Page 32 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Hoodoo today bring an Umbrella.
    Bachelor Sunday looks soggy but doable.
    Monday the best weather.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

One color, one B&W.

Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Back over yonder to the NW, or more due N? With sleds?

We left out of Dutchman...all I can say.
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Little BC mission before the afternoon pre-rain rolled in
    Attachment 265229
    That brontosaurus looking thing looks fun

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Was thinking about getting to Hoodoo today and/or Bachelor tomorrow or Monday. This morning looks like rain but turning back to snow tonight. Bachelor worth it tomorrow?
    I rolled into the Bachelor lot at 10:30am, and it was a mix of snain at the base. About half way up Pine Marten it was all snow. Around 11am it switched to pretty much all snow, and by about 12 it was dumping heavy wet flakes that got lighter as the day progressed. I did a couple cone laps around 2pm and the snow was thick cream cheese with a light frosting on top. It should be decent tomorrow. NWX and Outback were not spinning. Neither was Cloudchaser. So if the winds are reasonable, then the skiing could be good if they get the lower lifts all spinning.

Hopefully it gets cold enough to dry out and remove the moisture from the wetter snow, without leaving it crusty. Forecast if for temps to continue decreasing overnight, so the snow on top will be light. Just cross the fingers that it keeps falling all night.
    Last edited by Toadman; 01-19-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: weather forecast update
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

^Thanks for the update! We're headed up this AM and looks they should be getting more snow throughout today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1547995128.648718.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	265521
    You know what to do

If you didn't get up to Bachelor early, you were late. What a cluster of jong drivers on Century. I guess it made for some nice fairly uncrowded turns early on. The trees were fantastic and some deep wind drifts were not too shabby either. A bit on the heavy side but still a fun day on the hill.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bachy 1-20-19.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	520.1 KB 
ID:	265596  
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Yeahhh, I was one of the “late” ones. Arrived at the Colorado/Centruy roundabout at. 0740. On a normal day that would put me in a parking spot by 0800

Forty five fucking minutes later I made it to Tetherow, and 90 after that to the Sky lot. Three cars decided to chain up just before the Swampy Lakes turnout and another three right in the middle of the merge at the Lapine turnoff. In each place these narcissistic douchnozzles saw no problem blocking lanes of traffic while they did it.

The reward for my perseverance was skiing shralped out pow by Braille in iced up goggles, surrounded by 25000 of my closest friends.

Glad you had an awesome ski day tbs. I cut line all day at hoodoo. :-)
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Tbs is sprinting to the retirement finish line. Why he doesn't do the dew on hoildays from Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yeahhh, I was one of the “late” ones. Arrived at the Colorado/Centruy roundabout at. 0740. On a normal day that would put me in a parking spot by 0800

Forty five fucking minutes later I made it to Tetherow, and 90 after that to the Sky lot. Three cars decided to chain up just before the Swampy Lakes turnout and another three right in the middle of the merge at the Lapine turnoff. In each place these narcissistic douchnozzles saw no problem blocking lanes of traffic while they did it.

The reward for my perseverance was skiing shralped out pow by Braille in iced up goggles, surrounded by 25000 of my closest friends.
    I left around noonish. There was a cluster of a ticket line, that snaked back about 100 feet. Upon descending East bound before the Sunriver turn off, it looks like there was some sort of cluster that had been cleared. A whole bunch of red dirt strewn about. I suspect some numb nutz driver with 3/4 worn all season touring tires was spinning. The line of cars went all the way past where the snow removal facility is located. I could see people just pissed to be waiting there not moving.

Maybe they need to put in a snow tires and chain control point on holidays when it's snowing? Anyhow, that cluster on Century Drive made for quite a few laps of very short wait times for me. It did take about 40 minutes to get up there, and I hit Century at about 7:15am and pulled into the lot just a bit before 8am. Some dickwad in a Ford F-150 was doing 30mph most of the way. A few brave souls did manage to get around him, but I figured no one else was trying to get jiggy with it, and I just waited until after Sunriver turn off to go by.

Still managed to get up on one of the first ten chairs and had fresh tracks the first 4 runs. Never did head over to Outback, Pine Marten wasn't all that busy until right around noon. That's when I took a Red Chair lap to the Cone.

I give today at Bachy a 3.5* on the Buster snowflake scale. Beat my expectations. That was some deep 6" in places.

Opposite deal at Meadows. It was just starting to get good after lunch, but most everywhere was major dust on crust issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Was tempted to tour tomorrow, but the dust over crust was a bit of a downer today

That and two premature heel ejections from my dynafit binding while skiing...I had my first sensation of tele, and I’d like it to be my last...readjustment incoming

mattig, I did not recognize R...he’s grown a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Was tempted to tour tomorrow, but the dust over crust was a bit of a downer today

That and two premature heel ejections from my dynafit binding while skiing...I had my first sensation of tele, and I’d like it to be my last...readjustment incoming

mattig, I did not recognize R...he’s grown a bunch
    Oh you found him out there, or are you talking about our 14yr old neighbor who was in the camper when you rolled by?

Hey Bob...you like apples?

Name:	Image1548047247.010481.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	265665

How ya like dem apples?
    You know what to do

I saw the mattig rig in all its glory today. I would have molested the side panel but I had a schedule to keep.

I found the conditions shreddable in the afternoon.

Snoblasters has been great at meadows and recommend fro those with green run skill already and in the 1st-5th grade range. The bastards basically just cut the line all day. I got junior out of his program at three and he took me down this nice treed out ice luge and sent it into the trees. We talked about landing zones and such.

18-19 Orygun, The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Oh you found him out there, or are you talking about our 14yr old neighbor who was in the camper when you rolled by?

Ha! I’m not nuts! Kid was sprouting a mustache...also wondered why he didn’t say hi

I walked away thinking he’s not going to fit those ski pants I forgot to bring by

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Yes!!!

Left town at 5:30AM today, the pass over 20 was really slow going... Got to Bend around 9/930...Sat in traffic to Mt. Bachelor for longer...Then decided to pull the plug (a few friends and I have the 4 day passes) for another day and ended up driving over to Willamette Pass instead. Still had a pretty rad afternoon though!

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Holy crap, Lil shredder sent that deep! No fear in that Padawan. Props!

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Hey Bob...you like apples?

Name:	Image1548047247.010481.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	265665

How ya like dem apples?
    I appreciate your empathy.
    What time did you leave town yesterday? Guessing you didn’t RV it overnight then take inter-lodge shuttle to SRX

Wtf is up with Meadows parking? Rolled in at 2 and were told to park in HRM when there were easily well over 100 open spaces in main lot. Trying not to be annoyed and hoping there’s some sort of logical reasoning...

No it's not logical. But I will say that the hover patrol starting around 2pm is annoying AF. No, I'm not going to have my camper packed up and gone in 30 seconds. Keep driving, and please don't park in the middle of a lane too narrow for me to get by with your turn signal on waiting for a spot that people probably won't give up for 5 minutes just to spite your impatient sociopathic ass.

P. S. Just tell them you're picking up a bud in front of main Lodge and then get your hover on. Just don't ask a guy in a red truck and white camper if he's leaving, because I might end up on the news.