Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Similar, especially with the very late announcement and the absurd $20 charge.

But very different in that they still have a ton of free parking. Eldora's plan did away with ALL free parking unless you carpooled.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Agreed, seems like the waters are being tested though. Probably a sign of things to come at lots of places.

Arrived at 8:30 this morning to ski with my boy. Lineup of cars started at the frozen pond. Damn, I thought, filling up early today. 25 minute wait to the resort entrance. There was one kid checking cars to see who qualified for the good parking spots. Lot was 10% full. The traffic was only from the kid checking cars.

Typical Eldora.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

maybe it’s different in CO, but free parking needs to be a thing of the past up here in WA, especially on weekends. Both the parking lots and roads are packed full of vehicles which all drove the same last 50-60 miles to the ski area. We also see a good chunk of parking taken up by folks who just go touring, sledding, or snowshoeing nearby - freeloading off the ski areas who pay to maintain those lots.

Charge $20 a vehicle per Sat/Sun/Holiday regardless of occupancy and you’ll find a smoother, safer, drive and all the feel good environmental stuff too. I bet you’d find lots of folks carpooling that last 50 miles. $20 split 3-4 ways isn’t bad per-day premium especially when added on top of gas costs. $20 each is.

Hopefully more ski areas start enacting pay-to-park policies. Unfortunately elders bowed out, I bet most of you would have paid up anyway.

Fuck off dude......

Eldora pay to play

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    but free parking needs to be a thing of the past up here in WA, especially on weekends.
    Umm no thanks, get up early, be first to the lot and you will never have an issue.

you’ll find a smoother, safer, drive and all the feel good environmental stuff too.
    That’s just the thing, it really doesn’t work this way. Ever cruise up to the hill before work for a couple AM laps?! Yeah that won’t happen if you have to pay $20 for that hour of skiing on top of your season pass, gas, equipment.

If you want to pay for parking please move to Colorado. There is plenty of paid parking and sadly that has not fixed i70 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I suppose they could have two lots, a pay lot and a free lot. Plow the pay lot and let folks get up early and shovel their spot in the free lot.

Let the state toll the highways.

Maybe CO doesn’t have the traffic issues WA does and everyone is able to drive 40-60mpjh along I70. I’m up at the mountain plenty early. Generally take my dog for a couple skin laps next door before the mountain opens. I’d still pay a little more not to have US2/i90/410 at a standstill on the way home. Maybe I should move to CO where the traffic flows smoothly to and from ski areas.

I doubt ski areas would charge on weekday mornings when they aren’t filling their lots. Likely not after 12:00 or 1:00 on weekends either when things start opening up. Likely not worth cost of enforcement, also trying to lure folks up at those times anyways.
    Last edited by XavierD; 12-27-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Maybe CO doesn’t have the traffic issues WA does and everyone is able to drive 40-60mpjh along I70. ... Maybe I should move to CO where the traffic flows smoothly to and from ski areas.

I doubt ski areas would charge on weekday mornings when they aren’t filling their lots.
    Facepalm.

This Eldora paid parking plan is a mirror image of the parking situation at Jackson.

After 11 years of taking the bus from the free lot down the road, I caved and bought a parking pass for 600 dollars this year. This is your future, fight the power while you still can.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Facepalm.
    Yup, no need to encourage these folks to carpoolName:  EA6D07F8-25D2-41D6-AC03-E1D8F5C9AB5F.jpeg
Views: 367
Size:  51.7 KB

It wouldn't make one bit of difference.

Seriously.

Yup, no need to encourage these folks to carpoolName:  EA6D07F8-25D2-41D6-AC03-E1D8F5C9AB5F.jpeg
Views: 367
Size:  51.7 KB

So, how many folks did you carpool with on that day?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Arrived at 8:30 this morning to ski with my boy. Lineup of cars started at the frozen pond. Damn, I thought, filling up early today. 25 minute wait to the resort entrance. There was one kid checking cars to see who qualified for the good parking spots. Lot was 10% full. The traffic was only from the kid checking cars.

Typical Eldora.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    I’m dismayed to hear this.

Guarantee next year the whole lot will be $20 per car.

BUMP for anybody have any word on what their parking fee schedule will look like for 19/20 since the IKON is on sale now?

Edit: Answer my own question: NO.

Name:  eldo park.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  57.3 KB
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

That's good news!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    BUMP for anybody have any word on what their parking fee schedule will look like for 19/20 since the IKON is on sale now?

Edit: Answer my own question: NO.
    Or at least until those sunnuvabitches change their mind.

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music