Page 59 of 84 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2095
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    I will have my grill & will plan on bringing brats/buns for 10 for Sat lunch. I will have mustard & sliced onions/peppers to go with.
    If someone wants to handle snackable stuff or sides that day...?
    I will bring chips and beer.

Hit up the bowl ASAP. Coverage is good still but spots that like to melt fast are melted. Should be fun until they kick us off the hill this year but we really don't have more than a few more weeks max.

Have fun with the mini. I will get to one eventually. Wife gets her knee op this Friday so I will I need to babysit for a couple days. Still thinking about buying the spring pass though. Bet I could get out there a couple times and make it worth my while.

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    finally checking in here, spring break means i have a little breathing room from grad school, trying to keep up with twentysomethings is exhausting...
    hoping to catch at least a day sliding on snow before back to the grind, spring corn laps desperately needed
    if this mini needs a vino sponsor i might be able to crash the party and provide some libations

sidenote: hows the bowl holding up? outback coverage?

Bringing white chicken chili and probably the same Thai food I did at Alpy. Wife is working on the candy presently. We'll probably be able to feed 15 people or so with the quantities we're preparing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man the view driving up to Hood on good weather days never gets old...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2705.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	275993

Or from mid mountain on good weather nights

Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    I haven't skied Meadows since before the Heather chair went in (which is uber-convenience enough already) but now there's a mid mountain hot chocolate stand with a sign pointing it out even though it's right there?

Horry cwap.
    The hut in the pic is Ski Patrol upper office, The Mazot is down the hill from there. They sell beer.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I got my 50% pass refund today. I couldn't get any intel on Gold Pass pricing.
    Depending on what the surgeon says on the 1st, I may be dumb enuf to make a weekend on flat groomers at Bachelor before I get cut up.
    Any dates set for the BBI bachy mini?
    Did you have pass insurance?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Its good to be king, even for 30 mins.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190326_175954.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	276057
    Name:  20190326_180013.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  247.4 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Looking forward to it. what are our current numbers? Anyone have thoughts on tailgate planning? I am limited in my mobile cooking, but would be happy to make something night before to compliment. I am also good at bringing beer...
    I will have my grill & will plan on bringing brats/buns for 10 for Sat lunch. I will have mustard & sliced onions/peppers to go with.
    If someone wants to handle snackable stuff or sides that day...?
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    i can bring a salad side
    I will bring chips and beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Bringing white chicken chili and probably the same Thai food I did at Alpy. Wife is working on the candy presently. We'll probably be able to feed 15 people or so with the quantities we're preparing.
    headcount for Sat lunch...?
    assuming the west lot in front of red chair

puma (+?)
    acinpdx +1
    flowingalpy + 3 (?)
    mattig + 2 (?)
    k2skier112 +1 (?)

any central OR peeps?
    jonesy
    tbs
    tap
    gepmeow
    toadman
    schralph macchio
    flyoverland captive

MG+2 confirmed.

In other news, how did y'all miss in the Sahale video that they used a slide that said "Goal: raise 2.5m via 1250 memberships." That would seem to suggest a 2k price point. If so, best be quick on the keyboard on Monday morning, and looking out for any early release.

In other news, how did y'all miss in the Sahale video that they used a slide that said "Goal: raise 2.5m via 1250 memberships." That would seem to suggest a 2k price point. If so, best be quick on the keyboard on Monday morning, and looking out for any early release.
    umm, financial guy...that assumes each 5 yr pass is free and the cash goes straight to their development cost nest egg

i'm ok with that...just saying

Might win me back for 5 years for 2k. I doubt the deal will be that good tho.
    MG+2 confirmed.

Bring a whiteboard to BBI and I will explain time value of money to you. Very little about the 5yr pass costs them a dime more than 5yrs worth of season passes (albeit at a slight discount). There's tremendous value in having 5 years of cash flows upfront.

If they bring in the 2.5 million as stated, they significantly lower their upfront debt servicing cost (which would be about 150k/yr on that 2.5m). Granted, they would lose more than 150k a year on the price difference between a regular season pass and the interpolated annual cost in the Sahale pass, but by the time you account for actuarial considerations (i.e. would all of these people buy a season pass every year for the next 5 years?), seasonal variations (we didn't buy a pass in 15/16 due to the 14/15 winter of grass), and the very high likelihood of what will at least be an economic contraction if not an outright recession during that 5yr window (fewer people buy the full pass in a recession), they're DEEP into the black on this deal. And that's BEFORE adding in any additional revenue that the upgraded facilities and parking will generate.

