Need boot fitter feedback for 10yr old son

My 10yr old just outgrew his four buckle overlap Lange’s from the past few seasons, so now I’m on the hunt for its replacement. I really need him to be able to get in and out of his own boots regardless of cold temps and thus have been drawn to 3 piece designs.

Full Tilt sells the Descendant 4 which has a flex of 70 which definitely works, and it comes in a 23.5 which he measures now.

My real concern is whether or not that boot is designed for adult anatomy but for adults with small feet. Will these be too high on his calf etc?

The options for three piece boots at his age are non existent. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Descendant is designed off a 26.5 last and scaled to 23.5. Whether that fits your sons foot or calf is something no one here can tell you. You need to put a foot into the boot to know. Kids just like adults have all different sorts of shapes.

If not a three piece, look for a boot that has a "quick step" style instep -- a sofer piece of material to make getting boots on/off. A number of boots have such a feature.

At 23.5 sizing isn't impossible in adult boots. But you may need modifications to get to appropriate flex.

Here’s a junior cabrio boot in a 23.5 https://www.sunandski.com/p/34820616...yABEgIcNfD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Roxa makes the Yeti 4, a junior 3 piece boot in sizes 23.5-26.5. Will it ski as stiff as the mentioned adult FT boot? No. Will it be lower on his calf? Yes.

TGR for the win! Thanks for the help. I went the route of the Nordicas. Many many thanks gents.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums