Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    This is on some shitty snow season kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Popcorn is pretty good for you. It's all the shit people put on it that makes it, ... ahem, ... bad.
    yes, and no. I used to eat a ton of microwave popcorn until I figured out it was bad for ya. Plenny of other ways to cook the corn and it's a good grain, evidently. so many tasty spices to put on corn. like the chemical cream flavors for the coffee, bad but tastes so good. https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...y-bad-for-you/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I know someone else that went out like that.. Dementia on steroids! Isn't mad cow caused by cows eating grain with beef?? i.e. cowabilism of some sort??
    You are correct. https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/tu6533 "When a cow is slaughtered, parts of it are used for human food and other parts are used in animal feed. If an infected cow is slaughtered and its nerve tissue is used in cattle feed, other cows can become infected."

Not that I'm too concerned with mad cow these days, BUT it highlights another reason that feedlot cows are not the way to go if you're going to eat beef. At least when you can make a conscious decision when purchasing your meat. That's pretty disgusting that they put recycled cow into feed and feed it to the cows. WTF?! What's to say something like the mad cow epidemic couldn't happen again with another disease if not mad cow. I know it's not always an option or affordable for many, but man, for those who are able, it is REALLY nice to know exactly where your food comes from. I definitely trust the local hippie microfarmer so much more than a giant corporate feedlot/poultry/dairy operation, that's for sure.

And wow, Flowing. That's sucks about your father. I had no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    +1, that's a sad story, must have been very tough on the family. Condolences.

Yes, best wishes Alpy.

Damn Alpy that's awful.

According to the CDC only four deaths from vCJD in the US
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, motherfucker, I eat everything. ... I eat the butt.

Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

thanks you guys!
    we didn’t find out till later but the neuro docs knew it was much more than just full blown Alzheimer’s. struck quick and hard after a possible 50 year dormancy.
    he loved a thick steak.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I

Here's a quick test to know if you are being a semantic dick wad:

Guy "It's healthy to eat more natural food like bananas"
    Dick: "Bananas natural? Actually...."

Don't be fucking actually asshole.
    Actually, that's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    thanks you guys!
    we didn’t find out till later but the neuro docs knew it was much more than just full blown Alzheimer’s. struck quick and hard after a possible 50 year dormancy.
    he loved a thick steak.
    That's how the guy we knew went out too. Took like 3 weeks after he was hospitalized... Horrible, awful dementia not knowing where he was, or who any of his friends and family were. He was terrified most of the time all confused and stuff. I wish that horror on no one. Bad, lethal food comes in all shapes and sizes unfortunately, lettuce most recently of course..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

thanks you guys!
    we didnít find out till later but the neuro docs knew it was much more than just full blown Alzheimerís. struck quick and hard after a possible 50 year dormancy.
    he loved a thick steak.
    That sucks Alpy. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    You are correct. https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-topics/tu6533 "When a cow is slaughtered, parts of it are used for human food and other parts are used in animal feed. If an infected cow is slaughtered and its nerve tissue is used in cattle feed, other cows can become infected."

Not that I'm too concerned with mad cow these days, BUT it highlights another reason that feedlot cows are not the way to go if you're going to eat beef. At least when you can make a conscious decision when purchasing your meat. That's pretty disgusting that they put recycled cow into feed and feed it to the cows. WTF?! What's to say something like the mad cow epidemic couldn't happen again with another disease if not mad cow. I know it's not always an option or affordable for many, but man, for those who are able, it is REALLY nice to know exactly where your food comes from. I definitely trust the local hippie microfarmer so much more than a giant corporate feedlot/poultry/dairy operation, that's for sure.

Feedlots don't feed cattle based feed to other cattle. Not legal anymore.

FWIW i own a feedlot, but i'm like a millionaire in Jackson trying to compete with the billionaires. Pretty rough gig.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Feedlots don't feed cattle based feed to other cattle. Not legal anymore.

FWIW i own a feedlot, but i'm like a millionaire in Jackson trying to compete with the billionaires. Pretty rough gig.

Your major cost of business, cattle feed, is falling through the floor though, against steady consumer demand. You can live a little, brah.

thanks you guys!
    he loved a thick steak.

I had a friend who made a pet of an orphaned fawn. About 3 weeks later, he was hospitalized with an encephalitis, irregular heartbeat, and high fever, which burnt him pretty bad.
    Docs said tick or flea-borne virus. He was never the same afterward. Something like narcolepsy, he'd drift out but not enough to drop things.
    His symptoms went critical about 15 years later and he passed like your dad. Steak had nothing to do with it.

my dad died from a confirmed case of mad cow disease
    his brain tissue is now stored at the CDC headquarters
    never easy but honestly this is a terrible way to go out
    damn. sorry to hear that, looking forward to skiing w you.

i saw this thread title and thought of this zinger:

"maybe you can, but your wife couldn't seem to stop the other night"

Week 1 down without the red meat. Miss the carne asada burritos, but the shrimp, scallop, lobster rigatoni tonight was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Damn Alpy that's awful.
    +1. Sorry to hear that man.

According to the CDC only four deaths from vCJD in the US
    Just curious but is that annually, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I had a friend who made a pet of an orphaned fawn...
    You gotta defend yourself from those fuckers.

Food production is about 1/3 of all greenhouse gas emissions.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/f...rint-1.4930062

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

And yet:
    12.9 percent
    Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. That's about one in nine people on earth. The vast majority of the world's hungry people live in developing countries, where 12.9 percent of the population is undernourished.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

related to that - interesting comparison of carbon intensity of various dishes here:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ons-heavy-menu

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    And yet:
    12.9 percent
    Some 795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. That's about one in nine people on earth. The vast majority of the world's hungry people live in developing countries, where 12.9 percent of the population is undernourished.
    Those numbers don't really make sense. One in nine is like 11.1%, right? So only 12.9% in developing countries are undernourished doesn't sound the vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Those numbers don't really make sense. One in nine is like 11.1%, right? So only 12.9% in developing countries are undernourished doesn't sound the vast majority.
    You mis-read that.

He said the vast majority of the worlds hungry people live in developing countries.

Not that the vast majority of people in developing countries are undernourished.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You mis-read that.

He said the vast majority of the worlds hungry people live in developing countries.

Not that the vast majority of people in developing countries are undernourished.
    No, that's how I read it, and that's why I'm confused about the 1 in 9 part of it. It seems that developing countries only have about 1.8% more undernourished people than developed countries?

Things you can find on the internet.

But yeah. On original content, the food we make could probably feed the world if distributed in a perfect fashion. I imagine there would be less food waste in those starving countries though. Completely unrealistic, but the emissions to produce food for everyone would increase that GGE. Or we could change the way we do things.
    We're fucked in my lifetime, but not fucked enough that I will likely see complete meltdown. But maybe.
    I just want comfortable digestion. It's all I can really live for.