Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearNachos21 View Post
    Want to pick up a pair of the victgoal's to replace my pretty old goggles, is the only way to get silver/red from their website? Says $35 instead of $20 on amazon. Is there a place to get spare lenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They had a bunch of options on Amazon a few weeks ago, must be selling out.

Ordered the Victgoal with red lens off their website yesterday. Couple hours later got a text saying the red was not in stock at their US warehouse and asking did I want to change to green or wait for red to be shipped from China, 10-15 days. I said I'd wait.

Any more Amazon coupon codes? Kids need new goggles.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    It's been a long time since the last OM sale.

Two options; Use Code: AWQTIQVO for 50% off the current price. (About $20-30 a pair)
    I particularly like this lens: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z35WM4X (Great for anything other than super-bright down to quite low light. I've used them on full sun days without any real issue - though they're a little too bright.)

Or, Walmart evidently has just lenses on sale for ~$13 ea. (Though not that 24% VLT lens - but they do have yellow, green and clear.)
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/OutdoorMa...ices/498793446
    (The arrival date is almost a couple of weeks out, so keep that in mind.)
    I think free shipping over $30.

As before, if you want more than one goggle from Amazon, do it all in one order. The coupon probably doesn't work for a second pass.
    And don't wait around, thinking about it. I have no idea how long this will last. The last time was only a day or two.

And FTR, I get nothing from anyone buying (or not) OM goggles. I just think they're very good at even $40-50. At 20-30, they're a pretty insane deal, IMO.

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the Vision Outdoor Masters googles on their website. Had a 20% off coupon, TAKE20. Came with a bonus lens. Went with the Revo Red lens at 45% VLT and the Yellow polarized lens at 75% VLT. Then added a 3rd lens Blue VLT at 60%. I find that I have depth perception issues with darker lenses with low VLT. ( I am partially color blind, so that contributes to wanting more light transmission.) Total cost was $96 with free shipping.

https://outdoormaster.com/collections/goggles
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Just an update after 3 days of use of the Outdoor Masters Vision goggles.

Fit and Finish - Goggle strap is solid and easy to adjust. Fit is good, with a nice soft but firm foam contact point to the face and forehead. The frame on the goggles feels really solid and well constructed. It's not flimsy at all.

Magnetic Lens - Very solid 8 point connection. If you are taking a header or face plant, you might not have to go digging for your lens.

Fogging - The lenses are similar to those of Smith and Oakley in terms of bi-lens design. There's adequate venting and space in the goggles. So air circulation is a non-issue. I did a short hike with the goggles on, and had zero fogging of the lenses. First day using them the air temp was in the high 20's and no issues. Last time I used the temps were single digits but windy, and no fogging issues.

Visibility - 75% VLT Yellow polarized lens - I used these in overcast/cloudy conditions and the clarity is really quite good. Where these lenses suffer is in contrast. My first run was in fresh untracked snow. I could not see transitions or pickup minor snow drifts and had a bit of vertigo dropping off a ridge line as I could not distinguish when I went from dropping in to the slope flattening out. However, once the snow had been tracked up a bit, I had no issues. The lenses don't have any distortion issues and field of view is quite good. Just the lower part of the frame with the magnetic contact points is a bit annoying.

60% VLT Blue Lens - This is more of a cloudy/partly sunny lens. It's not necessarily an all around lens, as the lens has no coating to reduce glare when the sun does start to poke out. He does well in partly overcast skies though. Again, it does suffer from abilities to pick up contrast in lower light/shadows. I have a pair of Smith Blue Sensor Mirror lens, and those do a really good job of picking up contrasts in the snow, and do a slightly better job in slightly sunnier conditions. These Blue lenses fall short in that regard, but still fairly decent,

45% VLT Revo Red Lens - Only had these on for one run. They do a good job with sunny conditions. They are a bit too dark IMO for using on cloudy days. So, I don't think this would be a one goggle for both sunny and cloudy days.

Overall, not a bad goggle for the price. If anyone has experience with different lenses and have positive comments on a lens with decent contrast, I would love to know.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Just an update after 3 days of use of the Outdoor Masters Vision goggles. .........

Not a bad goggle for the price. If anyone has experience with different lenses and have positive comments on a lens with decent contrast, I would love to know.
    Got some of these for flat light and fog. I agree with Toadman's assessment as to price, fogging, fit, etc.

