Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    Which app is that?
    app: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ot-Scanner-App

Surprising on that boot BSL, I'm also 44-44.5 EU for most street shoes and I wear a 26.5 mondo - usually 300-310mm BSL.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    app: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ot-Scanner-App

Surprising on that boot BSL, I'm also 44-44.5 EU for most street shoes and I wear a 26.5 mondo - usually 300-310mm BSL.
    I’m a 45 and I’m in a 305-315. I was thinking the same thing.

I haven’t had a proper setup for banging out chair laps in 5 years. My wife has me skiing inbounds regularly again and I no longer wanted to be associated with all the beaters struggling to get in their tech toes in the lift line. Not too mention pussyfooting around the variable chop that is 99% of resort skiing is no fun.

Got on some 183 Corvus and these things rip. I’m 160lbs on a high gravity day and 6’. Mounted on the line and they look like a lot of tail. At first I thought I should’ve gone 188. Glad I didn’t. These things are speed demons. They killed the heavy left overs and mashed potatoes at Loveland this morning. No tip dive even in breakable but again I’m a flyweight. You do get punished in the backseat but they float okay. They’re also work in the trees and bumps. I feel like they are skiing me when I let them run but put some muscle into them and they dump speed fine. Moving to the PNW this summer so these should be able to smash through the manky days up there.

Again I’ve been finessing my way around the hill on Dynafits and Voiles for 5 years so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I’m a 45 and I’m in a 305-315. I was thinking the same thing.
    to pile on...i'm a 45 & 316 too

Which app is that?
    Did you use the scan app??

Sorry, there I got some updates regarding my statement!
    I scanned my feet with the app resulting in 28.5 mondopoint.

We got a good dump of 150cm's fresh cold snow. The kind of snow where a 70mm ski would still be fun.
    And of course, it was a really good time on the Corvus as well. No tip dives or struggles!. It was wrong of me to say that it sucked in Powder.

HOWEVER, after a couple of days with a bit of sun and wind where the snow became SLIGHTLY more heavy the ski really struggled.
    Looking at the recent comments, I see multiple people agreeing that warm pow can be a challenge on the Corvus.

2019 Black Crows Corvus....bueller?

If you’re struggling in variable snow with the Corvus you’re doing something wrong. That’s where they shine. Last week they were slaying the hot pow on the aprons in the sun. Speed and lateral movement. They ski similar to the Ravens ime.

Maybe detune or check the bases if your technique is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If you’re struggling in variable snow with the Corvus you’re doing something wrong. That’s where they shine. Last week they were slaying the hot pow on the aprons in the sun. Speed and lateral movement. They ski similar to the Ravens ime.

Maybe detune or check the bases if your technique is solid.

Can you define hot pow? I agree that chopped up snow, hard/almost icy snow and slush is great fun.
    But if your definition of hot pow is wet/heavy powder (not slush) I do not agree that they shine in this condition.

I skied mine yesterday to recheck
    It was powder over buried refrozen spring bumps
    They were a blast

Can you define hot pow? I agree that chopped up snow, hard/almost icy snow and slush is great fun.
    But if your definition of hot pow is wet/heavy powder (not slush) I do not agree that they shine in this condition.
    Yes, warming new snow in the sun temperatures around or above freezing. The lack of taper, stiffness and rocker slices right through. How deep are we talking? I’m talking up to boot top. Deeper and some ski with a wider tapered tip would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Yes, warming new snow in the sun temperatures around or above freezing. The lack of taper, stiffness and rocker slices right through. How deep are we talking? I’m talking up to boot top. Deeper and some ski with a wider tapered tip would be nice.

The only conditions that I don’t choose my Corvus is over boot top. Other then that I find it to ski just like you. Perfect for just about anything. I rank it with a Cochise and a Katana.

Sirius are you a big guy? What length are you on? Are they mounted at boot center on rec line?

Edit. Found out you said you were on the 188 but you said you were tall. How tall are you? I’m 5’11 and just picked up a 188 because I think the 183 skis short.

Originally they were mounted on center line, but had them moved -1.5cm back. I'm 194cm

Ya. I’d say the ski is too short for you for that progressive of a mount. I bet a 193 mounted on rec line is probably your ticket to enjoyment. Maybe even -1. You’d probably even benefit from a 198 if they made it.

