Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Magic Mountain 18/19: We aren't a resort, aren't we

Early opening this Thursday announced today! It must be the first November opening in around 20 years.

https://www.magicmtn.com/

New chairlift, newly remodeled lodge (again), new groomer delivered...it's getting hard to believe this place isn't a 'resort'. See you on Thursday morning!

PTT:

BOOM. GB made the new thread; 'bout time . Can't make it Thursday, will be travelling for work. Go get 'em! I'll be there Saturday early though...

Awesome with the early opening, Magic was looking good before this storm, must be amazing right now.

Great job by all the place looks great. No coincidence with the hard work that gets put in. DoWork was living up to his name last week pick axing frozen ice and ground to weld snow pipe last week when I was hiking up. Keep up the good work! Cant wait for more sick Magic days this year.

Y'all have fun!

Magic Mountain: We aren't not a ski resort.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

haha! Ok, this wins for the best thread title.

jgb@etree Guest
    Should be amazing tomorrow. Trying to head up tomorrow night for sloppy seconds on Friday.

My 9yo has ski'd everything on the hill except for black magic (since the ledges up top are rarely covered with snow). Hopefully he'll get to check that off the list this weekend. Crazy for this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by clubhousebmx View Post
    Awesome with the early opening, Magic was looking good before this storm, must be amazing right now.

Great job by all the place looks great. No coincidence with the hard work that gets put in. DoWork was living up to his name last week pick axing frozen ice and ground to weld snow pipe last week when I was hiking up. Keep up the good work! Cant wait for more sick Magic days this year.
    Nice to see you again!

So who's headed over?? Knee deep everywhere with a thick, frozen base already- 100% open tomorrow including the glades top to bottom! Completely unheard of for Pre-December, and if you don't go forth and shred, Ullr will be VERY displeased you've snubbed his generous gift.

Also in terms of Resort vs. Ski Area, we will always be the latter... Just working towards being a reliable, well cared for and properly functioning one. Opening tubing etc. for Thanksgiving is a huge part of our business plan and I am relieved we were able to pull it off despite a massive shitpile of surprises, emergencies and panics in the process.

Cheers to everybody who has stood by us through all the struggles, better days are here and we will continue to dial this place until it's a well oiled machine top to bottom. Your support has meant the world to us and still does. We have the best community anywhere!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

FKNA DOWORK ...YOU AND MAGIC ROCK.....SUPER JOB AND THANK YOU
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    FKNA DOWORK ...YOU AND MAGIC ROCK.....SUPER JOB AND THANK YOU
    X2

I’ll be over for a few runs tomorrow.

White Saturday as told by RustyGroomer

Congrats you guys! November opening is fantastic. Should see you for a day around Dec 27 (+/- a day).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Never before have I been so bummed about missing the first two days of the season..... but you know what, I’m ok because there isn’t a better place in my world I can think of that that deserves this.
    Kudos to Geoff, Matt and all the countless others behind the scenes! Enjoy it, you have earned it!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Certainly not a resort, thinking more of a refuge!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Should see you for a day around Dec 27 (+/- a day).
    Would never miss that. Keep us posted. Door is always open if needed.

I can't wait til you see the changes from your last trip.

Nice work RG! Stoked for everyone who gets to enjoy the goodness tomorrow and this weekend
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Great title and great work by all involved. Last Saturday was nothing short of amazing. Can’t even imagine what tomorrow is going to be like. Will be there on Friday.

Congrats on opening 100% in November! Looking forward to a great season.

I am extremely not hyped to have to go to work tomorrow.

Still, I bet it will still be amazing Saturday.

ain't not skiing tomorrow

I had to ‘rearranged’ my schedule....and all thanks goes to my wife. She said ...’go, how often do you get 21”+ storm. Just be home in time for dinner.’ And with that I made some calls. See ya tomorrow.
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Would never miss that. Keep us posted. Door is always open if needed.

I can't wait til you see the changes from your last trip.
    Wicked, thanks RG may take you up on that! I can't wait to see what you guys have done with the place. Starting my training to enable a chair ride with MMP.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by elevens View Post
    I had to ‘rearranged’ my schedule....and all thanks goes to my wife. She said ...’go, how often do you get 21”+ storm. Just be home in time for dinner.’ And with that I made some calls. See ya tomorrow.

Keeper: detected
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

For real though guys, do what you’ve got to do to get here, this is gonna be an all-timer to tell the grandkids about. We got another couple inches last night after storm total was calculated (somewhere in the 4-6 range up top), and it’s snowing hard right now with about 2” down already. We could actually be opening with a number that’s flirting with the 30” we got hit with last March if this snow tonight keeps up... In November!!!!

Here’s a shot from clearing chairs today before the snow ramped up. Keep in mind this is on top of a packed base...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0644.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	390.1 KB 
ID:	257649

It is crazy up here right now. Can’t believe my eyes!

Not sure I will be able to ski tomorrow. Hoping someone post pics to document the epicnicity of this historic event.