Has anybody updated to Mojave on the Mac?

Any issues?

Tons. My Spotlight has stopped working. Time machine backups are taking hours instead of 15min. I’ve tried everything short of doing a clean reinstall of the OS. Pretty much every major OSX update for the last two years has been buggy as hell for me.

No issues for me. I like dark mode. A couple nit picky things I don’t love but all in all ok.

One thing I did recently that maybe helped is that I actually wiped and reinstalled my old OS. I was having some issues I couldn’t solve. So I was running lean and mean when I upgraded. Then I reinstalled apps and programs for Mojave instead of trying to update them. Not sure it makes a huge difference but it certainly takes out a few opportunities for stuff to get messed up.

Haven't had any issues. I'm not running anything complicated though, and I don't utilize TimeMachine or Spotlight. I'm using a 2013 MB Air.

Yup. It's been the best OS update for me in my 12 years of OSX. Flawless, frankly. I'm not a power user. Time machine is fine.

Aesthetically speaking-- dark mode is gorgeous. I've been waiting for it for a long time.

2017 MBP.

I updated and it’s diseased. I can’t save files or use an external hard drive. I can’t back up my phone or iPad to iTunes anymore. iPhoto stopped working.

I ran it by the Apple Care people at an Apple store and they said they changed file format or something. They said schedule an appointment and expect it to take some time to figure out.

Apple. It just works.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

I should have specified what you are running it on. Processor, age, drives.

2015 or 2016 MBP (the one before the touch bar) - 1TB SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD Time Machine backup.

Did a Mojave reinstall (not 100% clean - from the Command+R Recovery Mode.) Issues with Spotlight and Time Machine persist.

I will say, though, that the whole process of reinstalling the OS took about an hour and preserved all of my apps, data, etc. As much as I feel like Apple has been dropping the ball lately with their software, those types of processes are still miles ahead of anything Microsoft and Google are doing.

I upgraded
    No speed issues
    2008 Word stopped working finally, but whatever

It affected my primary work app (autocad) for a week or two which wasn’t updated at the same time, but soon after, they caught up with an update

Never been happy with the Mail client, but my partner has no issues with it so maybe a clean wipe/ install will get me whole on that issue

27” iMac (late 2012)
    128MB SSD + 1TB hd
    8GB ram
    Last edited by acinpdx; 12-13-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: updated hardware spec

2015 rMBP I7 16 GB and 500 GB SSD.

I installed 10.4 and it ground my machine to a halt, time machined back to High Sierra and it was running like a peach again.

We did a test of one of the iMacs at work (2017, 5k 16GB) and it slowed it down a fair bit.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Our workplace got trouble with Adobe CS 5 and 6 versions - so we still run on high sierra.