SLC bootfitter with Grilamid experience?

Going to be spending a couple of weeks over Xmas and new year in SLC. Can anyone recommend a good bootfitter with Grilamid experience? Need to get a pair of salomon MTN touring boots fitted and probably also some custom footbeds as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Give OC at Inkline a call.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Give OC at Inkline a call.
    Eh, pass. I got a pair of boots from him a couple years ago. Didn't turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    Eh, pass. I got a pair of boots from him a couple years ago. Didn't turn out well.

One of the few, if any, complaints I've heard. Maybe sportsloft? They do a bit of touring so I'd imagine they can work grilamid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    One of the few, if any, complaints I've heard. Maybe sportsloft? They do a bit of touring so I'd imagine they can work grilamid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Sports Loft will do a great job, pricey yes.

second sport loft, heard great things about inkline but did not had a good experience as well!

Chris at inkline will always get my $. Sport loft wil take care of you but your gonna pay. If I had to give my hard earned american pesos to someone other than OC itd probably be deep powder house
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Hard to to imagine a bootshop not experienced with grilimid at this point. It’s heavily used by pretty much every manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Chris at inkline will always get my $. Sport loft wil take care of you but your gonna pay. If I had to give my hard earned american pesos to someone other than OC itd probably be deep powder house
    Zo no longer at DPH, Colby at the Motherlode is good. Problem with DPH and Motherlode is you never know who is going to be working.

There's nothing terribly difficult about working with a Grilamid shell that an experienced bootfitter can't figure out - you just don't use as much heat and you normally can't grind because the shells are thinner. The MTN Lab/S/Lab MTN gives you a pretty obvious visual clue (it turns shiny on the surface when it's getting too hot). A few ultralight boots require a very light touch, but the MTN is not one of them. Typically on width punches the open scaffo of the MTN will drop lower and you have to go back later and push it back into position.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Problem with DPH and Motherlode is you never know who is going to be working.
    This is true with every shop.

Can you call for an apointment?

I e-mailed Intuition from Japan, told em I would be in Vancover on a 7hr layover, they confirmed, RT in got it done RT back to the airport in 4.5 hrs
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I live in SLC and have always had Surefoot in Park City do mine, work has always been excellent. For me it's worth the drive over, I just arrange something else to do while I'm there to double up on the trips. It's only 30min drive.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    This is true with every shop.
    Except Sports Loft.

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    I live in SLC and have always had Surefoot in Park City do mine, work has always been excellent. For me it's worth the drive over, I just arrange something else to do while I'm there to double up on the trips. It's only 30min drive.
    Park city is definitely a possibility as well. Will have a car with me during my trip. Thanks to all for the recs!