Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MnO_____ View Post
    Nice to finally see a finished product!
    Is it really an adjustable brake width? I wonder how that works. For use with inserts for different skis that would be extremely useful.

Apart from that, it will need to be really bomb proof and free from pre-release issues to justify that weight.
    1.3 kg per foo

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Yeah, 1300g seems pretty heavy. Was hoping it would be under 1kg. Step in seems more complicated than the Shift.

The company seems cool. I hope they're wildly successful and really give the shift some solid competition.
    The mtn has no pre release issues at all and it's a fraction of the weight

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Yeah, 1300g seems pretty heavy. Was hoping it would be under 1kg. Step in seems more complicated than the Shift.

The company seems cool. I hope they're wildly successful and really give the shift some solid competition.
    I wouldn't bet on it. It's more than DOUBLE the weight. 1300 grams is a lot. I mean.... maybe in 2015? Maybe. Why not just go CAST at that point?

For reference shift is 950g and cast in touring mode is about 1050g. Cast would probably be the similar weight in ski mode. A few pages back people wanted steel Solomon 916 shifts , in red of course.
    Maybe a slightly different market, more on hill/slackcountry, than the shift if that weight translates into greater durability. Maybe more closer to a competitor for CAST. Is the added half pound on each foot while walking worth the convenience?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    For reference shift is 950g and cast in touring mode is about 1050g. Cast would probably be the similar weight in ski mode. A few pages back people wanted steel Solomon 916 shifts , in red of course.
    Maybe a slightly different market, more on hill/slackcountry, than the shift if that weight translates into greater durability. Maybe more closer to a competitor for CAST. Is the added half pound on each foot while walking worth the convenience?
    I'm going on record to say this binding is pretty stupid

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I'm going on record to say this binding is pretty stupid

Not much reasoning why but to each his own. One thing I really liked about my v1 cast system with sth was that they just ripped around the hill as a normal Solomon sth with zero drawbacks, then when I wanted to go for a lap or 4 outside the rope the weight was fine with next to no approach and the ability to push it like I do on alpine set up or to alternate laps outside the rope with laps in bounds. And back and forth. To me this looks to accomplish that. Some hills or touring spots they may not be the best I guess. Jury is still out, probably for another year and a bit so they get bashed for a full season

Not much reasoning why but to each his own. One thing I really liked about my v1 cast system with sth was that they just ripped around the hill as a normal Solomon sth with zero drawbacks, then when I wanted to go for a lap or 4 outside the rope the weight was fine with next to no approach and the ability to push it like I do on alpine set up or to alternate laps outside the rope with laps in bounds. And back and forth. To me this looks to accomplish that. Some hills or touring spots they may not be the best I guess. Jury is still out, probably for another year and a bit so they get bashed for a full season
    I think i get what you're saying, but there are a couple or more tech bindings that will not pre release and people ski really gnarly lines on them.

The advantage is that you will be fresh when you get to the top, so you can ski better.

A few years ago, when the cast was developed, there were no tech bindings that you could ski unlocked in no fall terrain.

But in the last 4 years, things have changed.

This year, i had a problem with my big toe, not the binding.

So i skied about 40 days with my katanas with g3 ion bindings.

30 of these days were pretty firm, icy.

I skied this setup just like i would ski my alpine gear, with no issues whatsoever.. Pretty fast, high edge angles, some on no fall terrain (squaw valley)

For reference shift is 950g......
    The Shift is a whisker under 890g. At 1300g and 25% dearer than the Shift the Pindung is dead in the water unless the durability of the Shift proves to be poor. They'll sell some but nothing like the numbers needed relative to their tooling costs etc.

I think i get what you're saying, but there are a couple or more tech bindings that will not pre release and people ski really gnarly lines on them.

The advantage is that you will be fresh when you get to the top, so you can ski better.

A few years ago, when the cast was developed, there were no tech bindings that you could ski unlocked in no fall terrain.

But in the last 4 years, things have changed.

This year, i had a problem with my big toe, not the binding.

So i skied about 40 days with my katanas with g3 ion bindings.

30 of these days were pretty firm, icy.

I skied this setup just like i would ski my alpine gear, with no issues whatsoever.. Pretty fast, high edge angles, some on no fall terrain (squaw valley)

There is no comparison between skiing pins and an alpine toe on the down inbounds. None as in zero. Even the tecton is noticeably less damp. Yes there is lots of pins you could ski on the hill but many people wouldn’t consider it, for good reason

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    The Shift is a whisker under 890g. At 1300g and 25% dearer than the Shift the Pindung is dead in the water unless the durability of the Shift proves to be poor. They'll sell some but nothing like the numbers needed relative to their tooling costs etc.
    890 is with the smallest brakes but that’s splitting hairs.close enough. Shift is awesome. I’m just sceptical it can be rat bagged around the hill for the same life span and safety asan alpine binding. Maybe it can. I’m just playing the odds and the weight difference suggests otherwise. I have confidence that the CAST system is capable of that as I’ve done it. The pinding wouldjust be a guess but weight and design point to it being capable of it although yet unproven obviously.
    I aim to have skis with a tecton , skis with a shift and skis with cast and/or pinding. Personal opinion/I just think they’re in a slightly different category. Without trying pinding I’m grouping them in the same category as CAST. There is some holes in my research. I’m just playing the odds with my guesses