Anyone here been on both the 193 Corvus and the 192 Cochise 106?

Who has skied the 183 and 188 Corvus. How different are they? I love my 188's and am thinking about buying some 183s to use for short spring tours and lift assisted stuff in the Dolomites (if I even get back there). Sometimes I just want a heavy-ish touring ski. I tried some QST 106's in this role last year, but I like the Corvus more and the weight is pretty similar.

Anybody thinking of selling some 183's?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Who has skied the 183 and 188 Corvus. How different are they? I love my 188's and am thinking about buying some 183s to use for short spring tours and lift assisted stuff in the Dolomites (if I even get back there). Sometimes I just want a heavy-ish touring ski. I tried some QST 106's in this role last year, but I like the Corvus more and the weight is pretty similar.

Anybody thinking of selling some 183's?

I have a 183 with kingpins and a 188 with alpine bindings. I felt like I wanted more top speed so I went longer. Still very manageable, I still ski the trees on the 188. But I tour on the 183. It’s a lot of fun. My other touring ski is a Solis. That skis a lot like the Corvus. Just less float.

I’ll be selling my 193s. PM me if anyone wants them…

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I have a 183 with kingpins and a 188 with alpine bindings. I felt like I wanted more top speed so I went longer. Still very manageable, I still ski the trees on the 188. But I tour on the 183. It’s a lot of fun. My other touring ski is a Solis. That skis a lot like the Corvus. Just less float.
    Yeah the 188s are great. I'm not selling them. I'm hoping the 183s are nearly as stable. I'm sure I'll prefer them for kick turns and jump turns.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

My 183 was my original length, it’s very stable. I had alpine clamps on those first. I’ll be surprised if you can tell a difference between them at anything slower then Mach 2

FWIW, I bought the OG Corvus in a 175 for a touring set up. ended up putting alpine clips on them. Hadn't skied a ski that short in a long time and ended up loving them. no speed limit. i'm about 5'9 and 170lbs. at times wished they were longer. later bought the 2019 in a 183. I actually prefer the older ones with camber underfoot. love them in everything but pow. makes me curious about the justis.

I'm kind of looking at these to replace some 189 Wren 108s. The Wrens are great for going mach looney but can be kind of awkward around crowded traverses. Does the Corvus initiate turns better at lower speeds? Is it a slightly more forgiving ski?

Quote Originally Posted by RYAN13 View Post
    I'm kind of looking at these to replace some 189 Wren 108s. The Wrens are great for going mach looney but can be kind of awkward around crowded traverses. Does the Corvus initiate turns better at lower speeds? Is it a slightly more forgiving ski?
    Yes it initiates at low speeds well, it’s essentially flat so it pivots quickly, but I definitely wouldn’t term it as less forgiving. It’s a lot like a Cochise or katana, you either love it or hate it and you can either ski it or can’t, there is no faking it. It’s my daily driver for the east coast and there isn’t a day I hesitate to take them, bullet proof to powder.

Corvus is quite easy to maneuver at slower speeds (similar to the OG Cochise). It's quicker and carves much better than a Cochise (but isn't as damp and stable)- better than I expected considering to the lack of camber. Only drawback is that it has a smaller sweet spot than some skis. Float is nothing special for the width. Based on other ON3P skis I've been on, Id' bet the Wren is a better powder ski and Corvus is quicker, and better on firm.

Thank you. I don't really like my Wren 108s for soft snow, but it could be that I just reach for other skis in those conditions. I was kind of hoping the Corvus might be better in soft snow given that it's flat underfoot. Not looking to replace my powder ski but a ski that's slightly more versatile appeals to me. I probably need to figure out how to demo these this year.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Thank you. I don't really like my Wren 108s for soft snow, but it could be that I just reach for other skis in those conditions. I was kind of hoping the Corvus might be better in soft snow given that it's flat underfoot. Not looking to replace my powder ski but a ski that's slightly more versatile appeals to me. I probably need to figure out how to demo these this year.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Sent you a PM. Have some Corvus 183/Look Pivots mounted once OTL for 306 BSL that I may move.