Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
    "Hermitage refugees"...haha. I'm always still here lurking! I was actually at Magic over MLK weekend, hung with Camilla, etc. Great times, great skiing. She and I always love Magic (I on the other hand am not a fan of Hermitage - was "lucky" enough to ski there last season for a day - good snow, lame terrain. I was also lucky enough to try YC a few years back too - fun terrain at that place. Not a fan of the huge lodges and hideous architecture at either). Damn young kids have changed things for all my friends, so the super entertaining times are on pause for the time being...
    Need to post a TR on here again...have had some good trips the last few years that I think are worthy, along with great days at Magic, and elsewhere in the east.
    Give a shout next time you're at magic. Need to revive those TRs!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

This is a bit past my bedtime, how'd it go?
    Not as cringy as I expected. The pro DJ did a good job producing the show with my pre-recorded segments.
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Quote Originally Posted by Thatcher View Post
    Damn young kids have changed things for all my friends, so the super entertaining times are on pause for the time being...
    Need to post a TR on here again...have had some good trips the last few years that I think are worthy, along with great days at Magic, and elsewhere in the east.
    Young kids like yours or young kids like old man rant? Or young kids like goats?

Either way, always appreciated your TR’s so come on back out of the shadows.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Got up top, and we were waiting for my wife who was a few chairs behind. I look over as she unloads, and can't figure out wtf I was seeing. I thought it was some kind of comedy skit as the guy riding the chair with my wife just launches off the chair and rolls down the unloading ramp Benny Profane style. Turns out this tele skiing gent somehow managed to lose both skis on the chair ride up....without noticing until the last minute.

Damn, I knew MMP smoked some heavy stuff but “blow your skis off just riding the chair and not even notice” is a whole ‘nother level of potency I wasn’t aware existed.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Damn, I knew MMP smoked some heavy stuff but “blow your skis off just riding the chair and not even notice” is a whole ‘nother level of potency I wasn’t aware existed.
    Downloading was a trip too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missing Magic right now! Anyway we moved and are selling our condo in Snowdrift on Magic Circle. Listing is here if interested. Looking forward to a magic mini out at jhole next winter if anyone is game
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

hmm nice place kok.

Who's around tomorrow? I've got a buddy headed up solo for the day, he'd probably enjoy linking up for some turns though if anyone is able.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Missing Magic right now! Anyway we moved and are selling our condo in Snowdrift on Magic Circle. Listing is here if interested. Looking forward to a magic mini out at jhole next winter if anyone is game
    I’m game for a Wyoming mini.

That is an incredible deal on a killer location. Wish I had some liquidity right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I’m game for a Wyoming mini.
    TGR Forums
    Now we are talking. And thanks for the plug. My wife cries everytime we discuss the sale. Or maybe it's just looking at me

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Real Estate > Soup 24/7/365

Anyone going to be there tomorrow? I finally am a bit free.

Magic Mountain 18/19: We aren't a resort, aren't we

Had a blast yesterday, grabbed a $54 ticket the day before, was hoping for small crowds. Skied on the lift all day! Natural stuff skied pretty well , all things considered. Witch>Black was fun. Felt the old school vibe. Dave was chatty yesterday at Red. And Green is awesome, love looking up at Goniff from the chair. Rowdy stuff. Purchased this shirt.
    Well done Magic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3198.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	270745
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Had a blast yesterday, grabbed a $54 ticket the day before, was hoping for small crowds. Skied on the lift all day! Natural stuff skied pretty well , all things considered. Witch>Black was fun. Felt the old school vibe. Dave was chatty yesterday at Red. And Green is awesome, love looking up at Goniff from the chair. Rowdy stuff. Purchased this shirt.
    Well done Magic!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3198.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	270745
    Smart to limit your soup picture to the RC. Laps optional.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Smart to limit your soup picture to the RC. Laps optional.

No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    No soup for you!

Good with that. Basically ruined for me anyway.

We made our first trip of the season to Magic on Saturday for the freeride event. Pearl Jam did a great job whipping the venue into shape and making it a great time for the kids. Blackline is such a great run for the various abilities of all the different age categories.

I actually waited in a 5 minute lift line most of the day - that was great to see at Magic. DoWork of course was pitching in at one point directing traffic in the corral.

The lodge looks great, and there was actually someone coordinating the parking in the lot! You guys are on your way to the Big Time.

Saturday was so surprisingly good. Lotsa laps on Talisman early until we had completely obliterated brownie's artwork. Then over to the east side to reap what the wind had blown into Goniff and T-zone. Late afternoon laps down Black after the comp finished. Plus a few laps with Mrs. MNIAW who now loves Talisman. So psyched to have her back onthe horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Saturday was so surprisingly good. Lotsa laps on Talisman early until we had completely obliterated brownie's artwork. Then over to the east side to reap what the wind had blown into Goniff and T-zone. Late afternoon laps down Black after the comp finished. Plus a few laps with Mrs. MNIAW who now loves Talisman. So psyched to have her back onthe horse.
    This is great to hear!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

That was me in the parking lot I think. Hoping to make more turns with you boys as I figure out who is who.

That Don't Make No Sense

Saturday was a fun day. Black was the ROTD for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinfever View Post
    That was me in the parking lot I think. Hoping to make more turns with you boys as I figure out who is who.

If so, we chatted for a minute. I was in a blue suv with the wife and kids.

World Telemark day this Saturday. All the Champions will be there.

& now this?

March 23rd. 550 ft course. Good thing Ski Patrol is the sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    World Telemark day this Saturday. All the Champions will be there.

& now this?

March 23rd. 550 ft course. Good thing Ski Patrol is the sponsor

Don’t forget Master of the Mountain race coming up too.

Shovel races are pretty sweet, and I can guarantee it’ll pull a large contingent from area snowmaking crews. I’m pretty sure they invented shovel racing.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Anyone going to be there tomorrow? I finally am a bit free.
    lets try this again, i am going to be there as i am also a bit free