Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2095
    Today was pretty fuckin nice
    Sun out most of the time
    Temp @ 0-5F winds at around 20mph
    Utah/Taos quality cold smoke, effortless no drag skiing, even with 3" new on top of yesterday's leftovers. Much wee-wee tingling.
    Lost feeling in left toes about 1100, lines were 10 minutes, so called it a day.
    Never lost feeling in my wee-wee though
    Feeling returned to toes about 1300. Burning stopped about 1500.
    Good times

Puma - who said your wife has to travel? You can come by yourself.

anybody night skiing timberline tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Had some spicy fun today. Main shot off of GW into the Heather runout does not go unless you really like 45 deg turns on blue ice and avy debris. I do not. Skiers right still lots of deep fresh.

Attachment 270808
    Attachment 270809
    Dude, you are my hero. You seriously get on it. Keep up the good work and stoke.

Had some spicy fun today. Main shot off of GW into the Heather runout does not go unless you really like 45 deg turns on blue ice and avy debris. I do not. Skiers right still lots of deep fresh.

Attachment 270808
    Attachment 270809
    here's some older footage of that zone at the start of this head cam footy. yeah usually a nice crust underneath all year, but thought it would be skiing particularly well this week, no?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    here's some older footage of that zone at the start of this head cam footy. yeah usually a nice crust underneath all year, but thought it would be skiing particularly well this week, no?

Dude sweet video! I was hoping for turns like that. Next storm cycle

Definitely would have been good if you were one of the first folks through the gate yesterday. I watched a snowboarder traverse into the chute from skiers right and sideslip most of the way... pushing all the snow down low. I’m sure there were dozens more doing that from the top yesterday and this morning.

There’s still plenty of stuff left out there, and quite a bit that is easily lappable back to HRM. The open faces had formed an annoying breakable crust from the sun but everything in the trees was primo.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Today was pretty fuckin nice
    Sun out most of the time
    Temp @ 0-5F winds at around 20mph
    Utah/Taos quality cold smoke, effortless no drag skiing, even with 3" new on top of yesterday's leftovers. Much wee-wee tingling.
    Lost feeling in left toes about 1100, lines were 10 minutes, so called it a day.
    Never lost feeling in my wee-wee though
    Feeling returned to toes about 1300. Burning stopped about 1500.
    Good times

Puma - who said your wife has to travel? You can come by yourself.
    we will be there both saturday and sunday. it is going to be premiere.

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Dude sweet video! I was hoping for turns like that. Next storm cycle

Definitely would have been good if you were one of the first folks through the gate yesterday. I watched a snowboarder traverse into the chute from skiers right and sideslip most of the way... pushing all the snow down low. I’m sure there were dozens more doing that from the top yesterday and this morning.

There’s still plenty of stuff left out there, and quite a bit that is easily lappable back to HRM. The open faces had formed an annoying breakable crust from the sun but everything in the trees was primo.
    My 10 yr old and I were third and fourth up, after a couple of snowboarders and a ski patroller yesterday, and got first tracks down lookers right, alongside the slid snow. Was blissful, thigh deep awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    My 10 yr old and I were third and fourth up, after a couple of snowboarders and a ski patroller yesterday, and got first tracks down lookers right, alongside the slid snow. Was blissful, thigh deep awesomeness.
    Nice! Pics or it didn't happen.

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Nice! Pics or it didn't happen.
    Hah. I know. Didn't happen, then. We were purt nur awestruck by the experience. First timers on God's Wall, us.

I really wish I would've gotten video of the party of fifteen Japanese tourists doing backflips off the wind drift along Texas Trail, just down from the Vista lift getoff.

Edit:

Shit. I was still in a daze when I wrote that. We were on day five after spending three days in Whitefish and a day skiing cold smoke at Lookout Pass. We were third and fourth on God's Wall after a skier and a patroller. The snowboarders walked up the trail we stomped down for them with our skis. One of them got freaked out and they went down the HRM side, which I have to say looked like a great time, too.

