Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Dear Santa

Make it happen

Attachment 260228
    you probably already said but what weather forecast is that?

Supposedly the euro mid range model via windy

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Dear Santa

Make it happen

Attachment 260228
    I should be assisting in the success of this with my week long business trip. Go forth and conquer Mags.
    Training for Alpental

Bachelors

Snow. High near 35. South wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tonight

Snow. Low around 25. Southwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Monday

A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Southwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Monday Night

Snow. Low around 27. Breezy, with a southwest wind 18 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Tuesday

Snow. High near 38. Windy, with a southwest wind 31 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 12 to 18 inches possible.

Tuesday Night

Snow. Low around 25. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Wednesday

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Wednesday Night

A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Thursday

A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.

Thursday Night

Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Breezy.

Friday

A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Bachy at least has some hope. One or two degrees colder than expected and you southerly mags could get the goods. Moist goods, but coverage is coverage in mid December

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i bailed. it doesn't appear to be raining but i didn't get back from the airport until after midnight and just don't have it in me.

dear ullr, please let it be decent next weekend. i don't want to wait until mid-january.

Shasta & Ashland shut down this morning from high winds. We need Snowflakes.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

from timberline's facebook page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timberline.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	245.4 KB 
ID:	260264

That’s a sweet shot.

Im afraid Hoodoos gonna lose too much and be forced to close right before the flip the switch party ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    That’s a sweet shot.

Im afraid Hoodoos gonna lose too much and be forced to close right before the flip the switch party ☹️
    There goes my job.

On the bright side if they stay open we can pond skim Lake McFarland 😐

mattig, how wet was it?

It wasnt too wet. Many areas were spring conditions. Less ice than yesterday, but most of yesterday's ice was on Cascade for me.

Zero lift lines all day. Visibility was acceptable up top and a non-issue after a couple hundred feet.

Off-piste skied fine. No ice. Not good snow at all, but fun if you like the challenge of trying to make the most of a sticky situation.

Weather never really got annoying. Rained a tiny bit down low, sleeted a bit half way up, phatty flakes up high, but all of the above in the afternoon.

I wouldn't have paid day ticket prices, but it was worth the diesel.

Fun day and quite the contrast from yesterday’s crowds. Glad I went skiing

dammit!

i mean i'm happy for you, dammit!

Just one ridgeline up from meadows was skiing great @ 6400 ft! 145cm snow depth on NE aspect. Few inches of pseudo slush-pow on top of dense snow. Fast turns all day. Light rain on the way out, but was able to keep the skis on all the way to the car (except for a creek crossing).

Name:	IMG_2159.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	260361

Name:	IMG_2160.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	260360

Skied Red Chair and Outback at Bachelor thru early afternoon. Was a steady drizzle until the upper half of those chairs, at which point it switched to the right kind of precip followed by some gale force fun for the unload.

Coverage seemed to be holding up even with the rain and it skied well above 6500, i found it to be a bit grabby below that, but I need to wax this week. Nothing was getting slushy when i was there.

My daughter was somehow able to navigate the crowds.

Name:	20181216_114033.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	848.9 KB 
ID:	260377

Will be interesting to see how that forecast plays out. Gotta love when they call for 38deg and a foot of snow. Sounds bad for lower elevations, but forecaster discussion says snow level should only rise to 5-6k

Willamette pass was getting hammered with rain on my way back west. Was 50deg all the way up past 4k elevation in AM.

There's a hearty outdoorsmens. Hope the lower elev. resorts survive this weather event.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    It wasnt too wet. Many areas were spring conditions. Less ice than yesterday, but most of yesterday's ice was on Cascade for me.

Zero lift lines all day. Visibility was acceptable up top and a non-issue after a couple hundred feet.

Off-piste skied fine. No ice. Not good snow at all, but fun if you like the challenge of trying to make the most of a sticky situation.

Weather never really got annoying. Rained a tiny bit down low, sleeted a bit half way up, phatty flakes up high, but all of the above in the afternoon.

I wouldn't have paid day ticket prices, but it was worth the diesel.

I unfortunately did buy a day ticket, but i was there with some intermediate friends on vacation. i found the steeper stuff under Meadows Express to ski really well, especially the Bowl 1,2,3 area where there was plenty of nice wintery snow still... even first thing in the morning the 2-3" slurpee layer on top skied pretty darn nicely. Didnt really get rained on either, just a tiny bit of sleet for a few minutes. Good 4-day training camp for Chair 2 Padded Seat season. Fun mountain y'all have out there, hopefully i can make it out again when the whole thing is open and its a midweek pow day!

*coming from the infamous Padded Seats, my perceived range of acceptable/fun conditions is wider than most*

coming from the infamous Padded Seats, my perceived range of acceptable/fun conditions is wider than most*

Like flow says its a matter of perspective

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    coming from the infamous Padded Seats, my perceived range of acceptable/fun conditions is wider than most*

indubitably
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post

Yep. I am going regardless at some point. I may be solo if it's absolutely horrid, but either way, I'll be making turns followed up by micro beers. I have faith there will be some goodness at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Yep. I am going regardless at some point. I may be solo if it's absolutely horrid, but either way, I'll be making turns followed up by micro beers. I have faith there will be some goodness at some point.
    is there a bbi in your future? speaking of which, is there anything tentatively scheduled for oregon in the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    is there a bbi in your future? speaking of which, is there anything tentatively scheduled for oregon in the spring?
    I am actually working in bellevue now, and plan to visit the famous padded seats, but do not think I can swing BBI as it looks like it's presidents day weekend. That will be a long weekend with the family. My trips to Alpental will mostly be night skiing I am guessing.

As for Oregon this spring, nothing that I have heard, but our plan is to be there for Spring Break, it would be great to meet more mags if the schedules align. Something to plan as we get closer I reckon.

You doing BBI?