Thread: New Touring Ski

New Touring Ski

Looking for a new touring ski; ideally 90-100 underfoot, profile similar to ON3P Kartels, around 178-182 and ideally under 1600g. Current quiver is Black Crows Orb Freebird and Kitten Factory Toors Lite. I ride a Kartel 116 in bounds, and with the mount point and a more relaxed, upright stance I sometimes find myself feeling a bit backseat on the Orbs if I'm not really riding the front of the ski as hard. Looking for something to suit a more upright stance like the Kartels. If anyone knows of any skis like this lemme know! Thanks mags!

Thanks for posting. There are ZERO threads about this subject matter on TGR.

BD Route 95? I have skied the 105 version of the BD Route a couple times (one tour, one at the hill) and it's a very good all around ski. More of a flattish tail maybe than what you want, but BD has 2nds on sale: http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...g.html#start=8

sounds like what op really wants is 120 under foot, two sheets of metal w shifts

praxis rx
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

I honestly would've recommended your other touring ski (Toors Lite)

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I honestly would've recommended your other touring ski (Toors Lite)
    Yeah, those look pretty sweet.