Page 57 of 84 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2095
    https://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...ion-lodge.html

[^^^Is the logo sideways on the building? NM, new branding of south lodge]

& new 5yr prepaid season pass, limited number
    https://www.skihood.com/resort-servi...oducing-sahale

What's the over / under on the price on that 5-year Sahale pass? Only a couple of worthwhile "perks" in that, but

https://www.skihood.com/resort-servi...old-membership

i dunno
    i hope it's closer to the six hundy they want from me as a multi-season early purchase this next year, but i'm worried it's a bunch more

Oh boy... Not sure more parking is a good for skier volume in the hill. Curious to see what that gold membership costs.

Fuck Meadows. At least tline is putting their money into a bike park, so that people can, oh, I don't know...enjoy the actual mountain instead of some bad Yellowstone Club knock off.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Oh boy... Not sure more parking is a good for skier volume in the hill. Curious to see what that gold membership costs.
    ^^^this is where I am on this development

more parking & more services just means more crowding unless they expand terrain (BELOW TREELINE, since they can't open upper terrain during storms)

sure you can get a seat for lunch, but, if you can't get laps, why would you come up?

i looked hard at Ikon last year knowing MHM prices are going up
    but they're not high enough yet, so they've got me by the balls for the near future

A) it's 250 parking spaces. Given all the antisocial fucks out there, that's 300-400 people max. If we consider that parking availability has not once kept me off the mountain, I wouldn't expect more than an insignificant increase in traffic. In any event, any increase is more than offset by training lifties to own the lift mazes.

B) 650?! You're dreaming AC. They'll want closer to 2k. Cheaper to take out a loan otherwise.

C) I'm sure they know they're numbers better than I do, but I feel like those passes are going to sell out in an hour, or else they're just using 1250 as a carrot. Reassigable once per year? I'd pay 2500 today. Sign me the fuck up

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    A) it's 250 parking spaces. Given all the antisocial fucks out there, that's 300-400 people max. If we consider that parking availability has not once kept me off the mountain, I wouldn't expect more than an insignificant increase in traffic. In any event, any increase is more than offset by training lifties to own the lift mazes.

B) 650?! You're dreaming AC. They'll want closer to 2k. Cheaper to take out a loan otherwise.

C) I'm sure they know they're numbers better than I do, but I feel like those passes are going to sell out in an hour, or else they're just using 1250 as a carrot. Reassigable once per year? I'd pay 2500 today. Sign me the fuck up

I'm not going to pay $1000/yr or more when that's full Ikon
    $2000/yr would be nuts -- it's just MHM...

Its not the Meadows it used to be.

It was cool sending my kids, a few years ago, behind the same, old, wooden, beat up swinging door that I learned behind, but the crowds, parking, and the "Weme to MHM 500" all have me happy to go Bowling.

I think this is just the first of major changes coming to Hoodland with the buyout of Summit and the land development plans in Govy.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I'm not going to pay $1000/yr or more when that's full Ikon
    $2000/yr would be nuts -- it's just MHM...
    Did I miss something? I thought we were talking about a 5 year pass?

Yes, this must be it. You were talking in annual terms. I'm talking about all 5 years. Yeah, I'd never pay more than 2-2.5k for such a thing.

Well, I have had a shit load of fun days at MHM this year and every year, so the crowds/traffic/BS is worth it to me. Yeah things aren't what they were back in the day in many regards. However, it's not like it's I70 bitch thread up there yet, but soon enough I'm sure.

PM if you want to buy my book on MHM lift migration patterns and how to profit. It's pricey but also has a foreword by Hugh Conway and is numbered.

I bet the 5 year pass is more than season x 5 by a healthy margin.

I'd much prefer investment in a lift to replace blue - that drops mid upper elevator so you could traverse to top of shooting star, but maybe that wouldn't really work and would be too wind exposed for storm operation to actually achieve the elevation to get to both Shooting and what MHX delivers

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Next year is $600/season for returning multi-year season pass holders

So, it’s gonna be min $3k for 5, esp if they’re fundraising.

Summer passes aren’t worth much to me. The occasional early ups might be fun. And two free buddy passes?!? That’s chintzy for something that basically doesn’t affect the bottom line. Those free pass peeps likely will buy beer etc. Seems like they could do better.

Don’t get me wrong. I love Meadows, but it’s not on par with the big western resorts as much as I’d like it to be.

Who should they emulate? The terrain is limited obviously.

