Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 90 of 90
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    408

    Chinese Goggles on Amazon

    I would love if someone would do a myth busters style test. Take an expensive pair and a knockoff pair - and shoot them with various caliber rounds to see how protective they actually are. Ryanf9 had a YouTube comparo on cheap vs name-brand helmets - it was eye opening for sure

    https://youtu.be/eBnioxhXkFA

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    the Can-Utardia / LMCC VT
    Posts
    10,783
    Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    I would love if someone would do a myth busters style test. Take an expensive pair and a knockoff pair - and shoot them with various caliber rounds to see how protective they actually are. Ryanf9 had a YouTube comparo on cheap vs name-brand helmets - it was eye opening for sure

    https://youtu.be/eBnioxhXkFA
    Ya, but...

    Those knockoff helmets are total garbage. I'd love to know the difference between my $100 LS2 trigger helmet and, say, an Arai or Shoei

    Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,400
    Got mine yesterday...first impressions would be impressive for a more expensive goggle, for $25 this is a no-brainer unless the Chinese have put some sort of mind-melt device in them. Build seems solid, lens is clean and true. Mount is secure, it would take a significant amount of force to knock the lens loose from the magnets but it's relatively easy to take off/put back on when you want to. Frame is a bit big but so is my head and they mate well with my Pret Cynic helmet. Should have got a lighter lens, I went with the 15% Blue and can tell it's only going to be good on very bright days so I ordered the 60% Light Blue. Hopefully going to check them out on the hill tomorrow, we'll see how that goes.
    If you shoot me in your dream you better wake up and apologize.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    the Can-Utardia / LMCC VT
    Posts
    10,783
    Anyone find a discount code on replacement lens?

    Also, this thread and my subsequent purchase of no-name knock-offs reminds Me Of the Geico commercial where the guy starts to act like his dad after buying a house. That's me now.

    I'm hoping a black magic marker to fill in the gogglemaster branding on the strap will save my streetkred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Anyone find a discount code on replacement lens?

    Also, this thread and my subsequent purchase of no-name knock-offs reminds Me Of the Geico commercial where the guy starts to act like his dad after buying a house. That's me now.

    I'm hoping a black magic marker to fill in the gogglemaster branding on the strap will save my streetkred.
    I'm going with duct tape...much classier.
    If you shoot me in your dream you better wake up and apologize.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I'm hoping a black magic marker to fill in the gogglemaster branding on the strap will save my streetkred.

    DAMN, I was hoping it would give me streetkred. Guess I'll have to re-read the rules. Den

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    58
    No discount codes for lenses that I've seen. There is one on the Outdoor Master web site, but it only brings the price in line with Amazon. I'll probably just order another pair of goggles to get an extra lens. Unfortunately, I cant get a yellow lens that way - not offered.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    226
    Anyone have a new code? GOGGLESPRO doesn't seem to be working for me now.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,519
    Has anyone test the ZIONOR x4 lenses in the frame? Because their light orange looks great and is priced right. It has 1 less magnetic attachment point, but if everything else is the same, shouldn't it still work?

    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Anyone have a new code? GOGGLESPRO doesn't seem to be working for me now.

    Damn, guess we blew it up. It still says it works in the description, but it doesn't work in the cart.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,400
    Skied with mine today and can't say anything really bad about them yet. Not exactly a challenging day for a goggle though. Super bright, warm and terrain was the front side. The lens was sharp and clear and they're really comfortable but a bit on the warm side, not sure about ventilation. Looking forward to seeing how they do under more challenging conditions.
    If you shoot me in your dream you better wake up and apologize.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    470
    Skied with mine today too; I think I had the 15%. Seemed solid for partly sunny/partly cloudy day.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    19,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Skied with mine today and can't say anything really bad about them yet. Not exactly a challenging day for a goggle though. Super bright, warm and terrain was the front side. The lens was sharp and clear and they're really comfortable but a bit on the warm side, not sure about ventilation. Looking forward to seeing how they do under more challenging conditions.
    Same here!
    It would be nice if there were some vent holes in the top of the lens like other googles usually have. I suppose since it's just magnetized on, you could always pop it off and shake it out and pop it back on.
    Seemed like it may have wanted to fog if I breathed to hard into my collar. That's kinda every goggle though.

    Getting used to the wider field of view is nice. Really want a light orange lens, though. Who's gonna guinea pig the Zionor X4 lenses? You can always return them.
    No longer stuck.

    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where everything's a dollar
    Posts
    2,400
    FYI I got the 60% Light Blue lens today and it's distorted so badly over the left eye I can't use it. Going back for replacement, we'll see how the next one is.
    If you shoot me in your dream you better wake up and apologize.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    58
    I had a distortion in my first pair. Amazon delivered the replacement in less than 24 hours!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    273
    I decided what could go wrong for $20 and free returns via prime. They seem legit. Doesn’t surprise me that there are some manufacturing problems but the ones I got have perfect optics. For $20 they’re a score. If code still worked I’d order more.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •