Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    There is a difference between having that post secondary education comparedd to just going straight out to work and that would be that you know what people with the education are talking about which might be important if you are trying to sell them something really expensive that they don't need

I ended up at research center hanging out with masters and PHD's whom were not snobby about the extra letters but there are many things I just didn't know, a good example was the first time I heard somebody in a group of masters students ask " so when will you defend " WTF is he talking about ... follow along and it becomes apparent

Ironicaly I was always the only one who was retired because i didn't "waste" time in uni
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

University isn't for everyone.

"What I learned in college is that a lot of people go to college"--Robert Zimmerman

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Attachment 259112
    view right now
    Beauty college? Masters or Bachelors??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    There is a difference between having that post secondary education comparedd to just going straight out to work and that would be that you know what people with the education are talking about which might be important if you are trying to sell them something really expensive that they don't need
    https://youtu.be/PAACjJ20-G0?t=57
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    University isn't for everyone.

true but you don't want to be a beauty school dropout
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Fewer and fewer kids are even bothering to get their drivers licenses. Give it 20 years and more will be sans personal cars than car owners.
    I doubt I will ever fully retire. By then I hope Im only dealing in investment grade autos.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Chief Justice John Roberts gave this advice during a commencement speech at his kid's middle school graduation. Pretty good points for parents to keep in mind IMO...

Now the commencement speakers will typically also wish you good luck and extend good wishes to you. I will not do that, and I’ll tell you why. From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly, so that you will come to know the value of justice. I hope that you will suffer betrayal because that will teach you the importance of loyalty. Sorry to say, but I hope you will be lonely from time to time so that you don’t take friends for granted. I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either. And when you lose, as you will from time to time, I hope every now and then, your opponent will gloat over your failure. It is a way for you to understand the importance of sportsmanship. I hope you’ll be ignored so you know the importance of listening to others, and I hope you will have just enough pain to learn compassion. Whether I wish these things or not, they’re going to happen. And whether you benefit from them or not will depend upon your ability to see the message in your misfortunes.

Too many people define success in their children far too narrowly.

hilarious from roberts

Typical left winger response.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

Chief Justice John Roberts gave this advice:

From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly, so that you will come to know the value of justice.

I hope that you will suffer betrayal because that will teach you the importance of loyalty.

Sorry to say, but I hope you will be lonely from time to time so that you don’t take friends for granted.

I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

And when you lose, as you will from time to time, I hope every now and then, your opponent will gloat over your failure. It is a way for you to understand the importance of sportsmanship.

I hope you’ll be ignored so you know the importance of listening to others, and I hope you will have just enough pain to learn compassion.

Whether I wish these things or not, they’re going to happen. And whether you benefit from them or not will depend upon your ability to see the message in your misfortunes.

Words best visited frequently by all ages, especially by supposed adults.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

roberts is a corporate hack who is helping sell their futures down the river.