Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    But, I had a buddy who was a lawyer and he talked me out of it. Told me about what his early law career was like and that it wasn't worth it. He's a real estate agent now, I think. It turned out for the best cause I would have come out of law school in 2009 or 2010, right when the bottom fell out of the law jobs market.
    My cohort. It was slim pickings there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    so really no excuse to ski a day with us at 19BBI
    Hopefully this year. Wife is talking big plans for vacation this winter with my oldest leaving for college this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    county, state or fed?
    State
    Quote Originally Posted by GeezerSteve View Post
    Danno and Cravenmorhead, you have opportunities and/or plans to move out to a flexible private sector gig? I recently ran into an ex-govt land use jock with a sweet low overhead home-based practice.
    Not really. I like my job as far as jobs go, and I'm a public interest kind of guy, don't want to be in private practice. Plus I have a 7yo, so I'm not looking for a semi retirement gig anytime soon. The pension is a big part of my retirement plan, but I need many more years of service.

Things could change, though, because I would like to move to a small town far away from the city.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

I wish I'd listened sooner to the pile of Firefighters who told me it was the best job in the world. 4 days off a week, ok pay with plenty of opportunity for OT, interesting work and when you get off shift somebody else is ding your job so you don't have to take it home with you. Plenty of opportunity in Mountain towns.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Dabbled with the idea of trying to "do what you love" and eventually decided that instead I'd follow a path that made me enough money to be comfortable but also emphasized flexibility above all else, so I'd have time to pursue my passions (i.e. go ski, mtb and golf a bunch). Do I wish I could get out more than I do? Sure, although that probably has more to do with family life than work life.

There was definitely some luck involved - there always is.
    Not that I have much credibility these days... but.. this is spot on.

Quiver of one is only a dream.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Not that I have much credibility these days... but.. this is spot on.

Quiver of one is only a dream.
    It's hard to make a living doing what you love, posting pictures of your balls.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's hard to make a living doing what you love, posting pictures of your balls.
    Yet In contrast, plenty of women make a killing on tit pics.

I donít get it.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Have we heard from any part time dentists?

Most of you all seem like professional careerist types, even if there's a heart of true dirtbag in there somewhere.
    As a counterpoint, let me just say that :

I FUCKING HATE MY JOB. WITH A PASSION.

And what's funny or sad or maybe especially just to the point is that it's really not about the actual job itself. I've done a bunch of different crap over the last twenty years and i've got to say that, basically it all sucks donkey balls.

I did have a short stint of trying to make my passion pay (tried to get into ski and Mtb guiding) , but found out i just wasn't skilled enough to actually get anyone to pay me for it. Or make any real money if i could actually get a job.

More to the point though, i then pursued a number of different vocations/jobs and have got to say that i i've found that i just fucking hate WORK more than anything else. If i have to be productive and held accountable to someone else for my time then the whole enterprise pretty much goes down the shitter in short order. Occasionally i've started down a new vocational (won't call it a career path for decency's sake) and found it fun/interesting/stimulating for some short amount of time but soon
    enough . . . "fuck all that, time to start looking for a new gig" starts creeping into the noggin.
    I don't know for the life of me how some folks go their whole lives working pretty much the same goddamn job. Or how or why they ever give a fuck for anything they do for money.
    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be an ass. -- skizix

And yes i've got issues, haha.
    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be an ass. -- skizix