Jeez. 3 sets of skis all with their own binding? You must be a periodontist

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Jeez. 3 sets of skis all with their own binding? You must be a periodontist

I just don’t see a need for alpine only binding now. I can see my exp with their simple speed turn, my 102 steeple with a tecton, my gpo with a shift and an onhill/slackcountry 2 ski 105 and 118 ski with cast. Maybe a 98/99 little twin with the lone alpine binding. The practice is really picking up. Maybe is all the sugar and meth people are ingesting

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    It's horrible that I want that shoe simply because it says Lange on it. But that's why I want it. Take that name away and I likely wouldn't even notice the shoe in the wild. It's like a must-have at this point.
    That's how Nike makes most of their money. You take the swoosh off A LOT of their shoes and no one would give two shits.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

There is no comparison between skiing pins and an alpine toe on the down inbounds. None as in zero. Even the tecton is noticeably less damp. Yes there is lots of pins you could ski on the hill but many people wouldn’t consider it, for good reason
    This. Skiing pins inbounds sucks.

If the pindung skis and holds up every bit as well as an alpine binding, I'd be interested. I'd only use it for short sidecountry tours, so the weight doesn't really bother me at all. I'm a bit skeptical of its durability just because it's a semi complex contraption from a small, unproven company, but that's a different discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    This. Skiing pins inbounds sucks.

If the pindung skis and holds up every bit as well as an alpine binding, I'd be interested. I'd only use it for short sidecountry tours, so the weight doesn't really bother me at all. I'm a bit skeptical of its durability just because it's a semi complex contraption from a small, unproven company, but that's a different discussion.
    Not trying to be argumentative, but why do tech bindings suck?
    Granted, they transmit more vibration, but all you have to do is put your did on edge.

Not trying to be argumentative, but why do tech bindings suck?
    Granted, they transmit more vibration, but all you have to do is put your did on edge.

Super harsh in the toe. Depending on design, vague at the heel. Depending on the design, somewhat untrustworthy release. But mostly the harshness in the toe.

And a pin binding requires me to ski a boot with tech fittings all the time. I've yet to find a boot with tech fittings that both fits me and skis like a proper alpine boot.

Know what weights less than that Pindung?

Marker Barons.

Marker Dukes are only a little heavier than 1400g (yes I know it'd tour better since it's not lifting the heel)

Also that entry rotational motion doesn't look easy to do, especially when you already have one ski on.

It's a bummer they spent all this time and came out with a pinDUNG pile in relation to current binding weights and features. If you actually need more than a DIN of 13 then just get Cast.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It has a windstop/Water resist fabric in the chest/shoulders/arms and also in the legs.
    Why do you need windstoping fabric for something that lives under a shell? You could just go to a higher pile for less weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    Know what weights less than that Pindung dung pile?

Marker Barons
    Exactly. They are darn close to Guardians.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Super harsh in the toe. Depending on design, vague at the heel. Depending on the design, somewhat untrustworthy release. But mostly the harshness in the toe.

And a pin binding requires me to ski a boot with tech fittings all the time. I've yet to find a boot with tech fittings that both fits me and skis like a proper alpine boot.
    The boot part is true, bc boots are not Alpine boots.
    Harsh in the toe?

I bet in a blind test you couldn't tell, since the snow varies so much from hour to hour.

Anyway, why even think of skiing bc bindings in a resort?

Anyway, why even think of skiing bc bindings in a resort?

So I don't have to switch skis if I want to do a quick sidecountry tour.

I bet in a blind test you couldn't tell, since the snow varies so much from hour to hour.
    I'd take that bet and then take your money/beer/gf very shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    BMX goes away, four widths in the FX line now. 86/96/106/116. Not sure if they all have HP versions. I need a mid and was curious what the FX 96 would look like. Bash guard is a plus for me. Not feeling that top sheet yet. Curious about weight because it looks like it should be lighter, despite the slight width increase.

https://www.pugski.com/threads/k%C3%...ce-2007.13801/

Photo on the right per Pugski insta.

Attachment 268391Attachment 268392
    Super helpful! Thanks! That's what I thought.. interesting. I ended up pushing the button on some 193cm Black Crows Corvus yesterday. FX 106 HP however sounds like a ski I'd like, but I can't be bothered to wait! Going to Austria in a week, so reckon i'll find a demo of the new skis possible. Thanks

IDK, that BMX 105 HD got A LOT of praise. It was just too expensive.

An FX 106 HD that replaces metal with carbon. I have to admit, the 2018 already piqued my interest as a Hakuba resort/side-country ski. I can't imagine any reason as to why I'd prefer the metal for my duty.

Damn. That was a hard pill to swallow, but it does make complete sense.

I don't even ski hard and I can notice the difference with my Vipecs (and those are on the dampest end of tech after Tecton)

Unrelated to what most people here are interested in, but does anyone know if the Line Pandora series gets updated for next year? Gotta keep the girlfriend happy sometimes in order for me to have a good time on skis, and these look awesome and supposedly ski great. Hoping to get her out demoing this year’s model before season’s end if possible

I bet in a blind test I couldn't tell, since the snow varies so much from hour to hour.
    FIFY.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point