Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Don’t be a fag Woody

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Don’t be a fag Woody
    HAHAHAHAHAAAA!

...and subscribed

These are really fun. Stable, almost like an LP105 or original Invictus 108 but really loose too. Put them on edge and the grip is great. Stay flatter and they’re super pivoty. You do get rebound on softer groomers and ungroomed snow between turns.

Only regret is not buying the 193s. These will be great as a dual duty inbounds/touring ski though.

These are really fun. Stable, almost like an LP105 or original Invictus 108 but really loose too. Put them on edge and the grip is great. Stay flatter and they’re super pivoty. You do get rebound on softer groomers and ungroomed snow between turns.

Only regret is not buying the 193s. These will be great as a dual duty inbounds/touring ski though.
    Welcome to the club.
    What’s your size (if you don’t mind)?

I’m large. 6’4” 235-240. The 188 is tons of fun and I’m skiing them way faster than I should according to my girlfriend and daughter. Stupid easy to turn and I never feel like I’m overpowering them. I think they’re stiffer than my old lp 105s and my Invictus. Just not as heavy. Great skis.

These seem to be pretty durable, skiing with my usual cavalier attitude towards rocks here at the rock pile. A few pretty goo hits on basalt and only cosmetic scrapes on the bases.

All this lines up with my experience. I asked your size because I’ve got both 193 & 188. Probably narrowing to one because 4 skis in the 106-108 waist. The 193s are a scaled jump in weight from the lower increments and feel wonderful in open area. Providing more resort bomber feel than my 188s - which for me favor 50/50 work.
    Yea, being a big human- I think you’d benefit on 193.

First day on the Corvus 183. Loved them. I have been skiing Legend Pro Riders - the 186 OGs with~ 100 waist - for the last 15 years. I am new to any kind of rockered skis. These seem to do most of the things the LPs do with half the effort. Very fun, easy ski. But it charges and asks you to stay facing down hill. Very maneuverable in tight spots. This 183 is a great east coast tree ski but can also open up in big spaces.

Hey Magnicorn, how do they float for a guy your size? I'm on the hunt for a board to splore around the rock pile you call home, Corvus is a leading contender. Glad to hear their holding up to the sharks. Can't think of a hill with more of them

2019 Black Crows Corvus....bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Hey Magnicorn, how do they float for a guy your size? I'm on the hunt for a board to splore around the rock pile you call home, Corvus is a leading contender. Glad to hear their holding up to the sharks. Can't think of a hill with more of them
    My 183 floated in 1-2 feet on surprise memorial weekend pow day at the bird when mineral popped. I’m 175. Could I (would I) have gone 188 sure. But these were a steal and I’m quite happy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by whyturn; 08-20-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    They float pretty well. I skied Mission Friday and Saturday and found some pretty deep snow, some light, some denser. They’re a great replacement for my Invictus. I don’t feel the need for fatter skis here. They handle the wind affected snow that we so often get here really well. If I had demoed them I would have probably picked the 193 but I’m loving the 188 as a daily driver.

I really tested the durability yesterday, a few runs down Castle. The snow was superb but I hit more than a few rocks pretty hard. Just cosmetic scrapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    My Cochises have always done this. Freaked me out until I found out why.

On a Corvus note, found a pair of minty 188’s. Will see how those work out once we have enough snow to not destroy them due to low tide shark hunting.
    have you had a chance to ski the new corvus yet? I'm falling out of love with last year's cochises, and it sounds like the corvus might offer a lot of the good things about the cochise while requiring a little less work on my part. sounds more fun. can get 188s pretty cheap now.

Can anyone compare these to the Atris 16/17? I love my Atris in powder but they don't exactly crush on groom or crud. The OG Cochise was my favorite ski all time but didn't like the new one. Are the Corvus going to offer much better crud performance than the Atris similar to an OG Cochise?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by taoslcl View Post
    Can anyone compare these to the Atris 16/17? I love my Atris in powder but they don't exactly crush on groom or crud. The OG Cochise was my favorite ski all time but didn't like the new one. Are the Corvus going to offer much better crud performance than the Atris similar to an OG Cochise?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Will be better than the Atris but nothing close to the OG Cochise

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

5' 11'', 185 lbs, 3 seasons on skis. Bought the new Corvus in 188, but skied for 3 days so far in the hills.

Feels very solid and reliable, but also maneuverable. Wants to ski fast and being driven from the front.

So far quite happy with the ski. I bought it as the exploration-mode big mountain ski: come the resort, go everywhere and be confident that the ski will deliver and be predictable. I think, the Corvus is fine for that. Additional objective was to increase my speed limit and learn to ski faster than I used to. That also worked.

I also didn't find the ski playful at all. Like zilch pop. But I'm not a good a skier, for one, and that's also part of ski design.

Going to the real mountains in a couple of weeks, will see how it works out.

PS. I basically registered to write this comment, but the forum is pretty cool

I think the lack of pop is due to your weight and your choice of length. I get plenty of rebound on the 188, but I’m 230. I also think they’re playful. I bet you might find the 183 more playful. I doubt you would find a lack of stability, these skis are quite stiff and damp.

Never been on a pair of Corvus but I'm already starting to have those special feelings for them. Sounds like a perfect board for Mission. It is on the top of my to try list at the WWSRA demo in a couple of weeks. Talked to "Bird" Schaffer a couple of weeks ago and he said that they will definitely have a booth this year. Anxious to do a head-to-head with Bibby's that have been my fresh snow ski at Mission for the past several years.

Magnicorn, I'm a little smaller than you at 5'11" and 220lb so it sounds like the 188's would definitely be in the wheelhouse for me in terms of preferred length? If there's time, and they have both sizes available, I will definitely try both the 188 and 193

I think the 188 would be fine, they’re quite stout. I’m trading a mag for 193s. I’m tall, a skosh under 6’5” and 235-240 right now. I just want a little more ski in front of me. That said, I would be happy with 188s.

I think the 188 would be fine, they’re quite stout. I’m trading a mag for 193s. I’m tall, a skosh under 6’5” and 235-240 right now. I just want a little more ski in front of me. That said, I would be happy with 188s.
    You gonna stick with the tecton on the big boy?

I need to mount my pair. Trying to decide which binding to stick on it.

Think I’m going to put some STH on them. Put the tectons back on the Husumes and try and find a deal on some Ravens.

There's a cheap pair of Raven 190's from a few days ago on the sell shit page. It's one of those closet cleaning titles

First day on the 193s after trading my 188s with Cascade Luke. Very happy, just as nimble but these go to eleven. They seem more than 5 cm longer. Track through stiff wind affected snow really well.

Hey guys. Been on QST 99’s and trying to find a resort, side country, entry to touring ski. I’m getting a feeling these might wok? Only been on skis for two years. 180lbs, 5’10”, thinking about the 183’s with techtons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukwithak View Post
    Hey guys. Been on QST 99’s and trying to find a resort, side country, entry to touring ski. I’m getting a feeling these might wok? Only been on skis for two years. 180lbs, 5’10”, thinking about the 183’s with techtons.
    What do you expect from this ski that the QST99 cant deliver? I know some guys who like the QST99 (or 106) for its wide range of applications. Seems like it should do what you want?