Snowmobile Goggle Fit/Recommendations

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a new pair of goggles. I need a new pair for skiing, but that's the familiar, easy part. The problem is I am new to snowmobiling, and will likely spend upward of a dozen or so days/year sledding this year and in the future.

1. Is it practical to use one pair for both skiing & sledding? I won't likely be doing sled-accessed skiing, otherwise I would definitely get seperate pairs.

2. If it is recommended to use one pair, any recommendations for some of the better ski goggles that fit with snowmobile helmets? (i/ox, i/o mag, smith squad, squad xl, oakley flight deck, oakley fall line, fall line xl, etc.)

3. If it is NOT recommended to use one pair, what are some goggle recommendations for snowmobiling? I assume MX goggles are not good because they are single lense.
    Da Hood Crew, bruddah!

I've always used IOX and they fit fine with my sled helmet.

but you'll sweat a lot. bring 3 pairs.

Buy a full face moto style helmet that fits with your ski goggles, and skip the extra goggles. You want a full face helmet for sledding, trust me.

I’m a fan of always carrying a spare set with a clear lens; riding out after it gets dark for any number of reasons sucks with tinted lenses. Otherwise as the others, wear what you like that works with a ff moto helmet.

What others said. Bring a spare set. Not just lenses. The foam gets smashed and soaked. Snowmobile goggles have thicker foam and a cover for your nose that is removable. Plus they are cheaper...well maybe not the high end ones but in general they are noticeably less cost.

I have used Smith's snowmobile goggles. Not bad but discontinued. I just got a set of Motorfist goggles with polarized lenses. Good fit and optics. Prodeal price on those plus they fit their helmet.

509 should be nice especially with their helmet.

They all fog imo. The snowmobile helmet traps heat and moisture. We've talked about using mtn bike DH helmets when it isn't super cold.

If you already have mx goggles, you can usually get dual pane lenses for them, scott calls them thermal lenses. Those would make good backups to your ski goggles as primary. I night ski and winter moto commute in scott tyrants, they work great. Only complaint is that sticky snow will build up on the lower frame if it's really coming down.

Definately ff with good goggles for fun. Got Oakleys with heated lens, they work nice as long as battery lasts. Modular helmet for work. When you have to ride 60km and it's - 27c or in snow storm by gps, it's hard to beat good modular helmet, always summer inside that

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using TGR Forums mobile app

I usually cycle my older snowboard goggles into sled duty when I get shiny new goggles for snowboarding. I find that all of my gear gets torn up faster on the sled but generally the same gear works for both except for the helmets. I ride my sled in the same helmet that I use for riding my dirt bike except I add a breath box in the winter to help keep the goggles clear.

thought I was crazy..fogging goggles on sled. figured being new to the sport I was doing something wrong. I have a klim f4 but looks like need to research breath box.

also wish there was more field of vision. even using Smith IOX...