Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Other than Carl in the sheetrock warehouse, the folks at RK Miles don't seem like the "Hey! Get my picture jumping off this rock" type. So you all should be ok for Thurs.

The folks at Clarks IGA on the other hand...
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Other than Carl in the sheetrock warehouse, the folks at RK Miles don't seem like the "Hey! Get my picture jumping off this rock" type. So you all should be ok for Thurs.

The folks at Clarks IGA on the other hand...

It’s also for a lot of their vendors and their bigger customers in the area. Quite a few carhartt cowboys getting rowdy today, but nothing this crowd has to stress. Plenty to go around tomorrow, and a nice snow squall at the end of the day that dropped a few inches and covered a lot of tracks too. Throwback Thursday is looking pretty fkn choice at the moment!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

It was a fun day indeed. It’s still very thin and the mountain needs another storm to solidify the base. Thanks RK Miles, Marvin and Magic
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

So what's the rate to rent the mountain for a day? Asking for a friend...
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Free with the Ikon pass.

I know there is a band at the BLT this Saturday night, but if you are looking for another option, David Wax Museum is playing at Walker Farm at the Weston Playhouse this Saturday. After tonight's AC/DC cover band at the BLT, something less metal may be in order!

jgb@etree Guest
    Snowing pretty hard up here right now. Hope like hell the forecast is wrong and it doesn't change over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I need to verify this claim with my own eyes.

Did the Magic web cam break again, or is it just buried under all the snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I need to verify this claim with my own eyes.

Did the Magic web cam break again, or is it just buried under all the snow?
    Is the Google too complex for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Is the Google too complex for you?
    Thanks. I just found it again.
    Whoa it is dumping! Get the wide boards out people.

Don't know how many folks are long-time TGR bros on this thread. If you are, you might remember this from the wayback machine
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=Svetlana
    Turns out Camilla is now a regular at Magic...in fact, she's renting a house in the Magic Village. Mrs. MNIAW has offered some household items to them, totally unwitting to the celebrity she's been dealing with. I clued her in today...

BTW, the mountain is skiing great and whatever snow we get tonight and then later this week will only solidify what's already a great, if thin, base.

Magic Mountain 18/19: We aren't a resort, aren't we

Wow. That is one from the memory banks. Seemed like they were always having the best time on the mountain.

Still remember the goat TR. old times were good times.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by mtnwriter; 02-17-2019 at 07:17 PM.

WOW is right, great blast from the past, thatcher tr were always entertaining!
    Mtnwriter hope u are well!
    always forward but never straight

Yo! We (now wife and 2 kids woah!) are actually headed back your way in a few weeks after living in RI for the last 6 yrs.

We should catch up for a drink soon! Moving to Dresher area.

Crazy fun day at Magique today. The fluff kept falling all day and by the end, it totaled 3-4". Trails that were endangering my dental work yesterday were suddenly smooth and fast-skiable. Even ventured into a few low angle tree runs today and only found 1 piece of granite. Shaking my head at the 3 morons that ducked onto Red Line, obviously thinking that 3" of ultralight snow would protect them from the granite reef on the Plunge.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Don't know how many folks are long-time TGR bros on this thread. If you are, you might remember this from the wayback machine
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=Svetlana
    Turns out Camilla is now a regular at Magic...in fact, she's renting a house in the Magic Village. Mrs. MNIAW has offered some household items to them, totally unwitting to the celebrity she's been dealing with. I clued her in today...

BTW, the mountain is skiing great and whatever snow we get tonight and then later this week will only solidify what's already a great, if thin, base.
    Hermitage refugees. I know her husband from the sailing world. For what it’s worth they are pumped on Magic.

For anyone who cares, the web camera has shit the bed. The computer that gets the feed and broadcasts it to YouTube is stable but the camera is no longer capable of providing a stream for more than a few minutes after a power cycle reset. That's why we see nothing but a black screen; that's all the camera is providing in the video stream. I'm having them purchase a new device and it should be operational next weekend.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

For realz or is this a marketing thing to make MM seem more “core”?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    For realz or is this a marketing thing to make MM seem more “core”?

