Lost ski at Stevens...searching for closure

Where did it go? How the hell does one not find a big ass blue 200cm monoski buried beneath the powdery surface?

Questions I've been asking myself all year. Back in January of this year during a nice dump at Stevens me and my ski became separated. I was patiently waiting in line at 7th Heaven with one foot unclipped per usual then the mob surged forward to get on the chair. I'm guessing I never properly clipped back in as I very, very rarely double eject...and that's exactly what happened heading down through the gladed trees on Cloud 9. Ski submarined, I went tumbling...I got up and did the funky chicken looking for my ski...where the fuck is it? What the hell happened? Ok, start digging...4 hours later...nothing. So I walked down in utter disbelief, but no worries, I'll find it. Went back up a few days later and spent all day probing and digging, still nothing. So I sold myself on the idea of coming back up as the snow slowly melts and retrieving my ski...a ski I built myself, the first ski I built for myself.

As spring turned into summer and the snow painstakingly melted away, I made four day hikes up to the fall zone with the wife and dog in hopes of seeing a big blue custom made monoski sticking up out of what snow was remaining. No Luck. I found lots of other peoples shit though...but not mine.

I probably should have posted this way back when but back then my mind was fixated on the fact that this ski was seriously buried and I'll be the first one to find it. Well, someone found it because it's clearly not up there. Or maybe it's buried in the Lost and Found at Stevens though they tell me "No" every time I ask.

I wanted to share this story with the community not in the hopes of having it returned in case someone here found it, but to put my mind at ease that it's gone and I can just build another one...which I did. Thanks for listening...but there is a finders fee

Scott
    Co-Owner
    White Knuckle Monoskis
    www.whiteknucklemonoskis.comClick image for larger version. 

Name:	wk.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	258936
    " In society, men can't cry, or shouldn't cry. I've been told by people that it's okay to cry but, you know what, it's been used against me. So I don't cry anymore, I just beat people up. It's a lot more fun." Peter Steele Type O Negative

dude, come monoski a day with us at 19BBI@Alpental.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Thanks for the invite F.A.! the dates for the 19BBI fall right in between my Blackcomb trip and MonoPalooza Steamboat...I'll be there...might even be 3 of us!

now where the fuck is my ski?
    " In society, men can't cry, or shouldn't cry. I've been told by people that it's okay to cry but, you know what, it's been used against me. So I don't cry anymore, I just beat people up. It's a lot more fun." Peter Steele Type O Negative

Quote Originally Posted by WK Monoskier View Post
    now where the fuck is my ski?

in france? in 1984?

Just guessing but I bet you sent it flying during your somersault. Or France. In the eighties.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums