Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Heading to Jackson Wednesday night, staying with a patroller buddy of mine through Presidents day. He has to work Thursday and Friday, would be great to ski with any Mags who will be skiing Thursday and/or Friday. If anyone is down hit me up.

Hoping my flight gets in okay before the storm hits... supposed to land at 9PM
    Last edited by Muggydude; 02-11-2019 at 11:34 AM.

RE Helmets:

In cases like the above they are way better than nothing. Glad that turned out for the better instead of the worst. Ugly damage. Rocks or Tree?

from what I understand, rocks at bottom of spacewalk? no trees there...
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    Sounds like Jon's surgery went well and he should make a full recovery. He sent this picture of his helmet, makes me think about wearing a helmet more often.
    Thanks for the update. That's great to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Skiing was fantastic!
    Good skiing with you guys, Muted and DJ. Sorry I had to split. Fucking flu sucks! Good I came down when I did. Daughter appreciated it.
    We’ll do it again when you get back DJ. Have fun at BBI.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Good meeting both of ya; and thanks for touring around with me DJ. Was a great day thanks to you.

I don't have words to describe yesterday... therefore I will do so through interpretive dance.

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    from what I understand, rocks at bottom of spacewalk? no trees there...
    I think it’s the rock on the bottom left, next to the wall. It hides under new snow and the first person down uncovers it. I’ve got a dead pair of Shiros from that rock.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I don't have words to describe yesterday... therefore I will do so through interpretive dance.
    See?

He gets it.
    Heh.
    I bet that dance is hilarious.

Thanks, Muted - no doubt we wrangled a few fat turns, eh? Solid skier mag. Always glad to make turns witcha.

Spacewalk is hourglass shaped, almost martini but with a fat stem. Rock in the crux is about vwbeetle sized but disappears eventually. Maybe 6-10 ft. wide. Jump and stick a turn early or an easy left footer when a full ski thru.
    Steep is the thing. Maybe 25 turns, 2-3 for the pointers.
    A beautiful pitch and a local test piece.
    Skied it in a large variety of conditions. In a 500+" year, we call it Cakewalk as it becomes much less intimidating...

Yo Swerve, thx for the update. Looks like Jon's throwing us a random bird there...
    I sure am glad he's doing better. Losing him would have been soul crushing for me.

My prerogative is changing. On no fewer than 3 occasions yesterday, I witnessed pure primal convulsions of happiness from some virgin Jackson Hole experiencers courtesy of our friend Ikon. I remember that feeling. It was great. It still is great. I support greatness.

It didn't hurt that I was getting face shots at 3pm on a Sunday, but high stoke levels breed high stoke levels.
    Live Free or Die

Getting burly out there today. Cold.and windy, plus deep skiing and trail breaking all day on the pass. Wind came from south, shifted to west, and is making some sensitive wind slab in the open bowls.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Heading to Jackson Wednesday night, staying with a patroller buddy of mine through Presidents day. He has to work Thursday and Friday, would be great to ski with any Mags who will be skiing Thursday and/or Friday. If anyone is down hit me up.

Hoping my flight gets in okay before the storm hits... supposed to land at 9PM
    I am planning to get out Thursday for sure, maybe the next two days also.

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Thanks, Muted - no doubt we wrangled a few fat turns, eh? Solid skier mag. Always glad to make turns witcha.
    We did!!! I was super skeptical of meeting random people from the internet, seriously thought 'WTF am I doing' that morning, but you and Shwerty were awesome.

Here's a pic of a friend from later in the day....breaking a personal rule of skiing BC so late in the day. Was about 4:30pm, oh well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E1D8355-EC0A-4E83-8E4B-70AEA4774795.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	269295

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    RE Helmets:

In cases like the above they are way better than nothing. Glad that turned out for the better instead of the worst. Ugly damage. Rocks or Tree?
    Rocks for sure, no trees in ZG, the rocks in the middle were scraped bare as the snow left them...and the walls on the way down.
    ZG for sure BTW not Spacewalk.

Huh, that's the first I've heard that it was Zero. Not the same for sure. Thx for the clarity.

Read it was SW on Buckrail quoting Anna Cole... go figure.

Lynne and Dan (and Peter), thanks so much for the tour. What an impressive playground you live in.
    In with the 9.

Glad you made it home, brother. Come back and play any time!

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

I don't know when but you know I will.

At least y'all have something to remember me by for a while.
    In with the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    Lynne and Dan (and Peter), thanks so much for the tour. What an impressive playground you live in.
    You're most certainly welcome.

www.instagram.com/ikonoftheday/
    I'm not one to photograph then shame people on the intertubes, but fine with others doing it.

www.instagram.com/ikonoftheday/
    I'm not one to photograph then shame people on the intertubes, but fine with others doing it.
    this is the last black out weekend on that dang pass.

Quote Originally Posted by passholer View Post
    this is the last black out weekend on that dang pass.
    And looks like some stout weather coming in. Should be fun.

Given the fistfights that almost broke out in the AV line last year on presidents weekends pow day, this weekend could still make for some ikonic conditions. Plus, some folks (like me) bought the non black out pass so we could use it on the holidays.
    I don’t think I’m the “average” ikon user, but I would say that 20 yrs ago when I started skiing jh I rarely if ever skied the village and stuck to the backcountry. Then I had kids about 10 yrs ago, was able to afford (and got off my bc high horse) a few more tickets a year, had less time, skied more and more out the gates, and then mtn collective started and my days became more like 50-50 bc/village over recent seasons. And my kids aren’t quite ready for glory laps (soon!). Anyway, everywhere in the world is more crowded, except for maybe western New York and small towns in the Midwest.
    Hopefully the sun won’t come out this weekend.
    Schwerty — I’ll be riding around w the fam for the most part; let’s make turns if you’re in town. I got to get you back, too

I heard Ikon pays JHMR $70 per redemption and their pot of village dough is nearly spent. Not sure what AltaBird get, but heard they may be SOL as far as getting their redemption cash due to the high usage. Not sure this is a sustainable model.

I heard Ikon pays JHMR $70 per redemption and their pot of village dough is nearly spent. Not sure what AltaBird get, but heard they may be SOL as far as getting their redemption cash due to the high usage. Not sure this is a sustainable model.
    So they are going to keep coming and the village is not going to make money? Hum... doesn’t sound sustainable

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums