Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    So they値l be handing out a unique code or the same one for every carpool? We could just post up the days carpool code in here and then everyone is in free

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    So they’ll be handing out a unique code or the same one for every carpool? We could just post up the days carpool code in here and then everyone is in free

given Eldora's "transparency" with the whole program, hard to tell. But I doubt that it's not unique.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

And.... Eldora has abandoned the parking policy for this season.

I'm glad they did, but this whole thing was hysterically bad. bravo eldora, you outdid yourself.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Eldora pay to play

Wow. Talk about a major miscalculation at multiple levels on the part of Eldora. I知 glad to see they wimped out.
    Last edited by wolfelot; Today at 12:11 AM.

"It seems like they rolled this out without thinking through all the implications,"
    Per the usual.

I would imagine getting out of the contract with the company who was going to manage this wasn稚 an easy decision. $ has probably already been spent on signs, kiosks, mall cops, phone app, etc. it was a good PR move though.

Eldora is shockingly bush league. Each time they screw something up it's just dumber than the time before. How can you not see this blowback coming? It's almost willful at this point. I'm starting to rely on their idiocy for entertainment.

You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? I'm not even mad, that's amazing.

At least they realized the PR error.

Now maybe they can actually to figure out how to incentivize carpooling. Priority parking, discounts on food and drink, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Holy shit that is impressive容ven by Eldoras standards. Bass email posted above made me think they wouldn稚 back down.

Next thing you know they won稚 charge an arm and a leg for uphill skiing and let you do it on the weekends...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    any skiing is good skiing
    only bad days I"ve had skiing is when I've hurt myself and ended up in the er
    mid week mornings with no one around was always fun at eldora, the place is great
    any weeds weed
    but i sure dont pay diggty dank prices for c grade swag
    legal or not
    and eldora= larfy sqib swag
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

Eldora pay to play

They spent all the money on the infrastructure to do this. You know it痴 coming next year. The only difference is they値l just give you notice now.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    They spent all the money on the infrastructure to do this. You know it痴 coming next year. The only difference is they値l just give you notice now.
    Agree. But in addition to people having notice, I bet it gets tweaked to address some of the things they heard. Or not, it is Eldora after all.

They've put themselves in a nice lose/lose scenario.
    Hope everyone can get there by 830am on midseason weekends, or you are shit out of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Hope everyone can get there by 830am on midseason weekends, or you are shit out of luck!
    Second shift skiing starts at noon. Front row parking is plentiful.

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Second shift skiing starts at noon. Front row parking is plentiful.
    Of course, second shift is a good time, but that's not the point.
    The status quo sucks, and is more harmful than many realize.

Wow that was a lot of drama for a dinky little ski area.

Of course, second shift is a good time, but that's not the point.
    The status quo sucks, and is more harmful than many realize.
    I don't think anyone disagrees that there is a problem, though you're probably right that some folks don't realize the severity of the problem. They're not the first resort to have parking fill up and have to turn away folks, but when it starts happening super early that's going to be painful. But they went about this the wrong way (on SO many levels). Hopefully, they will implement some changes and start working on solutions while not charging $20 for parking, and start talking to people in the community to brainstorm ways to handle this for this year and into the future. Bear in mind, however, that solving the problem of parking will simply create another problem for the resort, too many people for their limited facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't think anyone disagrees that there is a problem, though you're probably right that some folks don't realize the severity of the problem. They're not the first resort to have parking fill up and have to turn away folks, but when it starts happening super early that's going to be painful. But they went about this the wrong way (on SO many levels). Hopefully, they will implement some changes and start working on solutions while not charging $20 for parking, and start talking to people in the community to brainstorm ways to handle this for this year and into the future. Bear in mind, however, that solving the problem of parking will simply create another problem for the resort, too many people for their limited facilities.
    I am a big fan of their initiative with RTD. That's part of the solution, although some direct express routes from the FR to Eldora would help broaden its appeal.

I am a big fan of their initiative with RTD. That's part of the solution, although some direct express routes from the FR to Eldora would help broaden its appeal.
    The RTD thing is one thing to work on. But as a parent of a small kid, I can tell you that it's just not a great solution for families. To drive to a park and ride and park, then lug all of our gear to the bus stop (including the gear of my kiddo because she can't carry it all), load on a bus, then get off the bus at Eldora and head to the lodge to gear up, it's just not very likely for some. It's just one piece of the puzzle.

Actively partnering with municipalities for carpool opportunities is another piece. And not just in Boulder, as many travel from Golden, Ward, Jamestown, Ned, etc. Having a Boulder-centric view of Eldora traffic misses a fairly large piece of the puzzle (a piece that is some of the most local and core). Also, they should be looking at parking in Ned, IMO, and shuttling from there. It would help alleviate some pressure from the lots AND have the benefit to the town of people being there and perhaps doing apres or shopping after skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The RTD thing is one thing to work on. But as a parent of a small kid, I can tell you that it's just not a great solution for families. To drive to a park and ride and park, then lug all of our gear to the bus stop (including the gear of my kiddo because she can't carry it all), load on a bus, then get off the bus at Eldora and head to the lodge to gear up, it's just not very likely for some. It's just one piece of the puzzle.

Actively partnering with municipalities for carpool opportunities is another piece. And not just in Boulder, as many travel from Golden, Ward, Jamestown, Ned, etc. Having a Boulder-centric view of Eldora traffic misses a fairly large piece of the puzzle (a piece that is some of the most local and core). Also, they should be looking at parking in Ned, IMO, and shuttling from there. It would help alleviate some pressure from the lots AND have the benefit to the town of people being there and perhaps doing apres or shopping after skiing.
    This needs to be a big piece of it. RTD and carpools don稚 work for many reasons. A basin fills up, they shuttle people up from Keystone, Beck has a remote parking lot with shuttles. The model works. There痴 three roads leading into Ned, work out a parking area where people coming from all directions can conviently park, jump on a shuttle and shoot up to the hill. Once that痴 in place charge all you want whenever you want for the privilege of taking your car all the way up.