Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Iím also pretty stoked with the mtnís. Several big days, great function. They feel solid. Inly gripes are the silly plastic clips for ski crampon use, must improve. Also, ramp angle calls for a tiny toe shim.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

185, 5í11Ē, menís spring.

Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Iím also pretty stoked with the mtnís. Several big days, great function. They feel solid. Inly gripes are the silly plastic clips for ski crampon use, must improve. Also, ramp angle calls for a tiny toe shim.

Ramp angle is what pushed me to alpinist but a small shim would easily help.

So I keep asking myself why I haven't considered the Plum Pika. It looks to be a flippy lifter evolution of the Guide. Ramp angle is easily correctable with toe shims.

Interestingly, the "Binding Finder" dialog on the Plum site directs me to the Guides. Maybe they know something I don't

[edit] so I called up skimo.co today and the guy I spoke with was so "blonde" in his explanation of the differences between the two that I almost hung up on him. They'll still likely get my business 'coz they do yeoman's work with the resources on their website. I can't hold one lame employee against them.

[edit 2] The Pika has only 1 riser position.

[edit 3] the delta on the Pika is "better". After adding a 9-10 mm toe shim to the Guide, its stack height will still be a few mm lower than a Vipec.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 04-19-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I've skied Raider 12s with the toe adjusting plate for 10-ish days this year. Really like how they ski compared to Ions, probably because a bit lower stack and less ramp. And they weigh a bit less. And no icing so far.

However; according to the skimo-chart the RT 2.0 is lighter and have the ramp I'm looking for - without shimming. And even lower stack.

What's the difference between the Raider 12 and the RT 2.0?
    It seems like the RT has the same toe, but a less complicated / lower heel? On ATKs website it says the RT is sold with the R01 plate. Is the measurements on skimo with or without the plate?

So at the end of the day, I got nervous and took the safe route with a pair of Plum Guide 12's. I shimmed the toes with some UHMW (a touch under 5/16" which netted out to 8.25mm).

This puts the delta at 1mm less/better than my Vipecs (11mm for the Vipecs and 10mm for the Guides), with the stack height being about 3mm less than the Vipecs which feel fine to me.

Stay tuned for how they ski, although the skis they're mounted to (Praxis EXPs) are so different from anything else I own that I doubt I'll be able to say anything definitive.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music