra weight of the Enforcer 93 which I own but still liked the 90Ti. Know many shop employees who bought the 90Ti based on demos this Spring. Wondering if the tune was off or something on that demo pair.

SkiEssentials did a video review on them and linked it to Pugski and some recent owners commented on the thread.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/2020-...-review.14533/

Good enough for pugski, good enough for you. Go for it.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Maybe it only works for those who can flex their boots?

Or ski with their feet locked and love to tail-gun. Probably perfect for most of the beaters who post on ski forums.
    Get some!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Just mounted some 186 K2 MB108ti's. First K2's I have purchased in over 20 years. They are funny cause they can ski quick, loose or charger style with out any work. Definitely impressed compared to some other skis I have been on in the past few years. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5205.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	276346

Clearly not much of a rumor at this point.
    I would love to see K2 do a run of pressed in the US stuff. I love the praxis, ON3P, Moment, DPS stories but for some reason have a deep soft spot for K2. They were the OG badasses and have suffered from success and pressures of global manufacturing, improved margins and investment bankers.
    Probably the only reason I jumped on them was to give credit to K2 for investing in making a better ski and staying in the fight.
    Harvest the ride.

Gear rumors 19/20

I also have a soft spot for K2. When the K2 catalog would show up at the shop, with all the cool freaks from Vashon Island, featured prominently. And all the sick new shapes and graphics, stoke, for real. It made my want to move there, and build skis. Haven’t felt that way about K2 in a very long time. New design team has strong east coast roots, I’m fairly confident that they will right the ship and bring the Winter Heat, once again.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    it is weird going by the old K2 buildings knowing
    the history and just seeing the ghost of what was.
    granola and farmers market, K2, that was Vashon
    Yeah. Ask the locals about what’s in the groundwater there, too.

Gear rumors 19/20

A shit-ton of PCB’s would be my guess. All that base material, all the grinding and sanding. Epoxy and whatnot. I’m sure things were pretty lax back in the 70’s. Not good.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    First time I’ve seen someone not impressed with the Mindbender 90Ti. Found it a lighter, more playful Enforcer 93 and a lighter, quicker edge to edge 99Ti. The 99Ti definitely better better in crud with it’s extra weight but Mindebender 90Ti still heavier than skis like the Rustler 9.

I prefer the extra weight of the Enforcer 93 which I own but still liked the 90Ti. Know many shop employees who bought the 90Ti based on demos this Spring. Wondering if the tune was off or something on that demo pair.

SkiEssentials did a video review on them and linked it to Pugski and some recent owners commented on the thread.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/2020-...-review.14533/
    Where are they mounting the MB 90ti? Couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a deal on them BUT haven't mounted them and was looking at the mount point last night. It looks really far back. In fact, compared to my Nordica Enforcer 100, it looks to be at least an inch further back. Also noticed that the tail is relatively stiff compared to the rest of the ski. Hmmm.... maybe I do need to demo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Where are they mounting the MB 90ti? Couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a deal on them BUT haven't mounted them and was looking at the mount point last night. It looks really far back. In fact, compared to my Nordica Enforcer 100, it looks to be at least an inch further back. Also noticed that the tail is relatively stiff compared to the rest of the ski. Hmmm.... maybe I do need to demo.
    Yes, the mount is exactly an inch/2.5cm back from an Enforcer 100 mount as the MB 90Ti is a pretty traditional 11cm back from center. I skied the 99Ti on it’s 11cm back recommenced and up a bit on demo bindings(maybe plus 1.5cm-2cm) and both felt fine. Maybe a bit more playful in the forward position and a more traditional feel at recommended. Most reviews I’ve seen of the 90Ti and 99Ti have been at recommended and liked it there.
    MB 108Ti has a more freeride feel and a slightly more forward mount of -9.75cm back and Blistergear tried moving the bindings around during their review. One reviewer who is more freeride biased liked it better at plus 2cm and the other felt no need to move off recommended but thought he’d still enjoy the ski if the mount was up a bit.

So I’d say at recommended or up a max of 2cm like most skis for the mount. If possible, demo and try moving the bindings around to see what you like best.

Yes, flex on all the MB series is softer up front with a stiffer tail but the tails ski more forgiving than they hand flex. Not demanding to ski at all.

Gear rumors 19/20

Just spent the morning trying the Mindbender series on firm groomers. It’s a legit lineup.

The 108ti with CAST will probably be my next purchase to compliment my renegade.

All the MBs had a quiet, clean, non-chattery feel. Even the 116 carbon shocked me on firm. If I didn’t own my renegade, I’d buy the 116c as a one ski quiver. I never skied it in soft snow but there is no way it folds. I was railing that thing. I couldn’t believe it was carbon.

The 108ti was a surfy, quiet carver. Intuitive, damp, and light.

The 99ti ripped, too, but I can’t find a reason to go that narrow when I could drag hip with the 108ti.

K2 is back.

*edit
    I never knew about their Y layup for their titanal. But now that I read it, it makes sense. That's what I feel-- easy to engage up front, to secure an arc, but also easy to release in the tail to smear. I could set up carves and then shut it down to surf out of turns. That's why it's a do-it-all ski. Yeah, I'm buying the 108ti.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1572.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	277437

I also skied most of the Line lineup. I’ve never skied a Line that I liked. It doesn’t feel like their construction/shape is about going fast.
    Last edited by gaijin; 04-06-2019 at 03:06 AM.

Really excited to try some mindbenders tomorrow at Alta. Used to love the old K2 skis. TNC comps were my favorite as a teen. Stopped skiing them when Dan Quayle moved production to China. But they've been making really soft skis for too long. Excited to try the 108.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Rossignol BlackOps Squad Ti. 112mm, and only in 194.

So this intrigues me and looking forward to more details...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    So this intrigues me and looking forward to more details...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    You and me both, mate. Unfortunately that's all I have for now, but will be pestering my source.

This should go in a 20/21 thread but...

Next Dynafit superlight comes down to 150 grams per foot, adjustable RV and includes a flat tour mode. More in this article in Friflyt

Name:  Dynafit Superlight 150.png
Views: 1034
Size:  129.0 KB

Pretty awesome for that weight. Finally they are doing some binding innovation again.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Pretty awesome for that weight. Finally they are doing some binding innovation again.
    s/innovation/copying Plum, ATK, Kreuzspitze/