Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I enjoyed skiing with Chinese magnets on my face this season. Made me smartre, like Professor Xavier.

My lenses seem optically perfect, or damn near (I have good vision). Field of view is way wider than my old Phenoms. Light blue lens's contrast isn't as good as sensor mirror, but again, it's a fraction of the cost.
    No complaints fogging or durability wise. Not even like, well it broke but it's cheap. It seems like they will hold up just like a much more expensive goggle/lens combo.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Bumping because too many cheap goggles to choose from! What's the latest recommendation? How about something that works in flat light?

I got some Outdoor Masters with green lenses last season for fog and flat light. The googles are first rate. Not sure about the optical correctness of the lens, they worked OK in the fog but my eyes did not really like the green color. It just felt weird and everything had a red tint after taking them off after a while. Maybe it's just that I have aging rods and cones in my eyes. Would definitely recommend the goggles but not the green lens.
    Gravity Junkie

I think there was a very detailed write-up on tints out there in the interwebs once that recommended...slightly orange or red tint for flat light? I don't remember for sure, but your comment on green would make sense if that's right. Might need to order a few and test.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I think there was a very detailed write-up on tints out there in the interwebs once that recommended...slightly orange or red tint for flat light? I don't remember for sure, but your comment on green would make sense if that's right. Might need to order a few and test.
    My take is that everyone's eyes are a little different. What some people call their favorite lens for flat light, I find unusable. And vice versa. I think you've just gotta experiment around a bit, at least within the common tints that are preferred for that sort of thing.

A lot of them are the same goggle with different branding, it looks like.
    It would be interesting to try a light orange and see if contrast is really much different from the light blue. My thoughts bend toward not much noticeable difference. I'd be more concerned with the % of tint/vlt vs the actual color. Green probably wouldn't be good, what with all the evergreens everywhere, but that might still not even matter. It's not like they'd be invisible.
    I'm talking noticeable difference here, not science.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Bumping because too many cheap goggles to choose from! What's the latest recommendation? How about something that works in flat light?
    IMO, nothing "works" in flat light. It's kind of like a vastly underexposed photo. There's just not enough "data" there to make anything really useful out of. I've tried green/clear/yellow in very high VLT [80-100% VLT - i.e. low tint - most light passes through the lens.] IMO, you might prefer one vs another, but I don't think any are really any better.

The OM goggles are very good. I think this will be year four on mine.

BTW, If anyone notices a sale like last year [Full goggle for ~$25] please put a post up here. I've got lots of friends who'd love to jump on that wagon again.

-Greg

Zionor light/clear orange coming back in stock for under $25. 77%
    No longer stuck.

Zionor light/clear orange coming back in stock for under $25. 77%
    Link? Not finding that one.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

No longer stuck.

They're killing me with that 16.784511547% VLT [Ok, yeah, they're only giving VLT percents to two decimal places.] But seriously!?! I would be pretty shocked if the lenses were tested with a device capable of measuring VLT to hundredth of a percent. I'd be even more shocked [like have a seizure, shocked] if QC is such that they can reproduce a lens with that level of precision.

Ha!

But thanks for the link.

The pricing puts them right near the same price for lenses as OM. But I do like that 45% VLT orange lens. It hits the sweet-spot for me, most of the time. I already have one from OM, but if I didn't - it's nice that you can get it from Zionor, and that, evidently, the Zionor X4 and Outdoor Master Pro goggles (or lenses) are interchangeable. [Edited to add: Oops, I guess I was mixed up. The lens I like from OM is 24% VLT, not 45%.]

Edit: I contacted Outdoor Master, and they are going to send me a replacement. Actually, they sent me a replacement but it was a lens for the wrong model goggle, so they are going to send a second replacement. They are standing behind their product.

I used the outdoor master goggles with the light green lens last season, and I did encounter one major problem. Water got between the dual lenses and left water spots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3439.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	301636

It doesn't seem like a lot of people have experienced the same problem, so it's possibly just a defective lens. I'm going to contact the company to see if they'll send me a replacement. One advantage to Smith I/O lenses might be the "porex" filter that would allow the lenses to dry faster if water gets between the lenses.

On another note: According to some posts in this thread, it seems like some magnetic lenses like Zionor are interchangeable with Outdoor Master, I found that a lens branded Enkeeo looked similar but did not fit the Outdoor Master Goggles Pro.
    Last edited by jindustry; 11-14-2019 at 09:47 PM.

I've had, I think, a couple of lenses where water penetrated the "sandwich."
    In one case, it was simply fog, in another it was a substantial amount of water.

In both cases, OM was really good about replacing them. In the latest case, it was a lens that was out of stock last spring when it happened. Since it was at the end of ski season, I simply lived with it. [They thought they'd have stock again soon.]

But all summer went by, I checked once or twice, but they never had the lens in stock. [They kept "recommending" that I pick from a lens they did have in stock - but I really wanted this ~24% VLT lens]

About two weeks ago, I checked again, and they did have them in stock. Sent a message via Amazon and in a couple of days they replied saying they'd shipped out a replacement.

A nice surprise is, they shipped a complete goggle, not just the lens. [I'm assuming since they don't sell that particular lens separately, they don't have an easy way to just send me the lens, so they simply send the whole goggle.]

In any case, they've been very good at warranty service - even if they probably have a bit higher problem rate to start vs. Oakley or Anon, etc.

Anyone know if the OM lenses are made at one of the mega factories that make lenses for Oakley, Smith, Bolle, etc? Seems likely they just "re-use" IP from the big boys vs. designing their own product at some small factory.

My OM's have held up. Pretty durable.

Have a pair of Electric EG2s that are beyond scratched, seems from this thread OMs are pretty quality with solid customer service. Going to give these a try this year.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    did I read correctly in this thread that Zionor and OM are the same? I see Zionors have a few more lens options in the middle VLT range which is appealing here in the PNW.

Outdoor master pro are on special again, even cheaper this year.
    Don't stall, one never knows how long the deal will last.
    Also, I'd suggest buying all the quantities you want in one order. Last year the code only worked once or twice - so if you had remorse later and went to buy more, you couldn't.

https://www.amazon.com/OutdoorMaster...s%2C198&sr=8-4

Use code 8NOYDQ7X

Price with code: $18.80

I haven't tried all combinations, but the ones I did try got the discount.
    Finally, it's better to buy two/multiple pairs of complete goggles rather than a separate lens.

Ordered two pair for the wife as she needs otg.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    thanks gregorys... three pair for ~$60 shipped. hard to argue with that.

Wish the code worked on the other model. Tried but, no dice

OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles - Interchangeable Lens with Flat, Cylindrical Style, OTG, Anti-Fog & 100% UV400 Protection - for Men, Women & Youth - Grey Frame + VLT 10% Grey Lenses https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K3TKSHK..._5QX4DbRE2G1AB

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Large face mags- which model zionor/OM do you like? Looking for something comparable to i/ox at least, preferably larger..
    Last edited by leftfield; 12-01-2019 at 05:33 AM.

The ones we've been talking about and using are pretty big
    No longer stuck.

Definitly Not as big as iox

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Definitly Not as big as iox

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Dammit. Ordered one anyway, worth a punt for an emergency set of goggles at $18.80