Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2095
    Oh shit, just getting caught up after a hiatus and this news is not so good. Chins up Tap & fam, hope you can move forward without too much sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Thanks Danno. Maybe ac or tbs might know.
    https://www.gofundme.com/tapper-family-support

Thanks, donated.

Somebody should start a thread that we can sticky.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks guys. It’s tough to put that out there. Life is up and down right now but we are taking it one step at a time...
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Oh fucking boy - Mt B is adding ZIP LINING in 2020!!!
    THE ULTIMATE HIGH ALPINE SKY ADVENTURE
    Next year, we are elevating the adventure and taking it to the skies. Soar through the high alpine like never before with the addition of a zip line to Mt. Bachelor’s mountain experience. This dual-line, three-stage tour drops 1,400 vertical feet along the volcano’s slopes to make it the Northwest’s steepest, fastest, and highest-elevation zip adventure.

Ride the wind at your own pace with the zip trolley’s self-controlled braking system and race your friends on two side-by-side lines on each zip span. The multi-stage tour launches from an elevation of 7,800 feet, above the tree line at the top of Pine Marten lift, and allows riders to fly over open bowls, off-piste skiable terrain and Central Oregon's unique volcanic landscape. Visit Mt. Bachelor to feed your need for speed year-round on snow, dirt, water and now coming soon — air!

Ultimate elevated adventure. Can’t f-ing wait. I feel the need... for speed!

What"?! No roller coaster or bumper cars or other carnie shit we all look to the mountains to provide. Sad day.

It would be nice if they let people ride up the lift with skis but that is probably just a pipe dream

Anyone gonna hit the Tline bike park when it opens?
    seems like early setup is for beginners, but they'll grow into more difficult lines

post up a pic or 3 if you go...

https://bikeportland.org/2019/08/06/...day-now-303091

Heard from a guy that the timberline park is mostly just lift served cross country for this year, with plans to expand each season. Seems like there is potential there but maybe not worth shelling out $70 yet?

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Their “season” ticket this year has some freebie days at other hills

I might sign up next year — PDX is such a wasteland for mtb...

or, maybe better to re-commit to hitting Post Canyon more often?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

And, moar trips North.

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    And, moar trips North.
    Good thought!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post

North and east! Check out Sandy Ridge as well. Closer to pdx than timberline. Easy climb up a paved road that gets you to lots of options.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Heard from a guy that the timberline park is mostly just lift served cross country for this year, with plans to expand each season. Seems like there is potential there but maybe not worth shelling out $70 yet?
    Looks like a day lift ticket is currently $36? Actually thinking about going before I move out of OR in September. I'm not much for crazy downhill so this looks doable and mildly fun on my hardtail. Plus, for the claims of biking down Mt. Hood...

Ah yeah sorry for the fake news... I assumed ski lift tickets and mtb were the same cost.

hit the tline bike park with the fam and we all had a good time. The 9 year old had fun but was very concerned about the lack of road gaps. The 6 year old was able to learn some new skills. It is very much bike park light, but I expect them to be able to ramp up the gnar in the future. One of the lower level grunts mentioned the forest service made them shave a bunch of jumps they had in place for the first summer to see how it goes. It's also loose up there which is to be expected for new trails, but I fear break bump city coming into play. If they can get the trails to compress and add some significant features on the higher rated trails, they will do well.

Heading out to Hood River for the weekend of September 21st for a wedding. Any thoughts on whether there will be easily accessible snow on Hood or somewhere nearby for my turns all year? Otherwise I guess I'll have to suck it up and do the annual 15+ mile hike for September skiing here in Utah.

What do you mean by easy? The lifts will be closed 9/21. After Labor Day Timberline closes the rest of Sept. for maintenance.

Hiking up to the top of Palmer is not too bad and maybe easy compared to the 15 miles in Utah thing IDK. It's a long hike uphill in the sand.

If you are making this sort of post you probably need to bring your skis and find out for yourself first hand. Probably regret it if you leave your skis at home and miss out. Maybe it will be the most epic 9/21 skiing of all time and you will be one of a select few to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    Heading out to Hood River for the weekend of September 21st for a wedding. Any thoughts on whether there will be easily accessible snow on Hood or somewhere nearby for my turns all year? Otherwise I guess I'll have to suck it up and do the annual 15+ mile hike for September skiing here in Utah.

ya never know...maybe something sweet blows thru at the end of september
    it's happened before

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    Watch this webcam as the date gets closer. The top of the lift is at 8500ft and the parking lot is at 6k for reference.

https://www.timberlinelodge.com/snow...che=1566394760

For the Avy 1 or Avy 2 interested, Three Sisters Backcountry Huts is opening their scheduling for 19-20 season 9/9 at 8am

threesistersbackcountry.com