The web cam or the Hermitage refugees thing?

BTW, my guest DJ spot is on the radio in an hour. WEXT 97.7 and 106.1 FM in the Albany NY area, streaming at http://www.wextradio.org or on the WEXT app on your mobile device.

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    the Hermitage refugees
    This is the beginning. I think I predicted this a while back. Next it will be the Russians coming over from Stratton and the BLT will then start looking like this.

Name:  de414599-9570-48c8-ba89-29cddbe40919.jpg?id=d8096d468fb2eda7c4ad96aaa4844023.jpg&404=bat2%u00252.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  137.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    BTW, my guest DJ spot is on the radio in an hour. WEXT 97.7 and 106.1 FM in the Albany NY area, streaming at http://www.wextradio.org or on the WEXT app on your mobile device.
    This is a bit past my bedtime, how'd it go?

jgb@etree Guest
    Hermitage refugees?

I guess that begins to explain some of the strange shit seen this weekend.

It started out with a triple take at someone wearing a Yellowstone Club facewarmer in the lodge on Saturday morning. We figured they must have made a wrong turn somewhere?

Then we headed out, and as we're heading up red my son says "Dad! What is that guy doing?!?. I've never seen that before". I look up and there is a dude with skis and poles downloading on the red chair. Couldn't figure out how it even happened, as we were >1/2 way up and the chair hadn't stopped. Dunno if this guy somehow managed to dodge the emergency stop gate and ride around the bullwheel?

Got up top, and we were waiting for my wife who was a few chairs behind. I look over as she unloads, and can't figure out wtf I was seeing. I thought it was some kind of comedy skit as the guy riding the chair with my wife just launches off the chair and rolls down the unloading ramp Benny Profane style. Turns out this tele skiing gent somehow managed to lose both skis on the chair ride up....without noticing until the last minute.

"Hermitage refugees"...haha. I'm always still here lurking! I was actually at Magic over MLK weekend, hung with Camilla, etc. Great times, great skiing. She and I always love Magic (I on the other hand am not a huge fan of Hermitage - was lucky enough to ski there last season for a day - good snow, lame terrain, great family mountain though. I was also lucky enough to try YC a few years back too - fun terrain at that place. Not a fan of the huge lodges and architecture at either). Damn young kids have changed things for all my friends, so the super entertaining times are on pause for the time being...
    Need to post a TR on here again...have had some good trips the last few years that I think are worthy, along with great days at Magic, and elsewhere in the east.
    Last edited by Thatcher; 02-19-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Hermitage refugees?

I guess that begins to explain some of the strange shit seen this weekend.

It started out with a triple take at someone wearing a Yellowstone Club facewarmer in the lodge on Saturday morning. We figured they must have made a wrong turn somewhere?

Then we headed out, and as we're heading up red my son says "Dad! What is that guy doing?!?. I've never seen that before". I look up and there is a dude with skis and poles downloading on the red chair. Couldn't figure out how it even happened, as we were >1/2 way up and the chair hadn't stopped. Dunno if this guy somehow managed to dodge the emergency stop gate and ride around the bullwheel?

Got up top, and we were waiting for my wife who was a few chairs behind. I look over as she unloads, and can't figure out wtf I was seeing. I thought it was some kind of comedy skit as the guy riding the chair with my wife just launches off the chair and rolls down the unloading ramp Benny Profane style. Turns out this tele skiing gent somehow managed to lose both skis on the chair ride up....without noticing until the last minute.
    Was it the same guy in the leather tele boots we saw walking down Wand? I saw him sitting at the table next to us during apres and he appeared to be a refugee from Buckturd Basin, not the Hermitage. His 40 year old anorak couldn't have blocked wind, nevertheless had any waterproofing left. #keepinitreal

The Russians like the RLX apparel and they pay cash.

I'm not sure who's running the shop there, but this might be something to look into for next season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7b4c0d32fa94ee4a7cc616a5a12ab846.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	270465