Thread: Ironing

Ironing

Since the subject of ironing was brought up in another thread--does anyone do it? Ironing your ski bases doesn't count. I won't buy any clothes that have to be ironed. My kid irons his shirts, but he's in the AF and has no choice. Even uses starch.

I have some stuff that needs ironing. A few pants, a few shirts. Also depends on how fast they come out of the dryer and if they get hung up immediately. Some just need a touch up in spots, others look a lot better if I do iron them vs not ironing them. A clothes steamer sometimes also would be nice to get a few wrinkles out only.

Couple times a week. I find most "no iron" shirts look like cap unless ironed.

We have a pretty lax business casual policy at work, and it's a shame people can't be bothered to adhere to it. Wearing clean, non wrinkled clothes shold be mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Wearing clean, non wrinkled clothes shold be mandatory.

Both? At the same time? You work at one of them there fancy mall dentist shop or what?

I iron daily. Shirts. Sometimes I'll get spunky on a Sunday and do a week's worth. Takes 5 min max.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Lots of ironing in the TGRz.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

If "ironing" is activity and speech oozing with irony then #45's cornered the market on that..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Couple times a week. I find most "no iron" shirts look like cap unless ironed.

We have a pretty lax business casual policy at work, and it's a shame people can't be bothered to adhere to it. Wearing clean, non wrinkled clothes shold be mandatory.
    Bootlicker

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Both? At the same time? You work at one of them there fancy mall dentist shop or what?
    Naw, dentists can spell more better

I ironed a shirt. Once. Even when I was paying for college and working in small firms i could still find the change for the drycleaners. litterally payed them with plastic bags of coins sometimes...friday was going over the various catagories of volume rebate reserve with the EY auditor and realized she was wearing chucks. Fuckin kids today. if youda told me in 1987 i would one day be talkin volume rebate reserve with a Big 8 auditor during business hours wearing chucks wait what the fuck were we talking about? where's my beer
    "Can't you see..."

I did a reasonable amount of irony until I left my last position in academe. Donated most of my ironic clothes. But since I couldn't (yet) part with some of my suits and jackets, I took the iron, and irony board, with me to Colorado.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Did I miss the irony on ironing?

I knew somebody who ironed bed sheets, and not just for rallies. I do not do irony or ironing.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

The Mrs irons my all my shirts while I watch football
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead

iron sharpens iron. saw it on a red shirt

Sold my hi-steam set-up back in February. I miss it

Name:  hi-steam.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  23.0 KB

eta: mine didn't have the arm doohickey
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    If a red plane is faster than any other color plane, I wonder how does that superior ability translate to a shirt?
    do you even lift bro
    Name:  iu-5.jpeg
Views: 165
Size:  19.1 KB

I iron the clothes I wear to work. A pair of pants takes a couple minutes to iron, a shirt five minutes tops. It's not a major time investment.

My kitchen has an ironing board that folds out of the wall.

Alanis Morissette does my ironing.

Roommate freshman year ironed his jeans. I found that odd.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I iron the clothes I wear to work. A pair of pants takes a couple minutes to iron, a shirt five minutes tops. It's not a major time investment.
    That's a high speed lift and skin run, so it's a huge amount of time. Think of all the runs you are missing as you iron.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I saw this thing in action at a builder's convention I was attending.
    It was absolutely amazing. Iron pants and shirts without having to turn them over.
    $2499 is pretty steep though- lots of dry cleaning can be done for that kind of cash.

Here is the least cheesy video I could find.