Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    While I feel for the shop rats and retail folks getting the shaft, I for one am happy these chuckleheads are going under.

Fifteen years ago I bought a training stand from them, and got suckered into joining their Team Performance Discount Club. “It pays for itself with the discount on the trainer” they said.

What they didn’t tell me was that it was in-fucking-possible to get out of their fucking club and make the annual $29.95 fee stop. Hours and hours spent on the phone with their CSRs trying to end the relationship, and with the bank trying to dispute the charge, to no avail. Cost of that fucking trainer probably ended up tripled.

At least now maybe their annual fee will stop...
    They'll make that a subsidiary that'll never, ever go away.

Or sell all your information and you'll be getting these other companies hassling you.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^^^Gee thanks for those encouraging words...
    The personal info I gave them is no longer valid so worthless to spammers.

still waiting for the online deals. When pricepoint died, I bought tubes at $.79 (27.5*2.0-2.4, presta)

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    still waiting for the online deals. When pricepoint died, I bought tubes at $.79 (27.5*2.0-2.4, presta)
    There was one day last week where prices on a lot of stuff were really low. They had a bunch of bikes at 40% off, including the Breezer Radar Pro. I decided to sleep on it, and when I looked again the next day, the prices had gone back up.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Yeah, I'm still chomping at the bit to get a deal on a Fuji.

Are they the same as Nashbar? Someone posted earlier they (Nashbar) were going out of business and picked up a $1000 Breezer storm expert for $410 a couple weeks ago. Seems like a lot of similar bikes on both pages.

pricepoint sold off all their shit themselves, I think. performance has hired a liquidator to take care of the stores:
    https://www.bicycleretailer.com/reta...ance-locations
    which usually translates into high prices that don't nearly fall as fast as you think, sometimes higher prices than before BK (which is imo, where the best deals are too be had now - that slide into BK). I wouldn't expect cheap shit on the website (same fulfillment warehouse as nashbar/company now)

Quote Originally Posted by pollydog View Post
    Are they the same as Nashbar?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    No
    yes https://www.bicycleretailer.com/reta...ng-closes-ohio as pointed out in the article - owned nashbar since 2000

same holding company, shared aspects of operation, but not the same entities. Or maybe different brands of the same entity. If the latter, you owned me with a gotcha, which should bring you great delight.

Where the F have I been? Pricepoint is gone? And now Performance? I think I started buying stuff from Performance in the early 90s. I remember thinking that their in-house stuff was total shit, but apparently maybe I was wrong according to some respectable mags in this thread. Hope the shop guys can find some good gigs and like mntlion said, hopefully it'll open some room for new LBSs.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Good deals in store, FYI. Our store was starting to get pretty thin, but if you're looking to stock up on wear items, or are looking for a deal on some clothes or parts, now is the time.

They had the Radar marked down to ~$925 before taxes. I was ready to jump until I rode it. They only have a 54 and it's loonnnnggg. Still deciding if I want to try to make it work with shorter stem and bars.

online (for shoes anyways) its 30-50% off what is left. Deals, but still selling at cost (ish)

when is real closing date?

Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg View Post
    Where the F have I been? Pricepoint is gone? And now Performance? I think I started buying stuff from Performance in the early 90s. I remember thinking that their in-house stuff was total shit, but apparently maybe I was wrong according to some respectable mags in this thread. Hope the shop guys can find some good gigs and like mntlion said, hopefully it'll open some room for new LBSs.
    https://www.performancebike.com/shop/cycling-clothing

thanks for the heads up. not exactly blow out deals, tho. maybe I need to dig deeper
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Performance Bike is no longer....buy closeouts now

online (for shoes anyways) its 30-50% off what is left. Deals, but still selling at cost (ish)

when is real closing date?
    Store here is closing the 25th. Went back to hem and haw about the bike and it was marked down to $769. Too low to resist, so I got it. Selection was sparse, but they still had some decent stuff. RF Atlas stems for $30, decent selection of bags, and some house brand clothes for dirt cheap.

decent selection of bags ? still searching

I need a deal on some butt cream

https://blog.performancebike.com/the...rOUgwjqZAAro9M
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.