Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    PM inbound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Add me to that list
    If you guys ever get down to Santiam Pass we could do some car shuttles off Potato to the lake. A few others expressed interest in the morbid pre-snow thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Where is the video? I don't see it...
    X2

Add me to the list of folks looking for BC partners. Anybody planning to get out this Fri or Sat?

Also, the wife and I signed up a few weeks back for an avalanche rescue refresher course @ Stevens Pass for this Sunday. She has to travel for work now, so she is missing the class, and the registration fee is non-refundable. Anybody interested in taking her spot?

http://www.mountainschool.com/content/main/aiare-avalanche-rescue-course
    Last edited by thefortrees; 12-05-2018 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Wrong link the first time

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Do you youngsters still call it the ramp?
    sure do.

Totally get it. People ruin everything and social media as only hastened it, especially in regions that are experiencing insane growth.

ETA: holler if you want or need a backcountry partner. I have yet to find a group to adventure with locally.
    absolutely and likewise. always enjoy having more people to tour with

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    Where is the video? I don't see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by dongy View Post

Click the link.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post

+ 1 on optimism about the storm but that is a long ways out so we will just have to keep refilling our coffee and see.

^ I'm looking to get out there for more fun b/c adventures this year too. I have my Avy 1 and I like to have fun and be safe.

Hey, I gotta look forward to something while I sit in some soul sucking corporate dental training. Why not get a chubby and post about on teh TGRz instead of paying atenttion?

^^^

If you guys ever get down to Santiam Pass we could do some car shuttles off Potato to the lake. A few others expressed interest in the morbid pre-snow thread.

X2
    Hell yah down for that. After, we can get after some face-meltingly good tacos and burritos as Casa Burrito in Monmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Add me to the list of folks looking for BC partners. Anybody planning to get out this Fri or Sat?

Also, the wife and I signed up a few weeks back for an avalanche rescue refresher course @ Stevens Pass for this Sunday. She has to travel for work now, so she is missing the class, and the registration fee is non-refundable. Anybody interested in taking her spot?

http://www.mountainschool.com/content/main/aiare-avalanche-rescue-course
    Not Friday. Saturday, maybe? But might try get out on the dirty bike for some muddy, braaaapy fun. Sunday, though...

Are you day-tripping it to Stevens? Any pre-reqs or pre-work for the course? I could use a refresher.

Quote Originally Posted by dongy View Post

absolutely and likewise. always enjoy having more people to tour with
    YES!

Are you day-tripping it to Stevens? Any pre-reqs or pre-work for the course? I could use a refresher.!
    No pre reqs for the course. AIARE recommends taking this every 2 years. Most likely a day trip to Stevens, but will make that decision based on where I ski Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Click the link.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    at the risk of appearing an idiot...what link?

[edit]OK, I found it by quoting the original post and it appears in the code of the OP
    it looks like it autoloads in the app, but doesn't appear on the web version

and JHC, that is cool!
    amazing what can be done with personal tech now

Wow. Sick video!! Thanks for figuring that out AC.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    No pre reqs for the course. AIARE recommends taking this every 2 years. Most likely a day trip to Stevens, but will make that decision based on where I ski Saturday.
    Just hit the Google machine; looks like 4+ hours from either PDX or Hood River, one way. That's a gnarly day trip.

Solid offer Fortress-> Maybe post it in the padded seats thread?

Name:  47199099_10158000814704148_9204235341916012544.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  72.6 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Looking to get some skis mounted around East Portland. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post
    The Mountain Shop or Hillcrest Ski/sport

Thanks, i'll check them out.

^^^

If you guys ever get down to Santiam Pass we could do some car shuttles off Potato to the lake.
    This sounds interesting for sure
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Willamette Pass was fun last weekend and is opening officially on Friday.
    Lower mountain only; $30 reduced price tix
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4844.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	714.3 KB 
ID:	258725

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    This sounds interesting for sure
    It’s gotta be less than a mile from the top of Manzy and I think 400’ gain to the summit.then around 1200’ down to the turnout just east of the lake. Im pretty sure these numbers are correct but t’s been a few years..,

You could also just meadow skip from the parking lot and link up some nice super short sections.

Gotta be aware of marshes and terrain traps though..Huge temp fluctuations and strange snowpack in that area.

Looking forward to Willamette opening. Worked there early 80s. Definitely hit it later this season.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

It’s gotta be less than a mile from the top of Manzy and I think 400’ gain to the summit.then around 1200’ down to the turnout just east of the lake. Im pretty sure these numbers are correct but t’s been a few years..,

You could also just meadow skip from the parking lot and link up some nice super short sections.

Gotta be aware of marshes and terrain traps though..Huge temp fluctuations and strange snowpack in that area.
    Sounds less interesting 🤪
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Jupski View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/BootsAndMor...11186948786865

Probably be a quicker turn around to call Greg. Solid dude.
    Training for Alpental

Jong question from someone who has never been to MHM before. How close is the heather canyon area to being opened? Does it only need a few more feet of snow, or is it a super rocky area that gets wind scoured and probably wont be open for a few more weeks? Was supposed to meet my buddy at his familys house in Anchorage next week to hang out and check out Alyeska for a day or two, but after the earthquake his family has no water or septic so we called an audible to meet halfway between us at Mt Hood. Never skied anywhere but Tline in the summer so any info or tips are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Sounds less interesting ��
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	841E1972-4B00-4F3E-B4D6-E9A987A5F802.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	258770

Potato on the left Boars Tooth on the right. There is a cool little chute on the other side of the tooth that goes right to the pull out.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How close is the heather canyon area to being opened?
    Heather is a long, long ways off. It needs a ton of snow to fill in the creek crossings at the bottom. Last year it didn't open until the end of the season.

At Hoodoos SS indoctrination last month I sat with a guy that's skied those lines and he mentioned some terrain traps. I'll see him Sat. at SS and get the low down on perticulars.

My kid asked me if Heather would be open yet. I yelled at him and laughed at him until he cried--granted, a bit less than my dad yelled at me when I was a kid. It gets better every generation...

Not a heather expert, but would echo that we're a long way off. Check out the location of the heather chair in terms of elevation.