Wanted: PNW avy survivor support group?

Anyone know of a F2F or online group for people who had an avy near miss in the greater Seattle area? This is kind of a specific ask, as I'm not looking for counselors, Xanax prescriptions, avy training, blog posts, podcasts, literature about various aversion therapies, or first-responder/survivor-related stuff: Literally looking for people who have actually been swept/buried, survived, are dealing with the impact, and who want to connect with others in similar situations.

Feels like a long shot, but figured I'd throw it out there.

This forum might be a good place to find enough people to start one.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    This forum might be a good place to find enough people to start one.
    Agree! I'm posting on behalf of someone else, but if there's enough interest, she's definitely game to set something up.

This is a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I can talk to them directly if it would help. I've been fully buried waiting for death, and have also been on the other side with good and bad outcomes. It can be difficult. Not really looking to join a group though.

Quote Originally Posted by cmor View Post
    I can talk to them directly if it would help. I've been fully buried waiting for death, and have also been on the other side with good and bad outcomes. It can be difficult. Not really looking to join a group though.
    Makes total sense. Thanks!

THANK YOU to those of you who reached out. Takes a lot of balls to talk about this shit, and it's good to see there's as much on topics like this as there is on demanding everyone ski 190+ skis at all times around here .

Feel more than free to PM if others want to connect and not join some group or lay it out on an internet forum.

I've not reached the waiting for death point but I've been swept as well as triggering something that likely would've killed me had it swept me.

I did a lot of introspection around these like any sane human would and am happy to discuss the incidents. also not looking to join a group but happy to talk.

I really think that you should get some therapy. That is not an insult in one bit.

Serious. Snow is a science, it's a thing, a very simple thing, and the science is sometimes unpredictable, in human eyes.

But it is a constant. We evaluate it, and we are the imperfect ones.

And we lose friends. In my case, multiple. I can't change the outcomes, but I have changed decisions many times, and I'm not a pussy.

Groups aren't going to help you. Get some one-on-one. Work through what you are needing. You are asking, which is bold. Just do a couple sessions. Get it out and work through your issues.

It's your brain that needs. Feed it.

Merry Christmas.

Reach out one more time here for us: There are a ton of people with resources here. If you need a hose clamp in china, or a restaurant recommendation in India, or a therapist in the PNW, we got that, we have more shit collectively than you can possibly imagine. That is the essence of this place, not skiing.

Just post a request. I know we have this. Or just PM me. I will do it for you.

And, I'm feeling your intention, and I respect it. Hugs.

And, Happy New Year too.

And that goes for everyone.