Page 41 of 84 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2095
    At least one of the 7 vehicles I saw flipped over and/or otherwise yard-saled on the side of the road this weekend was a subi. A majority were 4wd.

Have your folks get a set of snow tires. It's not about getting pulled over. It's about that very small chance that something much worse happens.

From HR County Sheriff's Office:
    19 mins
    Small Avalanche Blocking Hwy. 35 Between Meadows & White River

1 hr
    Highway 35 SB at MP 102 (Powerdale). CLOSED.

Two semi-trucks blocking SB lanes. NB and SB traffic affected. Use alternate routes.

wow

i hope all mags are safe today

Left HRM lot 30 mins ago, 35 south closed as noted above. Be safe out there folks.

That was a friggin deep morning. I landed in HRM at 930 and there was 6” on my car when I left around 1pm.

Sailcat made a stop at MHM on his road trip to BBI. Had a blast skiing with you - catch you in a few days.

Seems that he brings the snow, and also has delicious homegrown tangelos in his pocket.

Avy work on Cone. Never seen that before. Windy, snowing all day. Good pow.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Left HRM lot 30 mins ago, 35 south closed as noted above. Be safe out there folks.

That was a friggin deep morning. I landed in HRM at 930 and there was 6” on my car when I left around 1pm.

Sailcat made a stop at MHM on his road trip to BBI. Had a blast skiing with you - catch you in a few days.

Seems that he brings the snow, and also has delicious homegrown tangelos in his pocket.
    Can verify. We had a 9:00 - 1:00 Session. Main lot was a black diamond. 1 lane plowed to front of lot at 7:55, 2 foot berms and 16-18" in lot, front 1/3 of lot had 9" in it. Took minor shoveling to get out of spot.

Help a jong get unstuck at bottom of access road, Jeep, drove into a 18" drift and high centered. "I have 4 wheel drive, I thought I could make it..." Not with those highway tires pal.

took me about 4 hours to get to hoodoo from Portland. A tow truck spun out and blocked 22, requiring another tow truck

hoodoo claimed 18”, I fell in a tree well, there was nobody there and the backside powder windlips resembled rice patty terraces.

crashed here at loge. not bad but just a tad outside town.

That 18” was more like 30” down along the access road where the cabins are. Our well packed trail was pretty much totally nonexistent by morning and the waste deep post-holing wore me out!

I heard Hoodoo was deep.

I went up to Bach, parked at Sky, and realized I left my boots at home. Derp.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Thanks for the lo viz deepness tour. It was a long drive down the hill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Heard a rumor that two kids were caught in a slide in PR yesterday afternoon but are safe now. Anybody else hear about this?

No, but it doesn't surprise me. Can't believe they opened Ho Chi Minh and Lift Line, about 12:45

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

No word in the blog about avy victims. I’d have thought they’d have published that as part of their deep snow safety warnings.

But they did announce spring passes for MHM. Prices down from last year & they’re including Feb night skiing. Isn’t the hill crowded enough at Spring Break?

I gotta work today since the rest of the week I’m off.

Somebody take pics!!!

Didn't hear about avy victims. If so, Hope they r safe.

No issues on drive up thx for beta; I got it worked out. I think some of those f'ers drive way too fast here thinking their snow tires give them super human powers and turn their wrx into rally rash resulting in some crazy rollovers. People fly here. Granted I've seen much worse ice here in the past. Our local mtn road has a few much worse sections.

MHM was damn good. Of course. 2nd in at ho chi Minh with excellent snow quality in there compared to the rest of the mountain. Bottom of ho chi slid once on what felt like a frozen layer /ground. While waiting, Dudes were getting annoyed and pissed about heather not opening quickly enough... sheesh. Main bowls and trees skiied well early. Not very crowded. PR opened, but I didn't ski it as it wasn't available 15-20 years ago and I was waiting for heather to open.

New commercial diver friend hooked me up with some freshly cooked Dungeness crabs. Props to him for delivering the stoke!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Anyone been using the wifi up at the MHM lodge this year? Has it been reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Anyone been using the wifi up at the MHM lodge this year? Has it been reliable?
    I’ve Used it at the HRM lodge - reliable enough for shooting off some emails from my iphone. Haven’t tried handling more data intensive tasks from a laptop though. I’m assuming/hoping you are planning to “work from home”.

Jack’s Woods was DEEP today. Lots of wind affected snow most places around the mountain, but pretty good snow on the leeward aspects. Yesterday was better

I tried using that wifi to work from home but with no security, I wasn't comfortable with it. Ended up hot spotting phone at main lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to do a car shuttle or two off Santiam pass tomorrow from hoodoo (maybe 500’ of skinning) hit me up.

Low level employee of Mt Bach said he was told today there will soon be an announcement that Snowbird is merging with Powdr Corp.

No idea if true. Couldn’t find anything in news

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	272C4496-5755-4D5B-96EB-1CC510B86B8E.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	579.4 KB 
ID:	269476

Timberline was good today. Pics don’t do it justice... Buzz Cut off Flood and Cut-Off at bottom of Molly’s were amazing. Cut-Off was all pillows.

Who are you mang? I would not be surprised if I rode the chair with you today. I agree about Timberline being pretty good but...

Skibowl!!!!!!! Worth waiting for those upper bowl chairs today.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post

Name:	272C4496-5755-4D5B-96EB-1CC510B86B8E.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	579.4 KB 
ID:	269476

Timberline was good today. Pics don’t do it justice... Buzz Cut off Flood and Cut-Off at bottom of Molly’s were amazing. Cut-Off was all pillows.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Who are you mang? I would not be surprised if I rode the chair with you today. I agree about Timberline being pretty good but...

Skibowl!!!!!!! Worth waiting for those upper bowl chairs today.
    Maybe we rode a chair together... I was all over the ski area today, rode every chair but Pucci in search of fresh lines. I was in a blue Topo print jacket, gray pants.

I’ll be back at T-Line tomorrow, PM me and maybe we can get some turns together.

Name:	F448CC4A-03A6-4D11-A96B-D83ACA3A1787.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	382.0 KB 
ID:	269478

I’ve Used it at the HRM lodge - reliable enough for shooting off some emails from my iphone. Haven’t tried handling more data intensive tasks from a laptop though. I’m assuming/hoping you are planning to “work from home”.

Jack’s Woods was DEEP today. Lots of wind affected snow most places around the mountain, but pretty good snow on the leeward aspects. Yesterday was better
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    I tried using that wifi to work from home but with no security, I wasn't comfortable with it. Ended up hot spotting phone at main lot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I was going to try to login to remote desktop. probably infect everyone that way, but yeah I need to transfer a handful of 5-20 MBs data files at a time.

Also, look at that scooop by TBS

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Low level employee of Mt Bach said he was told today there will soon be an announcement that Snowbird is merging with Powdr Corp.

No idea if true. Couldn’t find anything in news
    Hmm, if they release a pass that comes with AltaBird access then I’ll have to quit my tune about “Flatchelor” ... 90 minute flights from EUG or RDM at 6 AM PST, with the rental car facility being run out of SLC garage puts you in LCC around 940 AM MST (I’ve done this a fair amount and have over 250k Delta miles). A couple of weekend/multiday LCC trips a season and random day tix to the Doo for nukin wind storms will get my steep skiing fix taken care of!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Moar fresh, gettin' sum!