Is the BD Fritschi Scout the right binding

Here's the situation. I have a pair of Scouts laying around and I am trying to decide if I should use them on a touring set-up for my 15 year old son. While this set-up will only be used for touring (he has other skis for inbounds), he is an aggressive skier (competes in Big Mt comps), but is also pretty light (weighs 110 soaking wet). I like the Scouts because they are lighter than most other frame bindings (I don't want to buy a separate tech boot for him), and I already have them, but I also don't want to put him on something that will either pre-release him when he drops cliffs or not release him when needed.

Let me know your thoughts.....

Thanks,
    Devon

Sending cliffs in fritschi scouts sounds sketchy as fuck.

that toe plate on the scout is made of plastic which is why its almost as light as a pin binding

the toe plate is what usually breaks on the FR+ which is the same design as the scout but FR+ uses metal for the toe plate

Scout has a 3-11 DIN which is perfect for a small intermediate skier (I'm guessing they were your wifes? ) but I'm not so sure about your 15 yr old son who skis comps
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I'd say they would be fine if he treats them as fragile touring bindings and keeps the skis on the ground. If he can't do that then I wouldn't tempt fate.

Sis has a Fritchi Scout. It works well, does it's job as advertised, and has a good weight/functionality ratio.
    It is a perfect binding for her. But, it adheres to "Light, cheap, durable- pick two."
    Does he break stuff in general? If so, he will probably break these.
    I think there is a good argument for nut hucking stuff hard enough to break a binding while in the backcountry, but I would guess I am in the minority around here.

exactly ^^ I have 2 sons now grown that are 14 months apart so they would get the same stuff, I got them roller blades

after a year the one kids roller blades are still in great shape the wheels are barely broken-in. All his stuff was always well taken care of and he is less hard on stuff ... he would have probably been ok on the scout

the other kid has cut the brakes off with a hand saw, the wheels are all worn and the bearings are shot, from dragging the wheels as a brake and doing skatepark stunts. In his teens he broke 2 mtb bike frames one of them snapped completely in half, snapped 3 crank spindles ... he would not be ok on a scout
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Sure, tell him not to huck stuff on them.