17/18 Blizzard Cochise 192 mount point

I just got these used, I need to do a remount anyway and am thinking of switching to a different binding while I'm at it and there looks like there might be some hole conflicts which I can work around depending on where I mount them. Looks like previous owner had things mounted at +1cm.

Where did you mount yours and why?

I mounted my 2015 193s at +1cm because I figured they were a lot of ski and the forward mount would make them ski a little shorter.

If I did it again I'd mount them on the line or -1cm because I found the front of the ski really vague when I tried to drive the shovels. I think it was the ski design more than the mount but I'll cast my vote for on or behind the line if you're looking to bend them into carved turns. For slashing, slarving and jump turns a slightly forward mount was good on my old set.

Blizzards mounts are usually pretty spot on. Only Blizzards I didn’t ski on the line were the 193 Gunsmokes and even Blizzard agreed they skied better at +2.

On the line for 193s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I skied my 192s on the Line. Seemed well balanced, didn’t cry out for more tip or feel unbalanced.

Mounted mine +2, love them there. Still plenty of forward drive, but much quicker in more technical terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayCole View Post
    I mounted my 2015 193s at +1cm because I figured they were a lot of ski and the forward mount would make them ski a little shorter.

If I did it again I'd mount them on the line or -1cm because I found the front of the ski really vague when I tried to drive the shovels. I think it was the ski design more than the mount but I'll cast my vote for on or behind the line if you're looking to bend them into carved turns. For slashing, slarving and jump turns a slightly forward mount was good on my old set.
    I was thinking either on the line or -1cm behind, and might have to go more towards -1 due to hole conflicts anyway so I'm wondering how it would feel. For context I'm used to racing on 215cm downhill skis, so 192 doesn't feel like a long ski to me and I like more bending the skis and railing long fast arced turns. But I also don't want any extra instability at speed if going back puts too much tips in front for the ski.

I ski the 192s mounted on the line with no regrets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app