Speaking of other resorts and this maybe of MHM passholder interest as there is 3 reciprocal days. Made it up to whitefish on the train. Delayed 3 hours getting in (reasonable). Had a great first day in -10 degree weather and the lightest pow ever. Day two they shut chair 1 (upper mountain) down as windchill was -49. Wore some toe warmers and hit the lower mountain. Upper mountain opened back up Sunday with sunny skies and cold weather. Great mountain/terrain and options in town. The elk meatloaf at Tupelo is phenomenal.

There was a significant delay 12+ hours on way out and we rented car and flew out of Missoula next day. Reminds me I need to check on the refund. Amtrak has been pretty ghetto and tried to tell me there was no evidence I was not on the return trip which is highly suspect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4297.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	275433

Name:	IMG_4358.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	275434

Name:	IMG_2498.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	275435

I don’t think it’s a question of emulating another bigger resort. (unless it’s maze mgt...which might be improved)

I agree terrain is limited

Expanding services and ridership into a confined situation doesn’t make sense for improving the guest experience. It may generate more dollars short term, but it’s going to piss people off progressively more.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Who should they emulate? The terrain is limited obviously.

Speaking of other resorts and this maybe of MHM passholder interest as there is 3 reciprocal days. Made it up to whitefish on the train. Delayed 3 hours getting in (reasonable). Had a great first day in -10 degree weather and the lightest pow ever. Day two they shut chair 1 (upper mountain) down as windchill was -49. Wore some toe warmers and hit the lower mountain. Upper mountain opened back up Sunday with sunny skies and cold weather. Great mountain/terrain and options in town. The elk meatloaf at Tupelo is phenomenal.

There was a significant delay 12+ hours on way out and we rented car and flew out of Missoula next day. Reminds me I need to check on the refund. Amtrak has been pretty ghetto and tried to tell me there was no evidence I was not on the return trip which is highly suspect.

Name:	IMG_4297.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	275433

Name:	IMG_4358.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	198.6 KB 
ID:	275434

Name:	IMG_2498.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	301.0 KB 
ID:	275435
    awesome

i used to think i'd make it back to meadows one day but they have priced me out and i rarely have to wait in line at timberline. i guess that's the way it's gonna be.

The gold pass, I guess, will be between $6,000-8,000. It's GOLD Jerry!

Wow, you guys are crazy, or Meadows is. My clients pay an annual membership of about 400 bucks. In half a heartbeat, I'd gladly lock them all in for 5 years for 1500. If Meadows' 5yr is over 3k, fuck em. Doubt they're that stupid though.

MHM is a money grubbing whore. I don't see how it could be less than $4-5k

Am I the only one that understands the challenges of expanding terrain on Hood? It seems like people think (not so much here) that Meadows can just chop new trail and install lifts at will.
    Training for Alpental

If the towers looked like trees.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    MHM is a money grubbing whore. I don't see how it could be less than $4-5k
    Bowing out of the philosophical debate now and will just say it will be interesting to see what 4/1 holds. Hopefully not some epic April fool's joke.

I may just shell out $5k so I can tell people I’m a member of Yellowstone Club, Mt Hood chapter. Hopefully they give me a few stickers to put on my car, and a nice lanyard to hold the gold plated pass so everybody knows I’m special

Is it just me, or does Meadows seem less crowded the last few years? Yes, there is more parking and lots are full earlier, but It doesn’t seem that has translatied to longer lines or more people on the mountain.

Where is everybody? Morning tailgating, dog walking, hiding in their sprinter vans?

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Is it just me, or does Meadows seem less crowded the last few years? Yes, there is more parking and lots are full earlier, but It doesn’t seem that has translatied to longer lines or more people on the mountain.

Where is everybody? Morning tailgating, dog walking, hiding in their sprinter vans?
    It does seem a little less crowded. When did they flip the switch on the off-peak pass? Was this the first year? That may have helped. At least on MX, they seem to have upped their lifty game on peak days. Crispy P for the win.

For the record, I'm with Klauss on loving MHM. It's not always perfect, but it's where I ski. There are ways to work around weekend crowds. 9 out of 10 employees I run into care about my experience. When I've had an issue, they've taken care of it. Morale can be an issue for some employees at times, but if I had to deal with some of the clientele, my morale could suffer too--especially the fucking JONGS that get put in a group of 4 only to hold back at the last minute because they don't want to ride with peeps they don't know. When I see that these days and am within 2 chairs, I'll dash up and hop on their chair. Last weekend I pushed a guy up to rejoin his group after he tried to hang back to get a chair to himself. He was way smaller than me though and didn't look as heavily-armed.

Wow, this was a tangent. I stand by it. Everyone has to do their part to humiliate and educate these sociopaths.