Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Itís gotta be less than a mile from the top of Manzy and I think 400í gain to the summit.then around 1200í down to the turnout just east of the lake. Im pretty sure these numbers are correct but tís been a few years..,

You could also just meadow skip from the parking lot and link up some nice super short sections.

Gotta be aware of marshes and terrain traps though..Huge temp fluctuations and strange snowpack in that area.
    Sounds less interesting 🤪
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Its not too early. My wee one shredded every black and blue run on MHM as a 3 year old.
    never skied there but how i envision the place
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post
    Looking to get some skis mounted around East Portland. Any recommendations?
    https://www.facebook.com/BootsAndMor...11186948786865

Probably be a quicker turn around to call Greg. Solid dude.
    "All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."

Jong question from someone who has never been to MHM before. How close is the heather canyon area to being opened? Does it only need a few more feet of snow, or is it a super rocky area that gets wind scoured and probably wont be open for a few more weeks? Was supposed to meet my buddy at his familys house in Anchorage next week to hang out and check out Alyeska for a day or two, but after the earthquake his family has no water or septic so we called an audible to meet halfway between us at Mt Hood. Never skied anywhere but Tline in the summer so any info or tips are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    never skied there but how i envision the place
    More vertical, steeper, and more snow than skiing in the mid-Atlantic. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Sounds less interesting ��
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	841E1972-4B00-4F3E-B4D6-E9A987A5F802.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	258770

Potato on the left Boars Tooth on the right. There is a cool little chute on the other side of the tooth that goes right to the pull out.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Jong question from someone who has never been to MHM before. How close is the heather canyon area to being opened? Does it only need a few more feet of snow, or is it a super rocky area that gets wind scoured and probably wont be open for a few more weeks? Was supposed to meet my buddy at his familys house in Anchorage next week to hang out and check out Alyeska for a day or two, but after the earthquake his family has no water or septic so we called an audible to meet halfway between us at Mt Hood. Never skied anywhere but Tline in the summer so any info or tips are appreciated.
    I haven't skied there in 20 years (i.e. before the new lift out of Heather was installed and all the area around Private Reserve, etc. was made legal) but it seemed like they would open it when the base was around 60 inches. Also big storms would shut it down for quite a while until all the control work was done, sometimes for a week or more. Maybe it's different now though.

How close is the heather canyon area to being opened?
    Heather is a long, long ways off. It needs a ton of snow to fill in the creek crossings at the bottom. Last year it didn't open until the end of the season.

At Hoodoos SS indoctrination last month I sat with a guy that's skied those lines and he mentioned some terrain traps. I'll see him Sat. at SS and get the low down on perticulars.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

My kid asked me if Heather would be open yet. I yelled at him and laughed at him until he cried--granted, a bit less than my dad yelled at me when I was a kid. It gets better every generation...

Not a heather expert, but would echo that we're a long way off. Check out the location of the heather chair in terms of elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Last year it didn't open until the end of the season.
    i like you

The biggest issue with Heather is the runout. Depending on how much snow there is on the runout to make snow bridges. Last years problem was decent coverage above 5,000-5,500', well below average below that. If memory serves me correct, Heather open around the first of Feb. 5'-6' of base at the lodge is when it usually opens

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    at the risk of appearing an idiot...what link?

[edit]OK, I found it by quoting the original post and it appears in the code of the OP
    it looks like it autoloads in the app, but doesn't appear on the web version

and JHC, that is cool!
    amazing what can be done with personal tech now
    Really awesome video! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Its not too early. My wee one shredded every black and blue run on MHM as a 3 year old.

but yeah it's no crystal mountain

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    More vertical, steeper, and more snow than skiing in the mid-Atlantic. No complaints here.

^^^^perspective, motherfuckers

thank you, thefortrees

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    ^^^^perspective, motherfuckers

thank you, thefortrees
    In fairness, just about any ski region in the world could make the same favorable comparison.

Hoodoo brings the super gnar.

Truth
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

once again, perspective.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Double chairs suck!

(I miss the old green and red- both doubles. That mid-load was old school!)

Thanks for playing with us, Bob

Name:	Image1544161385.409493.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	258862
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Thanks for playing with us, Bob

Name:	Image1544161385.409493.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	258862
    interesting board..is that one of the asymmetrical ones they were demoing at bachelor in the spring?

Yes, the asym fish
    You know what to do

Sweet shot. Itís almost too bad heís holding that edge so well-. A massive rooster tail would be sick!

Has to have enough of a snow bridge to support a cat to get back in there before they open it. 33% of avg snowpack, not happening anytime soon.