Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thrilled to welcome TJ to the magic family. Sending love and admiration to Ashley, Matt, H & E. Love you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He already posted in the soup thread but yes,... huge congrats to the DW family.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    He already posted in the soup thread but yes,... huge congrats to the DW family.
    Not sure how I missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2772.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	303.7 KB 
ID:	272013

Commence march madness

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

Name:	IMG_2772.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	303.7 KB 
ID:	272013
    I already arranged to take Monday off. Time for a powder day!
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Models are all over the place. Not going to make a decision until Sunday morning but I already cleared Monday off with my boss.

Would love a little decision making help. I can probably only do Monday AM. Worth it??
    [quote][//quote]

4:00pm model runs say no. I'm here but not going to stay unless something significant changes.

Skiing today was pretty good but as the day wore on, the steeper aspects got pretty dicey. Talisman and Sorcerer were good early, not good late. Lower half of Up Your Shirt was ROTD for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    4:00pm model runs say no. I'm here but not going to stay unless something significant changes.

Skiing today was pretty good but as the day wore on, the steeper aspects got pretty dicey.
    Looked at the weather Friday (in consideration of taking Monday off) and the reports showed a bust, thought I imagined the 12+ forecast. Monday is a no go for me now, but already and inch down around here tonight.

A lot of melt/freeze today though. You skiing tomorrow? I need to get out and do something, cabin fever has set in bad.

Yeah, I am seeing 3-6" for Sun/Mon, so I guess a no go. Too bad. Was hoping one of our resident meteorological types might think otherwise, but I guess it's not happening.
    [quote][//quote]

This is what happens when you question the power of soup pics. Still hoping forecast changes for us all. Was looking forward to another Magic day.

I 'm also looking forward to another Magic day...Bman, I tolld mrsB man to keep you away from the soup....she suggested burger pics...I gave up.
    Congrats to Dowork on the new Doworker

This morning's models are now saying 1-3" at Magic, less up north and no wraparound.

KRP, Peruvian and I are going to skin a lap or 2 at the NELSAP near Bromley and Stratton starting at around 9:00 and I will likely ski at Magic this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Yeah, I am seeing 3-6" for Sun/Mon, so I guess a no go. Too bad. Was hoping one of our resident meteorological types might think otherwise, but I guess it's not happening.
    Sorry to not chime in earlier. The Friday night coastal was stronger than modeled and that forced the Sunday storm a tad further south. I still think Magic is in the 2-4" maybe 3-5" range. We need the storm to track just a bit further north to hit 6". That is not the current forecast but I will remind everyone the models have SUCKED. Here on north shore of Long Island we had 6" Friday night. Forecast 12 hours before storm? 2-4". Forecast 24 hours before? Mostly rain.

And we had beautiful surf so a nice consolation for not being in SOVT this weekend!

Thanks. I will be sitting this one out, but it sure doesn't sound like I could have counted on very much snow anyway.
    [quote][//quote]

Magic Mountain 18/19: We aren't a resort, aren't we

Well, at least my son got to ski Magic this year. He got up this weekend with a friend while I stayed home and nursed my tibial plateau. No action shots yet, but maybe some of you saw this troublemaker on the hill...

Name:	IMG_7698.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	731.0 KB 
ID:	272226
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Looks like 6" overnight and Magic will be open according to yesterday's Alpine Update:

"With 3-6" of snow expected overnight and many school cancellations to the south of us, Magic will open for Monday for any fresh powder we get so folks can stay and play!

The Red Lift only will be spinning to the summit from 9am-4pm. There will be no ski school, beginner lift or mid mtn lift. Just come relax and enjoy the fresh snow!"

will be there sunday....any amount of snow helps at this point

It’s skiing great. The mountain is like a frozen waterfall right now with snow on it. Slick underneath but it makes a nice base. The loose snow on top is making some fine skiing.

Weak “storm” but should be another nice one today.

Here's your update Cinnepa. Was able to take advantage of the Monday opening for a bit. Super fun.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    I've got a four pack of Magic tickets for $160 if anyone is interested. I'm probably not going to be able to make it up there with the baby so I wanted to see if anyone else is interested.

thanks rustyg.....hopefully the temps won't rise too sunday to keep it all snow.

Super velvety everywhere out there, on and off the groomers it is extremely soft and heroic. Few spots of ice bulge here and there but hot damn there is some great skiing to be had!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Super velvety everywhere out there, on and off the groomers it is extremely soft and heroic. Few spots of ice bulge here and there but hot damn there is some great skiing to be had!
    Looked like the folks from LP Building Products enjoyed a beautiful day yesterday. Certainly Monday was fun with enough extra fluff to make for a lot of soft, quiet turns.

Looking forward to returning Sunday. Until then it's the NY Tech Valley FIRST Robotics Regional Competition at RPI in Troy today, tomorrow and Saturday all day. I am the DJ again this year and there's a webcast on Twitch TV Friday and Saturday.

https://www.techvalleyfirst.org/

https://www.twitch.tv/firstinspires3

https://www.twitch.tv/firstinspires4