Patagonia Nano Air Hybrid Light

Anyone using that jacket for a midlayer for touring or resort skiing that involves a lot of hiking? Hard to tell if it’s perfect for that use or too light/breathable to really work inbounds

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I am and it has become one of my most used jackets... I use it for everything... It breaths incredibly well and provides perfect insulation for the cold days... I have not toured with it, but have worn it several times for inbound hiking and has pretty much replaced my R1 hoody...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks! I’m looking for exactly that - something warmer than an R1 that won’t leave me drenched when bootpacking

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I wear one under a hard shell on the cold days. It breathes well. Def warmer than an R1 or similar.

Amazing mid layer with so many uses. Definitely get it. Used it to summit 14ers, touring, and skiing inbounds under a shell on days around 25-35 degrees. Remarkable balance of warmth and breathability.

I use the regular nano air more than I do any other active layer. I'll use it on top of a really light baselayer for a lot of touring - basically any time it's not actively snowing on me. Shell goes over it for the down. Also use it as a midlayer under a lightly insulated hardshell for most of my inbounds days.

The Nano air light hybrid is an awesome touring layer IMO. I've used both the vest and hoody and find them to be great layers for touring. I run warm and mostly tour in CA, so I don't always need the hoody. I'll usually bring the vest over a light base layer plus a shell of some kind and a puffy for stops. I'll throw in the hoody instead of (or in addition to) the vest if it's colder. They are an excellent balance of warmth and breathability. Light and pretty packable as well.

The regular nano air jacket is a nice piece as well but I find it too warm for touring. I do like it as a mid layer for resort skiing however.

Bumping this to ask, how much colder Is.the nano air light hybrid on the back than the nap air light hoody without the back uninsulated section. I use a nano air vest over a baselayer all the time and was thinking of picking one of these up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Hoody. When you put it on, it doesn't move. You can do whatever you want, and it won't twist, bunch, lift your arms over your head and it just sits there, it just becomes a second furry skin. Like a part of you. Excellent mid layer when resting, like a puffy. Really great outer layer when moving. Warm and breathes, so it's never too warm. +10C to -15C static/walking, -20C moving.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 02-10-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Hoody. When you put it on, it doesn't move. You can do whatever you want, and it won't twist, bunch, lift your arms over your head and it just sits there, it just becomes a second furry skin. Like a part of you. Excellent mid layer when resting, like a puffy. Really great outer layer when moving. Warm and breathes, so it's never too warm. +10 to -15 static/walking, -20 moving.
    Sorry, was this the regular Air or the Light Hoody?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Sorry, was this the regular Air or the Light Hoody?

My bad. This is the regular, not the light.

Also, my temps are Celsius in windless sunny conditions, low temps have IceBreaker 260 layer underneath.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 02-10-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Love mine. It’s like an R1.5. I can skin in it near down to zero if I am headed uphill. Also good for trail running in the teens and (maybe) 20s.

all of the hybrids are incredible, but you will overheat in the jacket/hoody going hard uphill in cool conditions. I tour in tahoe and its never that cold, but I imagine it would be a dialed uphill layer in cold climates. I wear the jacket under a shell ib and have *never been cold nor never too hot* in it including traverses and some uphill slogs.

I find excuses to wear these jackets. Finest piece patagonia has ever made.

I am using the R-1 shell this year and its been good for the up,

R-1 breathes better than the Neo shell it replaced and I thro on a puffy when i stop

I could never use insulated anything to skin
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know