Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Yes. They warrantied by sending another pair with the same rocker issue. Unfortunate but they ski fine. I quite like them and personally can’t tell they have an issue other than visual. I gave extra pair to friend and he likes them as well.
    Thanks, that’s disappointing to find out but expected. Not sure why they have so much trouble with a simple rocker line. All three pairs I’ve touched (2x 2018 black with pink, 1x 2020 white topsheet) have looked really similar. I guess I’ll see what BC says about my photos and just ski them as is if they don’t replace. Glad to hear it doesn’t necessarily affect the skiability.

BC got back to me said the rocker issue isn’t really an issue.

From Black Crows:
    “Please note that a ski camber can change with temperature.
    Also, the ski construction (titanal layers) makes Corvus camber not 100% stable, which means that a "perfect" Corvus is very rare.
    This camber won't really affect your skiability and if we change it again, we can't be sure that you get a perfect cambered one.”

They graciously offered to exchange for any other big mountain ski in their lineup. I’ll probably just mount them and ski them. Also have some Animas to ski this season so I might flip one pair toward spring depending on how it goes.

Interesting take. I wonder how all the other ski companies using titanal nail their camber profiles?...

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    BC got back to me said the rocker issue isn’t really an issue.

From Black Crows:
    “Please note that a ski camber can change with temperature.
    Also, the ski construction (titanal layers) makes Corvus camber not 100% stable, which means that a "perfect" Corvus is very rare.
    This camber won't really affect your skiability and if we change it again, we can't be sure that you get a perfect cambered one.”
    I don't have any issues with my BC....but that statement is the biggest load of shit.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Interesting take. I wonder how all the other ski companies using titanal nail their camber profiles?...
    Right? I don’t remember seeing triple camber Katanas....

Yeah makes me wonder about QC as well but I still like the general reviews on the Corvus. I’ve got some Animas and Camox FB (thanks STP clearance!) and they look great, but it’s frustrating BC can’t nail the rocker on this ski, which every other company seems to be able to.

Anybody think I should take them up and trade for maybe an Atris? I wanted the Corvus for its mank/crud ability but I generally ski soft days and I don’t go all these fast. However I am a fatty at 190lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Anybody think I should take them up and trade for maybe an Atris?
    Only if you can personally fondle the pair in question prior to accepting...

2019 Black Crows Corvus....bueller?

While I really like my Corvus that statement is weak. My experience is 1 bad out of 4 through my hands. My first pair was bad. Also the most expensive. Bought this time last year. The warranty replacement was good rocker and my BIL went on with those. I’ve been skiing the abnormal pair and it’s not a big deal to me. Who knows if or how bad the effect is. It’s the only pair I’ve skied. Bought a back up 188 pair in the spring because I don’t like the new while/pink. Then 193s surfaced and well, you know what happened next. Both of those pair are normal.
    The 193 does have a more flat flat jam going, very sharky. Even slight camber when decompressed. They’re also 160g jump to 193 and the claim weight difference online from 184 to 188 is only 50gs IIRC.
    In this pic the bad pair is in the middle, 193 on right, then new pair sold on left.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4732.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	303105
    I’d add that I think the tip form became a little better after putting the ski into play for a season.

I'm still digging my 188's from last season. They look exactly like your 193's. Def a strange response from the BC folks - is it that hard to build skis with uniform rocker?
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 11-20-2019 at 05:04 PM.

That messed up camber looks a lot like the old pairs of rossi sickle that had the same issue... some had the correct profile and some were kind of double cambered like those photos show.

I'm not sure what caused it but the sickle is also a barely continuously rockered ski so maybe there's something difficult about pressing that?

Whatever the reason the explanation given is horse shit. Can you imagine that argument made in selling any other product?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

I feel so trendy right nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191214_191857254.jpeg 
Views:	280 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	306246

Sent from my moto e6 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I feel so trendy right nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191214_191857254.jpeg 
Views:	280 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	306246

No my friend. You need to mount em with a Shift to be trendy.

Feeling a bit of FOMO. Skied my rock ski pair of 2009 Katanas yesterday and forgot how much I like a full rocker ski with metal. Maybe I’ll snag a pair of the 188’s from EVO and hope I don’t get a funky rocker pair?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I feel so trendy right now
    Twinsies!

Name:	xse0tEC.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	883.5 KB 
ID:	306323

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    If you've ever put an iron on any titanal cochise, bonafides, etc from Blizzard when you are waxing you will see their rocker triple in a minute.

Name:	IMG_9345.JPG 
Views:	218 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	306348

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    If you've ever put an iron on any titanal cochise, bonafides, etc from Blizzard when you are waxing you will see their rocker triple in a minute.
    My Cochises have always done this. Freaked me out until I found out why.

On a Corvus note, found a pair of minty 188’s. Will see how those work out once we have enough snow to not destroy them due to low tide shark hunting.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Based off my life, I believe

Got my skis out on Bachelor today. Soft warm northwest snow (1.5” fresh) with a hard base. These things rip. Mounted on the line with pivots and I’m in love. Float better than expected for a 108 waist ski, can ski bumps, charge the crud/chunder and hold a hard carve on the frozen stuff. I did not find the speed limit, they love long fall line turns

I snagged a pair of Corvi recently and I am wondering about the collective’s experience with how tough the bases and edges have proven over time? I am mostly an ON3P guy so I doubt they will prove to be up to that standard but I don’t foresee our low tide conditions changing real soon, so wondering if I want to start beating on my new sticks right away.
    What do y’all think?

Quote Originally Posted by greasyslope View Post
    I snagged a pair of Corvi recently and I am wondering about the collective’s experience with how tough the bases and edges have proven over time? I am mostly an ON3P guy so I doubt they will prove to be up to that standard but I don’t foresee our low tide conditions changing real soon, so wondering if I want to start beating on my new sticks right away.
    What do y’all think?
    I whacked some good rocks at Bachelor with only about 20” base. One small scuff is all. I’m impressed, if would have core shotted my old skis, I believe. Time will tell long-term, I’m still not taking them out as rock skis, but I think they’ll last if I’m reasonably careful.

Leavenworth skier you get out in your pair yet? Any thoughts to share?

Jumped on the 18/19 Corvus bus. 188s from evo, great deal with an extra discount code. Rocker on my pair looks perfect.

Little shorter than my 188 Invictus, almost identical profile. Interesting to see the difference between the two with the camber and flat rocker. The rocker on the Corvus is just like the full rocker Mantra/Gotama

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Leavenworth skier you get out in your pair yet? Any thoughts to share?
    Not my jam, a little on the stiff side for how light they are and I like camber...

I feel as if I've let the universe down.