Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sling Pack recommendations?

I have been fishing for the last 15 years or so with a fishpond hip pack with the shoulder strap. I leave the waste belt loose and swing it around to my back while fishing.

I got some Orvis gift cards for Christmas, so I ordered the new guide sling pack today along with some fresh tippet and hemostats. It won’t ship till mid February, but I will post feedback when I spend some time with it.

The new Orvis pack seems to be the most streamline and not have as many places for my line to catch

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I have fishpond summit sling and so far been really really good , it replaced my orvis guide sling and would recommend to others. Not waterproof so if you’re looking for that go w the more $ fishpond or Patagonia slings

Sling Pack recommendations?

Been out with the new Orvis guide sling 3 or 4 times. So far I really like it...a lot. I really like the slot for my new mid length CF net.

I fish mostly with a 884 Scott G2 and it was always a pain netting fish with my short handle broden when running a long leader or nymph rig. Love the longer net.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)