Here's some photo evidence from day three of our three (free) days at Big Mountain:

It snowed about a foot in the two days before we showed up, and we were still getting fresh tracks on our day three. One of the locals was telling me that Presidents Day was one of their busiest days of the year, too.
    Last edited by lucknau; 02-22-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Hah. I know. Didn't happen, then. We were purt nur awestruck by the experience. First timers on God's Wall, us.

I really wish I would've gotten video of the party of fifteen Japanese tourists doing backflips off the wind drift along Texas Trail, just down from the Vista lift getoff.

Edit:

Shit. I was still in a daze when I wrote that. We were on day five after spending three days in Whitefish and a day skiing cold smoke at Lookout Pass. We were third and fourth on God's Wall after a skier and a patroller. The snowboarders walked up the trail we stomped down for them with our skis. One of them got freaked out and they went down the HRM side, which I have to say looked like a great time, too.

Here's some photo evidence from day three of our three (free) days at Big Mountain:

It snowed about a foot in the two days before we showed up, and we were still getting fresh tracks on our day three. One of the locals was telling me that Presidents Day was one of their busiest days of the year, too.
    awesome stuff, lucknau

The mediocre conditions continue. I'm planning to head out for a tour on Saturday, maybe Sunday, if anybody wants to meet up.

Name:  snowForecastGraphic.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  128.3 KB

The mediocre conditions continue. I'm planning to head out for a tour on Saturday, maybe Sunday, if anybody wants to meet up.

Name:  snowForecastGraphic.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  128.3 KB
    Them thar is based on NOAA numbers which still show an epic Sunday. Euro model numbers still showing 2-4 inches on Sunday. And I'm still hoping for more consensus by tonight.

Re: touring. Not geared up yet, but if you end up at the resort, you know where to find me.

All of the following are 3 hour snowfall totals for Sunday 6am-9am.

1. Nam5k model (super granular, but hit and miss just like the others)

2. GFS / NOAA model (where most weather sites get their numbers. showing an inch an hour or more for much of Sunday morning)

3. Euro model (hit and miss just like the others, currently not showing more than a few inches for all of Sunday. It has the big precip area missing MHM to the south)

Is that the bootpack above the T-bar?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Is that the bootpack above the T-bar?
    Yep! We figured out how to get there toward the end of day two, and then did a few laps next morning.

shit is about to get hectic.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Came here for the weather nerdery and was not disappointed.

Seemingly, looks like most models have Hood checked into Pound Town starting Saturday night. Tent your pants accordingly.

It also looks like Bachelor is set to get served with copious amounts poundage. That's my goal for the weekend; maybe Sunday - Monday or Tuesday.

I'm fresh off hitting that storm cycle that gave Jackson its snowiest February on record and had the best run down the Hobacks of my life, so I'm ready for more face shots.

Hey I see my house on the map. Snowflakes everywhere. I need fat skis! Ya'all stay safe out there.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Plenty of fun to be had in the bc. Skin track stoke from yesterday...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190221_142649.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	959.9 KB 
ID:	270978

CS looking nice

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Hey I see my house on the map. Snowflakes everywhere. I need fat skis! Ya'all stay safe out there.
    You and me both. trying my dads lines. longer and a little wider. (92 under foot) sunday is snowboard for sure.

It’s dumping heavy in Welches.......

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post

Name:	20190221_142649.jpg 
Size:	959.9 KB 
ID:	270978
    Outstanding! Quiet on that side.

Name:	Hood.jpg 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	270991

Will be at Bachelor tomorrow, green/black/brown northface jacket, black helmet.

Careful out there folks, 26/35 junction looks bad right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by nacnac58 View Post

Name:	Hood.jpg 
Size:	246.3 KB 
ID:	270991

Will be at Bachelor tomorrow, green/black/brown northface jacket, black helmet.

Careful out there folks, 26/35 junction looks bad right about now.
    It looks gorgeous, there's just jongs on the road.