Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    15

    Using TGR on mobile.

    How do you access TGR on your mobile device? I'm using a browser (chrome) and it's not very mobile friendly.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Central OR
    Posts
    4,542
    "TGR Forums" has an app.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    27,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
    How do you access TGR on your mobile device? I'm using a browser (chrome) and it's not very mobile friendly.
    Shoot TGR member rontele a pm. He's in charge of keeping things friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Vernon BC
    Posts
    1,535
    Well versed in forum software yet unaware of App Store.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,291
    Now this is a reasonable post. There is a TGR app powered by tapatalk that a lot of people use. I hate it myself.

    If you scroll down to the bottom of the page when viewing the “full site” you can select different interfaces you can use. The one marked “mobile” doesn’t work worth a shit, at least on an iPhone. But the other one called “metro mobile B&W” or words to that effect, works OK, once you get used to it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcrawfo View Post
    Well versed in forum software yet unaware of App Store.
    Very well versed to be exact. Completely aware of all the apps that are associated with forum software. As @billyk mentioned taptalk(which powers most vbulleting mobile) is not really my cup of tea. Will play around with some settings and see what best works for me. Keep in mind the forum software TGR uses is a bit outdated (version 4.2.2 which is now EOL i believe (End of Life)) in other words not supported. This is why the mobile experience is not very good.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    509
    No matter what I try I can't get logged in on iphone. I'm logged in on my ipad no problem but it says I'm not authorized or something whenever I try to log in on the phone through Safari or the app.
    IDK. Just messed with it more today and looked here and found this thread.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    27,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
    Very well versed to be exact. Completely aware of all the apps that are associated with forum software. As @billyk mentioned taptalk(which powers most vbulleting mobile) is not really my cup of tea. Will play around with some settings and see what best works for me. Keep in mind the forum software TGR uses is a bit outdated (version 4.2.2 which is now EOL i believe (End of Life)) in other words not supported. This is why the mobile experience is not very good.
    It's CBFC* though.

    *Closet Box Fan Compatible
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    39,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
    Very well versed to be exact. Completely aware of all the apps that are associated with forum software. As @billyk mentioned taptalk(which powers most vbulleting mobile) is not really my cup of tea. Will play around with some settings and see what best works for me. Keep in mind the forum software TGR uses is a bit outdated (version 4.2.2 which is now EOL i believe (End of Life)) in other words not supported. This is why the mobile experience is not very good.
    fkna dude we barely keep the one we got from overheating. did you get the bill for new member fees?
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    509
    And now I’m posting from my phone. I guess asking here is the magic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •