Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntmanbo View Post

So the Lupo HD is only 110g heavier than the Lupo Factory, that’s not much.

Can anyone speak to the Pro HD vs the AX HD in terms of the lower shell clog stiffness? Are they the same? Is the flex difference in the tongues?

I’m looking for the AX for room, but want the stiffer flex.

Thanks in advance!

Looks like AX version is a women’s version.

It goes up to 29.5 so I’d say unisex version rather than women’s

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Any rumors of Voile making a longer strap to use as a belt?
    That's brilliant. Email/call Wally, he very approachable.
    Wall =Mark Wariokis owner of Voile

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Can anyone speak to the Pro HD vs the AX HD in terms of the lower shell clog stiffness? Are they the same? Is the flex difference in the tongues?

I’m looking for the AX for room, but want the stiffer flex.

Thanks in advance!
    AX is on a wider last (100mm vs 98mm), just like to current crop of Lupos. Can't say for sure, but I would imagine the stiffness characteristics are the same.

I think if you got the same tongue that is on the Lupo HD (B flex or whatever the equivalent is now) they would feel pretty close in stiffness. The clog (lower or scaffo) is thinner on the AX to achieve the wider last, so they may not be as stiff as the 98mm last models. I can feel a difference in flex in the AX125 and the Lupo Carbon for sure, but the tongues are a different stiffness as well.

Thought this was an interesting product. Add an airbag to any pack?

The other product in the lower left hand corner makes me think of these too:
    http://www.maruelli.com/NWP-EN/Natur...ngPlate-EN.htm

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISPO-2019-_-Aerosize-technische-Daten-_-Bild-Karl-Posch-SKIMO-Austria.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	269173

Arva's new 1800g airbag 25L pack and 2180g 40L pack. Pretty impressive weights - pretty sure that's the lightest on the market now (or when it hits stores). The system looks impressively compact too, giving you more space for gear and resulting in a less bulky pack. They also split the bag in two, so you can get a puncture on one side and have a still-inflated airbag on the other. They also have a super small beacon - would be nice for keeping it in the pants.

Name:	ISPO-2019-_-Arva-Reactive-_-Bild-Karl-Posch-SKIMO-Austria.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	269176

Name:	ISPO-2019-_-Arva-Evo-5-_-Bild-Karl-Posch-SKIMO-Austria.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	998.1 KB 
ID:	269175
    Last edited by Lindahl; 02-11-2019 at 05:49 AM.

New 45g binding... not really for this crowd, but cool to see the innovation. Could see applications for a lighter weight CAST when in tour mode, especially if they figured out how to make the FKS heel removable too - it could come in lighter than most 300g bindings, I bet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqaYN_CSqbA

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    New 45g binding... not really for this crowd, but cool to see the innovation. Could see applications for a lighter weight CAST when in tour mode, especially if they figured out how to make the FKS heel removable too - it could come in lighter than most 300g bindings, I bet.
    Damn, that's tight. Looks like a good one to home brew/D.I.Y. Add a few grams with heel lifters that go to 11 though.
    Master of mediocrity.

Updated ATK freeraider apparently, although the wanker that edited this video put images of the current Freeraider in, which is confusing.
    New one appears to have the brake at the heel.

That's pretty cool. You really can't possibly get any more simplistic than that.

Arva's new 1800g airbag 25L pack and 2180g 40L pack. Pretty impressive weights - pretty sure that's the lightest on the market now (or when it hits stores). The system looks impressively compact too, giving you more space for gear and resulting in a less bulky pack. They also split the bag in two, so you can get a puncture on one side and have a still-inflated airbag on the other. They also have a super small beacon - would be nice for keeping it in the pants.

Name:	ISPO-2019-_-Arva-Reactive-_-Bild-Karl-Posch-SKIMO-Austria.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	269176

Name:	ISPO-2019-_-Arva-Evo-5-_-Bild-Karl-Posch-SKIMO-Austria.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	998.1 KB 
ID:	269175
    Wow, those Arva packs are super light... Kind of a big gap between 25 and 40 liters though... Would be nice if they had one right in between... Does the 25 actually have a shovel pocket etc, or is it super stripped down like their current ultralight 25?

They also have a super small beacon - would be nice for keeping it in the pants.
    Alpinstore.com has the EVO 5 available for preorder at $225US. I went with a Pieps Micro last season solely for the pocketability. It's been fine so far, but I like the layout of the Arva more.
    Last edited by SKIP INTRO; 02-11-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Price just went to $276US

Gear rumors 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP INTRO View Post
    Alpinstore.com has the EVO 5 available for preorder at $225US. I went with a Pieps Micro last season solely for the pocketability. It's been fine so far, but I like the layout of the Arva more.
    It won’t ship to retailers till Fall.

Gear rumors 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Updated ATK freeraider apparently, although the wanker that edited this video put images of the current Freeraider in, which is confusing.
    New one appears to have the brake at the heel.
    The brakes at the heel have been available for a while. Compatible with all ATK bindings, even the skimo ones. Same ones that come with the Crest. Adds 80g per and has adjustability (25mm? Not entirely sure).

A
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Damn, that's tight. Looks like a good one to home brew/D.I.Y. Add a few grams with heel lifters that go to 11 though.
    Your heel lifter might weight more than the entire binding

Was thinking for approaching ice and alpine climbs this would be good.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Wow, they actually ski that Grizzly binding down hill. For sure thought it was a uphill race only binding.
    https://grizzly.ski/en/grizzly-test-jasna-low-tatras-2/
    Before anyone rips on their style, keep in perspective the gear they are skiing.

Hi again
    About Aerosize vest - Made in Poland (They consulted some features with me ) - feel free to ask any question
    How it works:

About Arva airbags - don't forget guys that you need to add XXX grams to each backpack (all weights are WITHOUT canisters / cylinders). Overall you are fucked in United States :P No Carbon canisters, so in this case you need to add ~530g to each backpack model. So 40L = 2700g - same weight as an Mammut PRO 45L RAS 3.0

Name:	arva.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	269371

^^ They're also on super skinny ultralight skis - not really something you can drive aggressively.

The brakes at the heel have been available for a while. Compatible with all ATK bindings, even the skimo ones. Same ones that come with the Crest. Adds 80g per and has adjustability (25mm? Not entirely sure).
    Actually the brakes works with all ATK bindings except the Raider 2 12 and Freeraider 2 14 since they’ve got a wider pattern at the heel, right ? The brakes works only with the "standard" heels I guess, since they basically are a R01 plate with brakes.

I hope they’ll also update the Raider 12 with brakes at the heel.

Btw the grey binding next to the freeraider 14 also looks like a Raider with brakes at the heel, maybe it's the new 12 version ?

Yes, those are updated Raider and Freerider With ski brake at the heel

Did they change the mount pattern of the toes ? No more super wide toe plate on the 14 ?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ They're also on super skinny ultralight skis - not really something you can drive aggressively.
    No argument there.

The boots are also super light- look like a new Scarpa Alien, Alien RS, and LaSportiva Sytron.
    My point is more that they didn't just use the Grizzly binding for a pure uphill race.

Looking at the binding, I thought it would explode or prerelease if you even skied a mellow groomer at low speed.