Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    daught is gettin' after it and warping time!

Thanks for the input all. I snagged a pair of older Strafe Nomads new with tags for $145 shipped!
    Any more in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Any more in stock?
    Unfortunately no, fleabay. They weren't labeled Nomad and I had to poke around a bit to figure out what they were. They are the yellow ones in this video just past 1:50

Thanks again for the input daught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfpZPUysJX0

Should pair well with my Freeride Systems power dry top for tours
    Last edited by 3PinGrin; 12-01-2018 at 08:39 AM.

IMHO the perfect bibs would be made out of polartec powershield like the Patagonia kniferidge with the upper made out of something like the OR ferrosi. Waterproof panels on the ass and knees.

Too bad gellanots is out. It's actually lighter and thinner than the powershield. After so much use the only holes I have in them are from crampons.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

andrew has been wearing these bibs for the past couple yrs and he likes them
    the top/bib part is fairly loose so that helps with venting. orage is hard to find in store in the US though but I have always loved their stuff
    https://www.orage.com/us/gibson-bib

I'm picking up a set of the ladies version- which I am psyched they started manufacturing this yr
    not many ladies bib options out there
    The patagucci ones look nice except only available in diarrhea color or black
    https://www.backcountry.com/patagoni...FudHMtYmlicw==
    skid luxury

Diarrhea color is the shit

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Diarrhea color is the shit
    You're being redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear
    not many ladies bib options out there
    Yes, and I was embarrassed for John when the interviewer asked about women's options in the video I linked above. It sounded like pink it and don't even shrink it, but I'm not sure what a "color story" is, ha.

I like both the bibs you linked. I definitely decided I wanted cross venting though and I don't think either of those have inner zips. Plus I'm a cheap bastard. I do buy a lot of local stuff and don't mind springing more to support the local economy but basically no options here for the features I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    upper made out of something like the OR ferrosi.
    That sounds good and would be a great area for ferrosi fabric....even a vest style upper with that fabric would be nice.

Best gear decision I've ever made was when I sewed the bib from my Dakine Stoker (so comfy, great coverage, tons of pockets) onto my Patagonia Descencionist pants (very breathable, also good pockets, really cool, comfortable material.)

I've tried so many bib and pant options, and all have fallen short in some way compared to these.

But in general, I'll take bibs over pants 90% of ski days, even if the bibs are a little less than optimal. The comfort and storage options are just too good to pass up. Especially touring..

If you run warm, steer clear of the bibs. I can’t imagine having more chest / tit sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I don't like a lot of bib.

Dickies huh? Sick bump

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    If you run warm, steer clear of the bibs. I can’t imagine having more chest / tit sweat.

I run very warm. I ski in bibs without a jacket. Best way to avoid sweating and stay warm.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Outdoor Research x Arcade Carbide Bibs just arrived, and they are just what I needed and was looking for in bibs, loose fit and lightweight. Plus they have Arcade belt material for suspenders. Thanks CovertM!

Funny this got bumped but might as well chime in on the Strafe bibs. The gelanots stuff is great, have only toured in them once when really cold, but they are my everyday bibs on the lifts. I have decided bibs are just too damn hot for touring (for me) unless brutally cold. But removable top mitigates that. Still prefer my Mammut Champs under nearly every condition. Coastal weather would be a different story, I'm sure.

The gelanots material is a bit stretchy, very durable, and still shedding wet snow. Definitely would be nice if more companies used this material, it's my favorite to date for a hardshell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If you're built like me--too much gut, not enough butt--bibs are the better option.
    Actually, there is a third option--high waisted pants, in between bib and pants, with suspenders. Keeps the weather out like a bib without the extra chest material. Not easy to find. Seriously dorky looking if you aren't wearing a jacket.

I am enjoying a pair of Haglofs Elation GTX pants for touring in Hokkaido. On warm, sunny days they don't go out but with so many storm days Hard shells keep me drier. I hate bibs. They are just too hot. There is a Haglofs factory store in Sapporo where I got them half price. They are 2-layer goretex, have side vents, suspenders, and generous crampon patches. The fit is the most comfortable I've ever had in any ski pant. I'm 6' and 180 pounds with a fat ass and tele thighs and I fit the medium perfectly. Soft shells are Fjall Raven Greenland pants. Got em for a song used and have beat the hell out of them for seven years. There are some patched holes and I don't bother to wax them. But they are great when I'm not expecting heavy precip.
    Last edited by telepariah; 10-23-2020 at 07:45 AM.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

bibs vs pants for touring

I have used both and like suspenders to hold them up as I hike. Event breathes really well IMO

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I have long been a fan of suspenders, even wore them in high school. I use them on my touring pants and also a pair of outdoor research pants that were a bit too big in the waist but work great with suspenders. But never wear a belt AND suspenders.

Well alrighty then: suspender recommendations??

the suspenders that come on Arterxy are super minimalist and perfect, I had a buddy sew some loops in a pair of BD sof shells so I could just swap over the Arcterxy suspenders

I gotta have suspenders cuz I'm too skinny for pants to stay up and IME bibs are way too hot for touring
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    My current favorites. I have only been using them since Spring 2020 so can't speak to long term durability, but they seem pretty solid.

https://www.firstlite.com/products/suspenders

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    https://arcadebelts.com/collections/suspenders

In regards to bibs, does anyone have experience with the Cottonwoods gear by the company that shalt not be named? Colorways, cut, gtx pro, and pricepoint have gotten my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian.bee View Post
    I hate those clippy things, much prefer something that inserts through belt loops.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    My current favorites. I have only been using them since Spring 2020 so can't speak to long term durability, but they seem pretty solid.

https://www.firstlite.com/products/suspenders
    Bless you. I hate suspenders with clips but that's all I could find. I've ordered a couple of pairs.

Perhaps it’s already been mentioned but touring with bibs, if you’re a sweaty dude, is a no go. The sweat will accumulate from your chest and belly and drip down to your underwear and you will be skiing with soggy diapers for the rest of the day. Not that I know anything about that...