Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Still coming to ski Dec 27! Considering ski selection (with current and upcoming conditions in mind)... Volkl BMT 94mm underfoot vs. DPS Wailer 112mm? Drinks Dec 26 at the bar?
    BMTs for sure. I’ll be there, likely in some sort of “Mr. Purple” attire.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^^Perhaps rope off a special section for Canadians only.

What's the edge bevel on the BMT's and Wailers? It's shaping up to be a 2-3 degree bevel weekend again.
    haha. Who knows, I only ski pow

Be great to meet you guys, and see some of the lads and lassies I met last time. Oh, and fuck you Benny, I'm skiing Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^^Perhaps rope off a special section for Canadians only.
    Yes, detente is alive and well at one of my favorite hills.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Gary that's the spirit. Don't let our leader or So. VT snow conditions scare you off. Most Americanos are still the welcoming type.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

In other news, visual proof that Speedfreak is mostly wrong in the breakfast meats arenaName:  IMG_20181222_172351.jpeg
Views: 1258
Size:  19.0 KB
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Still coming to ski Dec 27! Considering ski selection (with current and upcoming conditions in mind)... Volkl BMT 94mm underfoot vs. DPS Wailer 112mm? Drinks Dec 26 at the bar?
    The homeowners association is having its annual get-together on the 26th but it will be downstairs so no impact. Try to remember your gloves this year

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    BMTs for sure. I’ll be there, likely in some sort of “Mr. Purple” attire.
    It's a full-on invasion from the west!

Wish the skiing was worth the trip. I skied 4 runs today and none of them were good. We had 12 hours of 50+* (10+* for our friend from north o' the border) and it poured for 45 minutes this morning. Then it got cold. I failed and decided to clean up the storm damage and then go skiing. In retrospect, it would have been better to reverse that order. Bar sales should be good over the next week....

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    In other news, visual proof that Speedfreak is mostly wrong in the breakfast meats arenaName:  IMG_20181222_172351.jpeg
Views: 1258
Size:  19.0 KB
    Hahaha what piney made that map?

Also, the population of the blue area is close to triple the red, so...
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    The homeowners association is having its annual get-together on the 26th but it will be downstairs so no impact. Try to remember your gloves this year

It's a full-on invasion from the west!

Wish the skiing was worth the trip. I skied 4 runs today and none of them were good. We had 12 hours of 50+* (10+* for our friend from north o' the border) and it poured for 45 minutes this morning. Then it got cold. I failed and decided to clean up the storm damage and then go skiing. In retrospect, it would have been better to reverse that order. Bar sales should be good over the next week....
    No worries. The whole fam is in in VT for Xmas, so I’d be making the trip anyway. White Russians at the BLT works for me. Glad I left a pile of skinny skis in the garage

dumbfuck.

See you on the 26th Gary. Looking forward to it. Happy to host a get together here unless everyone is good @ the bar. I guess I’m gonna give it a go today. Chores seemed like a better option yesterday.

I'll join you a little later. Maybe the 'snow' will soften a bit later today...

Green chair gets load tested tomorrow!

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Little MSB could not contain her excitement at seeing the green chair run.

Off the grid for a couple of days. I skinned up yesterday with MSB's MIL and FIL. The 4" of fluff skied like 2 feet of blower (in my mind). The work that the Mountain Ops crew has done in the last 72 hours is nothing short of miraculous. It's not going to be the pow days we saw last year right after Christmas but it will be damn fine skiing.

Great fun day at Magic making the most of what mother nature has dealt. Awesome skiing with GaryFromTerrace again. Lots of mags here today including Goniff, Rusty, OG, PJ09, Radam, MSB, and Speedfreak. If we can't have pow at least we can have the best tap list in the Northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Great fun day at Magic making the most of what mother nature has dealt. Awesome skiing with GaryFromTerrace again. Lots of mags here today including Goniff, Rusty, OG, PJ09, Radam, MSB, and Speedfreak. If we can't have pow at least we can have the best tap list in the Northeast.
    Right on. Thanks for swinging in with such a positive attitude, GfT.

Also spotted and introduced- djspooksman and JGB.

Yup...another fuckin’ mag-mini at Magic.

magic is cool as fuck.

Awesome day with awesome folks at an awesome hill! Thanks for the guiding boys, I'd a never found the "coral reef" without amazing route finding by Rustygroomer. What a hoot! Was considerably more sober without MMP in the mix.

So great to see y'all, and some nice improvements to the hill. Very friendly management folks cept for that one patroller -didn't he know who I was??? About as much fun as could be had at a low tide anywhere. Thanks for the hospitality RG and mrs RG and for everyone showing me a good time. I will of course be back!

Magic Mountain 18/19: We aren't a resort, aren't we

Word on the mountain this morning was that the state inspector liked what he saw on the green chair so after a few more punch list items, the first new lift in 40 some odd years will start spinning at the mountain.

How cool as fuck is that?!?!?

Very?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

FANTASTIC to see the new green chair spinning yesterday.

Copying the below from today's Magic Alpine Update for the historical record.

"Those of you here the last two days have seen inspections and load-testing of the new mid-mountain Green Lift happening. The good news is the lift passed the load-test with flying colors (green, of course). Now we just finish up a checklist of items over the weekend and do a final state inspection to open Magic's first new chairlift since the 1980s before the New Year! It's been a long-time coming but it's a beauty!"

Great meeting Gary. MNIAW, Peruvian, JGB and Gary in the pic.

The best soup of the season. Fiddlehead bisque.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Goniff; 12-28-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Soup win.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    FANTASTIC to see the new green chair spinning yesterday.

Copying the below from today's Magic Alpine Update for the historical record.

"Those of you here the last two days have seen inspections and load-testing of the new mid-mountain Green Lift happening. The good news is the lift passed the load-test with flying colors (green, of course). Now we just finish up a checklist of items over the weekend and do a final state inspection to open Magic's first new chairlift since the 1980s before the New Year! It's been a long-time coming but it's a beauty!"

Great meeting Gary. MNIAW, Peruvian, JGB and Gary in the pic.

The best soup of the season. Fiddlehead bisque.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Don’t cunt the magic thread with soup. Focus. Soup goes in the RC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish i'd snapped a few pics on Monday. Holy shit that was fun. 8 laps on the Talisman glacier had me feeling pretty satisfied. Those guns make some fine snow.

Hats off to the crew for making a super fun day out of nothing.

any good motel recommendations for magic trip with wife/son in early march?

Upper Pass. https://www.upperpasslodge.com/

Keep me posted & you can ski your old Monsters. Ha!

Word is Talisman skied incredibly well yesterday.