Tried the Light Green 80% VLT and did not like the depth perception, contrast or how everything looked red when I took them off. Research said pink is good for flat light so tried the Pink 46% VLT but did not like the contrast, and when the sun came out it was like laser beams in the eyes (to quote a previous poster). The only other option looks like the Yellow 91% VLT. Anybody got experience with these in bad light?
    Gravity Junkie

I bought the OutdoorMaster goggle linked here (pro, knockoff of the M1). FWIW I could instantly tell it was worse than my old Smith Vice, the field of vision was significantly hampered and the fit was awkward (bulky). I'm planning to return them, unless anyone in the Seattle area wants to buy them

Looks like some good deals on goggles courtesy of Slickdeals:

Horizon Wide View from $19 to $22.50 w/ code 2SANUEIV
    w/ Magnetic Lens from $18 to $22 w/ code GDPVSO46 + free s/h

I was also seeing the extra 5% from amazon on some models.

I really like those Victgoals I bought. The rose lens pair showed up a few days ago (took at least 3 weeks from China) and I thought it was a good low light lens today at Big Sky.

Strap was not unbranded like my first pair. But it does not say Victgoal, it says Seasuny. Wtf. Not that I give a shit as long as they work, which they appear to.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    Looks like some good deals on goggles courtesy of Slickdeals:

Horizon Wide View from $19 to $22.50 w/ code 2SANUEIV
    w/ Magnetic Lens from $18 to $22 w/ code GDPVSO46 + free s/h

I was also seeing the extra 5% from amazon on some models.

The Horizon Wide lens' don't look compatible w/ the magnetic lens linked below (which appear to be pro - notice notches in upper corners)?

Both are full goggles, 2 different models

If there are googles with wider field of view but the same price and quality point as outdoor masters, I’d be all over them.

Outdoor Masters are really heavy. I regularly grab my 13yr old scratched to shit I/O’s over my Outdoor Masters.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got a few months on the Victgoals and have no complaints. Good vision in flat w/ the red lenses. Nice sunny day performance from the mirror grey lens. No fogging issues on storm days. Maybe they are just a little bigger than I'd like, but field of vision is better than any goggle I've owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Got a few months on the Victgoals and have no complaints. Good vision in flat w/ the red lenses. Nice sunny day performance from the mirror grey lens. No fogging issues on storm days. Maybe they are just a little bigger than I'd like, but field of vision is better than any goggle I've owned.
    Agree. I like the Victgoals. Put my Smiths away for now.

for the victgoals, has anybody been able to buy the lenses seperate? asked them and no answer, don't want to buy 2 pairs just to get the second lens

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearNachos21 View Post
    for the victgoals, has anybody been able to buy the lenses seperate? asked them and no answer, don't want to buy 2 pairs just to get the second lens

A new pair costs $20. How cheap do you think you're going to get a separate lens? Just buy another pair.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    A new pair costs $20. How cheap do you think you're going to get a separate lens? Just buy another pair.
    Simce these are OTG, how far do the come out from the face? Can you see the frame under your eyes? Asking for my gf.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    they're $35 on the website and out on amazon but fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Simce these are OTG, how far do the come out from the face? Can you see the frame under your eyes? Asking for my gf.

I don't wear glasses under them so can't really help too much. Yes I can see the frame under my eyes. They don't seem to stick out much more than my other goggles, but a little. Here is how they compare to Smith Squads if that helps.

Reading through this thread, I see mixed reviews on the Outdoor Masters in low light conditions. Is the consensus that the Victgoal ones are better? I think any goggle can fair well on sunny days but low light days when the wind is howling (enough to make eyes water) is where good goggles really stand out. How are either of these on storm days? The Victgoal only have 2 lense options and 10 reviews with a 4 star average on Amazon vs the OM which have something like 9000, almost 5 star reviews. Which are the better goggles for low light? OMs look a lot better and have more lense options but getting confused by the mixed reviews here.

My opinion, which is sure to be unpopular with some, is that no lens is going to fix shitty flat light.

I've had OM's for at least 5 years, probably more. They're good-enough for my beyond mid-age eyes.
    I think the 80% green/90% yellow or 100% clear lenses do just fine in horrible light.

It's not like it's great, but storm skiing is just going to (usually) suck on the visibility front.
    I simply learn to live with it. The skiing makes it worth it.

So, OM (or whoever) with a good high VLT lens is going to be fine, or as good as it's going to get.
    But make sure you get something with high VLT. A 40% VLT lens isn't going to cut it in horrible storm light.

YMMV.
    And if you believe that "brand X's" lens is awesome in flat light - good for you. I'm glad you found something great! I'd rather save my goggle money for something else.

I have om clears for night skiing. They are fine and a good value but my smiths are nicer optics. They also have a noticeably small field of view. Probably would not buy again erring on finding some nice ones on close out.

Just ordered a pair of OM along with 3 lenses. 2 of the lenses were only $13 and the 3rd was $20 on Amazon so a great price for a mix of VLT.

Looks like Victgoal is the current leader in this market and with vc10 discount code they are under $34 direct from the website.