2k is not only implied in their literature, but would be a no-brainer from a "financial guy" standpoint, which is exactly why my very first reaction, verbatim, was "They'll want closer to 2k. Cheaper to take out a loan otherwise."

If it does indeed end up being 2k, you will owe me something... I'll have to think about what that would be... A framed award would be a good start. Boy I can't wait for 4/1!

I'm out. The boy has plans and my ortho appt is Monday

Bring a whiteboard to BBI and I will explain time value of money to you. Very little about the 5yr pass costs them a dime more than 5yrs worth of season passes (albeit at a slight discount). There's tremendous value in having 5 years of cash flows upfront.

If they bring in the 2.5 million as stated, they significantly lower their upfront debt servicing cost (which would be about 150k/yr on that 2.5m). Granted, they would lose more than 150k a year on the price difference between a regular season pass and the interpolated annual cost in the Sahale pass, but by the time you account for actuarial considerations (i.e. would all of these people buy a season pass every year for the next 5 years?), seasonal variations (we didn't buy a pass in 15/16 due to the 14/15 winter of grass), and the very high likelihood of what will at least be an economic contraction if not an outright recession during that 5yr window (fewer people buy the full pass in a recession), they're DEEP into the black on this deal. And that's BEFORE adding in any additional revenue that the upgraded facilities and parking will generate.

2k is not only implied in their literature, but would be a no-brainer from a "financial guy" standpoint, which is exactly why my very first reaction, verbatim, was "They'll want closer to 2k. Cheaper to take out a loan otherwise."

If it does indeed end up being 2k, you will owe me something... I'll have to think about what that would be... A framed award would be a good start. Boy I can't wait for 4/1!

no way they're going to incentivize with free 5yr passes...i do hope i'm wrong, but just no way in hell...they don't even throw in 3 free buddy passes or a free ski demo with a season pass like they did years ago...they aren't that liquid and need to keep covering existing yearly operational costs

i'd be on a $2k 5y pass like a fly on shit, esp after hiking season pass costs last year, so i'm rooting for your framed award

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    I'm out. The boy has plans and my ortho appt is Monday
    heal up, man...we'll catch you next season

no way they're going to incentivize with free 5yr passes...i do hope i'm wrong, but just no way in hell...they don't even throw in 3 free buddy passes or a free ski demo with a season pass like they did years ago...they aren't that liquid and need to keep covering existing yearly operational costs
    They also don't ask people to pay 5 years upfront.

They'll cover operational costs with all the people who can only afford to pay daily or yearly. Most can't afford to pay 5 years and they know it. If they were thinking along your lines, why would they limit it to 1250 passes? If it was going to pencil out in a more profitable way for them, why not open it up to all comers? (answer: no reason not to do that...)

They also don't ask people to pay 5 years upfront.

They'll cover operational costs with all the people who can only afford to pay daily or yearly. Most can't afford to pay 5 years and they know it. If they were thinking along your lines, why would they limit it to 1250 passes? If it was going to pencil out in a more profitable way for them, why not open it up to all comers? (answer: no reason not to do that...)
    i have no idea...only way I'd pay 5yrs is for a discount or significant benefits

the special features of the pass really are pretty insignificant, so maybe you're right, a discounted pass is the incentive to pay ahead

headcount for Sat lunch...?
    assuming the west lot in front of red chair

puma (+?)
    acinpdx +1
    flowingalpy + 3 (?)
    mattig + 2 (?)
    k2skier112 +1 (?)

any central OR peeps?
    jonesy
    tbs
    tap
    gepmeow
    toadman
    schralph macchio
    flyoverland captive
    gepmeow confirming for Saturday meows

How did your "better" half fair Meow? Not sure about Sunday @ bachelor yet.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by gepmeow View Post
    gepmeow confirming for Saturday meows
    puma +2 adults and +1 child.

I will update with 411 on my 20 when we slide in on Friday night

puma +2 adults and +1 child.
    Two adults? You give Ben too much credit...

TBS will be there. Bringing brauts/buns/beer. No time to make brownies this year. Will roll into Tube Town by 0800

Fun skiing this AM with Gepmeow, Puma and the touron hordes they brought with them. Good snow and crowds were reasonable.

Mattig - I invited Kirby to join us for lunch Saturday.

Put me down at 10%;
    Busy weekend at the pink monkey house.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

Mattig - I invited Kirby to join us for lunch Saturday.
    Oh man, that's so awesome! Thanks for thinking of that. Hope he can make it.

There's so much broth in this batch, no grain of rice will go undoused. Aphrodisiac levels of basil and chili. It's gonna go quick again, I'm afraid. Double batches next year.