Page 42 of 84 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2095
    Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Moar fresh, gettin' sum!
    Noooooo... my legs are tired. Gotta keep on keeping on I guess. NWAC telemetry shows 12” last 24.

i cannot believe i'm missing the best powder week in years
    i hope you mags are hitting it!!

from the blog yesterday

Oh, it was gotten
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

& it was deep.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Noooooo... my legs are tired. Gotta keep on keeping on I guess. NWAC telemetry shows 12” last 24.
    Went Monday, Tuesday off. Today was sucky traffic, 1/2 full HRM lot @ 8:45, but got 5th row because jongs can't park themselves. Snow was much heavier today, like cream cheese, and lift lines were long.

3rd run, going under Star on a tree line off camber, I jam a quick left turn to dive down the fall line to the right, right ski submarines across the fall line while my body goes down the fall line...2 loud pops out of the right knee.
    Made 7 more runs like an idiot. Icing as we speak. First thing I thought of sitting in the snow was I have nonrefundable hotel reservations and a prepaid lift ticket...I'm making BBI, may not be 100%, fuck!

Went Monday, Tuesday off. Today was sucky traffic, 1/2 full HRM lot @ 8:45, but got 5th row because jongs can't park themselves. Snow was much heavier today, like cream cheese, and lift lines were long.

3rd run, going under Star on a tree line off camber, I jam a quick left turn to dive down the fall line to the right, right ski submarines across the fall line while my body goes down the fall line...2 loud pops out of the right knee.
    Made 7 more runs like an idiot. Icing as we speak. First thing I thought of sitting in the snow was I have nonrefundable hotel reservations and a prepaid lift ticket...I'm making BBI, may not be 100%, fuck!
    Damn dude hope you are ok... sprained my MCL in a similar fall a few years back. Took me a few weeks to recover (fortunately wasn't a tear).

Oh shit, heal up man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Oh, it was gotten
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    & it was deep.
    Way to go, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Oh shit, heal up man!
    x2

No Bueno k2.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Went Monday, Tuesday off. Today was sucky traffic, 1/2 full HRM lot @ 8:45,!
    Thats all the hood river brethren who only ski pow...on tech bindings. Hope the knee thing turns out minor.

i wrote a whole post but the attacher decided to flip all my photos around and i can't remember all my zingers.

here's a couple for the past few days (sorry no action shots): https://imgur.com/a/oPazIil
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    i wrote a whole post but the attacher decided to flip all my photos around and i can't remember all my zingers.

here's a couple for the past few days (sorry no action shots): https://imgur.com/a/oPazIil
    Cannot wait to get over there. If anyone is going to be up there, would be sweet to make some turns. I'll be doing non family style turns, and also family style turns with the wife, an 11 year old, and TBS. HAHA, just kidding TBS, our turns will be non family style, but I'm sure the better half and the young one would love to see ya too!

I also plan to leverage the breweries of central oregon to ease into the evenings. Damn, cannot wait!

Any mags at the Doo today?

I’m not skiing, just on dad duty while mom skis for Valentine’s day ... but from my perch I saw a guy with Praxis skis with custom Bucks Beach graphics (my favorite Praxis graphic), some kind of non-marker frame touring binding and adjustable poles.

Happy Valentine’s all!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hitting the Doo tomorrow; what did mom think of conditions?

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Pretty good, fresh on top of slight crust underneath on the groomed and the bowls got worked pretty hard this morning, and my wife doesn’t go into Crater so no idea how that’s holding up. I was really worried with high temps, heavy rain, runoff and slush on the drive but there was a huge drop in temp between the 126/20 ODOT station and top of Potato Hill. Mid to high 20’s in the Hoodoo lot with pockets of sun between snow flurries. Dry fresh snow on breakable crust on BC / unskied snow, probably more consistent and supportable inbounds.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Good to know; thanks. We’ll be sticking to groomers, just a mellow cruising day; sounds like it’s worth the drive up.

See yall @ the dew.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Good to know; thanks. We’ll be sticking to groomers, just a mellow cruising day; sounds like it’s worth the drive up.
    Oh for sure worth the drive, it’s snowing right now and forecast another 6-10” tonight.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Any mags at the Doo today?

I’m not skiing, just on dad duty while mom skis for Valentine’s day ... but from my perch I saw a guy with Praxis skis with custom Bucks Beach graphics (my favorite Praxis graphic), some kind of non-marker frame touring binding and adjustable poles.

Happy Valentine’s all!

I’m at Hoodoo. On praxis but not that graphic. Will be heading down to ski again in a hour or so. You still around?

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Pretty good, fresh on top of slight crust underneath on the groomed and the bowls got worked pretty hard this morning, and my wife doesn’t go into Crater so no idea how that’s holding up. I was really worried with high temps, heavy rain, runoff and slush on the drive but there was a huge drop in temp between the 126/20 ODOT station and top of Potato Hill. Mid to high 20’s in the Hoodoo lot with pockets of sun between snow flurries. Dry fresh snow on breakable crust on BC / unskied snow, probably more consistent and supportable inbounds.
    It was misting when we got here yesterday. But that crust is mostly buried/skied out now., Face into Gripper was skiing nice before the winds shut down Green.

What’s this Potato Hill station you speak of? Or did you hike or??? Sorry I’m slow and confused....anyhow I know of the snotel Hogg’s pass datalink and of course ODOT. Just wondering if I missed a new one

Name:  20190214_172133.png
Views: 331
Size:  86.7 KB

Heh. I know where (mashed) Potato hill is!!! I was just wondering if there is a new weather station I didn’t know about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2D562F6C-9552-4680-AE50-05B9589DD953.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	269757

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Cannot wait to get over there. If anyone is going to be up there, would be sweet to make some turns. I'll be doing non family style turns, and also family style turns with the wife, an 11 year old, and TBS. HAHA, just kidding TBS, our turns will be non family style, but I'm sure the better half and the young one would love to see ya too!

I also plan to leverage the breweries of central oregon to ease into the evenings. Damn, cannot wait!
    No worries puma. I like skiing with your wife. She tells me about your “shortcomings”
    Just kidding. See ya Sat.