Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PSA: lowest price I've seen for Garmin Inreach Mini

Amazon has these for $300 right now for an unknown reason. I've not seen them on sale before. Garmin is also doing a 1 free month promotion.

I have no affiliation, but I did buy one (finally) because I spend a lot of time doing dangerous shit away from cell reception.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

B&H is $289, and no tax unless you're in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    B&H is $289, and no tax unless you're in NY.
    Back to $350 today

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Amazon deal gone as well. Now $330

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Check black ovis. I think they were around 280 with code dec20

Yep. Just checked. $280

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

^ free shipping and no tax... $280 out the door. Thanks for the find and to the op for the PSA that started this thread as this has been on the list since it was announced.

I am now $280 poorer because of this, thanks...I think

iscariot

I dont even want to know what a black ovis is, but it sounds nasty

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I am now $280 poorer because of this, thanks...I think
    Welp, you can add me to that poorer list too. Thanks zeroforhire!

Black ovis is a type of sheep that hunters dream of killing. Is primarily a hunting website.

Activate an inReach® Device, Get 1 Month of Free Airtime

Activate a new inReach device from November 22 through December 31, and Garmin will waive the monthly fee of any satellite subscription plan for your first full month of service.

To redeem your offer, enter promotion code 1-2018 at device activation.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Activate an inReach Device, Get 1 Month of Free Airtime

Activate a new inReach device from November 22 through December 31, and Garmin will waive the monthly fee of any satellite subscription plan for your first full month of service.

Thanks I do not even know what it is but bought one anyway. Must be a good deal it the tele guy bought one. Thanks zeroforhire. I think I bought my scholler jacket and pants from you here. Still using it. Starting to look a little rough.
    off your knees Louie

Just checked and looks to be back to 349

got to put in the code bottom left
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Activate an inReach® Device, Get 1 Month of Free Airtime

Thanks mooseknuckles!

Quote Originally Posted by BFD
    Thanks I do not even know what it is but bought one anyway. Must be a good deal it the tele guy bought one.
    Me neither, but I'm just going to flip it for some bud.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    Black ovis is a type of sheep that hunters dream of killing. Is primarily a hunting website.

I figured it was the black O hunters dream of after long nights in hunting camps with their bros and no women around for miles.

...and yeah, I know what ovis means, I am a vet after all.

iscariot

Lololol. At first I wondered what a war vet would have to do with this. Lololol
    Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I figured it was the black O hunters dream of after long nights in hunting camps with their bros and no women around for miles.

...and yeah, I know what ovis means, I am a vet after all.

Also $280 poorer, time to put the Inreach SE on fleabay to recoup some funds.

Put it up here in gear swap first and give a mag a shot at it. Some people prefer the screen.

iscariot

Follow up. It seems I paid $20 too much...

I did a ton of research on the various plans prior to activating it. Bottom line for me was that the cheapest monthly plan is the way to go. Even paying per text it takes a lot to spend the equivalent of the difference to the next one up.

Cost crossover for the flex plan is at about 8 months of use. I figure I do dangerous shit at least that often so it made sense for me. If you only want it fewer months than that the flex would be the way to go.

The next plan up basically makes letting other people track you feasible. I'm not interested in that.

Another thing which is not widely advertised is that you can get rescue insurance associated with the unit. I read the whole terms, and it's pretty comprehensive. Only racing and flying activities are excluded, and it covers any kind of helo rescue. Up to $50k. $18/yr is less than I'm paying for Calstar. The only caveat seems to be that it only kicks in if the rescue is triggered by the Inreach unit. If you call 911 first you're out of luck.

Overall I'm pretty happy about it. It will probably encourage me to go even farther into the middle of nowhere on my dirtbike, alone.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Thanks for posting this. Merry xmas to me. Been putting this off for too long.

I think the mini is the right choice for me. Most of my outings are just a day or two, and I can justify and extra 4oz in my pack everytime for the peace of mind. I like the modular nature -- just sat antenna basically, with an sos button, run maps / text etc through the phone I'm carrying anyway.

Great info re:rescure insurance.

If anyone comes across another sub $300 deal on these, would appreciate a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Yes please share. Or if you bought one but have buyer remorse. Thanks.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I'm loving mine and won't be giving it up ever, ha. The great thing about the mini is I just keep it in my gear bag and every time I'm in the mountains (even at a resort) I just throw it in a pocket or pack and don't even know it's there. Great sense of security.

Setup was straight forward and all seems to be working as expected. I shoot a pre-composed text to my wife every time I start a bc trip now. She gets a text and email, and the email has a clickable link to see my exact location on a map. This works great for those times I have a last minute change of plans but am out of cell range so can't text to let her know.