Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    looks awesome

where is that?
    the neighbor to the Three Sisters, obviously not bachy, that other guy.

PM me if you want more specifics on the line. Hope you understand my cryptic-ness. I try and be low key in public forums so it won't be so easy to pop up on a Google search. Forest Service released a report on the huge flood of visitors to Three Sisters Wilderness and it has a strong correlation to Instagram and geo-tagging

We used to call that line the ramp, is there another name?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Cascade just opened up and the snow is holding up well - still lotsa soft and dry stuff around.
    Agreed! Cascade was worth the trip today. Only minor shark encounters.

Hoodoo opens Friday. 17” base is the lowest opening I can ever recall...

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Our guy is three and this will be his first winter on skis. Many have told me it’s too early but he loves the snow and especially sledding,

Thoughts?
    My youngest was 6 when she started, she is 10 now, so a little older. I am pretty sure she thought skiing was code for French fries and cocoa for the first few years. Needless to say, not a lot of skiing when she went but we always had fun and it was good exercise for her fine motor skills, core strength, and confidence.

If I could recommend anything to maximize time on the snow it would be good mittens and hand warmers, and splurge for lessons if you want a few hours of actual skiing.

6 days his first season starting at 2 1/2. has loved every minute from the very first day except for one meltdown during his third season.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Sick!
    Call a doctor?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by dongy View Post
    That's what I was thinking from the video when I was trying to identify surroundings, looked like a glimpse of some sisters in there. Also guessing you need a sled to make it happen?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

palmer and magic mile are weather permitting

It obvious but I respect not blowing up the spot.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Interlopers.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    That's what I was thinking from the video when I was trying to identify surroundings, looked like a glimpse of some sisters in there. Also guessing you need a sled to make it happen?

A sled is pretty much "necessary". I say that in quotes because there are a few badasses that make the whole journey on foot, but it's looooong. A sled cuts out about 6 or 7 miles of access via road. Maybe a little less than that if you skin because you cut out of the road and make a more direct route.

Honestly I hate sleds to death. They're a pain in the ass, loud, and always break. But at this time in my life I'm trying to get on as much terrain as possible and improve my skillset, so I'm using one to facilitate that. Hopefully in my Jeremy Jones days I will have ditched the sled long ago.

A sled is pretty much "necessary". I say that in quotes because there are a few badasses that make the whole journey on foot, but it's looooong. A sled cuts out about 6 or 7 miles of access via road. Maybe a little less than that if you skin because you cut out of the road and make a more direct route.

Honestly I hate sleds to death. They're a pain in the ass, loud, and always break. But at this time in my life I'm trying to get on as much terrain as possible and improve my skillset, so I'm using one to facilitate that. Hopefully in my Jeremy Jones days I will have ditched the sled long ago.
    Would a fat e bike work for approaches?

Sent from my moto g(6) using TGR Forums mobile app

Honestly I hate sleds to death. They're a pain in the ass, loud, and always break.
    I don't hate sleds by any means, I just don't really have access to one. Actually would love to get one due to the amount of terrain it would open up for me. I'm all about getting as many turns in as possible, preferably untapped. Where that's at a resort, touring by foot, or a sled if that's what it takes.

In any case, great edit. You video editing is legit.

Hope you understand my cryptic-ness
    Absolutely, not asking for directions there, just what part of the world

i hope you keep posting your adventures

I don't hate sleds by any means, I just don't really have access to one. Actually would love to get one due to the amount of terrain it would open up for me. I'm all about getting as many turns in as possible, preferably untapped. Where that's at a resort, touring by foot, or a sled if that's what it takes.

In any case, great edit. You video editing is legit.

Oh I hear ya man the terrain a sled has opened up for me is great. I just have a love hate relationship because 1. I suck at riding them and 2. they're a money pit haha. The new ones look so nice but damn they cost as much a car now!

And thanks for the props I appreciate it!

Do you youngsters still call it the ramp?

PM me if you want more specifics on the line. Hope you understand my cryptic-ness. I try and be low key in public forums so it won't be so easy to pop up on a Google search. Forest Service released a report on the huge flood of visitors to Three Sisters Wilderness and it has a strong correlation to Instagram and geo-tagging
    Totally get it. People ruin everything and social media as only hastened it, especially in regions that are experiencing insane growth.

ETA: holler if you want or need a backcountry partner. I have yet to find a group to adventure with locally.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Interlopers.
    I lulzed

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Our guy is three and this will be his first winter on skis. Many have told me it’s too early but he loves the snow and especially sledding,

Thoughts?
    Its not too early. My wee one shredded every black and blue run on MHM as a 3 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Totally get it. People ruin everything and social media as only hastened it, especially in regions that are experiencing insane growth.

ETA: holler if you want or need a backcountry partner. I have yet to find a group to adventure with locally.
    Add me to that list

magic mile is open only for onload unload. no open terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Add me to that list
    PM inbound.

In other news, it's looking like a nice storm track shaping up for this weekend and next week. Maybe a nice day Saturday and storm skiing Sunday for us weekend warriors?

Where is the video? I don't see it...

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2018/...united-states/

Lol at this list that includes both the Rat and Charlies. Guess I don't have to leave my back yard.

+ 1 on optimism about the storm but that is a long ways out so we will just have to keep refilling our coffee and see.

Palmer lapz up for whoever can get up there in the meantime.

^ I'm looking to get out there for more fun b/c adventures this year too. I have my Avy 1 and I like to have fun and be safe.