Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Inversion shot from skiing with Eagle and DJ. Good times trying to keep up at Mach looneyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181206_111741945.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	258939
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

You yungins and all this hot doggin is gonna get you into trouble one day. Don’t you see the slow zone signs?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I messaged the Butter 2 Facebook page asking where we would be able to get Street Foods tacos, they answered back that “Street Foods *probably* isn’t going anywhere, stay tuned”.
    So there is hope.
    This is obviously a matter of dire importance to me!
    I asked them about it when I ate there today and they said they aren't going anywhere.

Had a great time with D.J and Koko the last couple of days. The groomers were skiing nice and I even got a little powder shot in. I may have accidentally missed a closed sign. In my defense, I didn't duck a rope. I just didn't see the sign.
    Kind of disappointed that I had to leave a day before the tram opened. If you get one of the first boxes, the bowl will prolly be pretty good. I'll be interested to see if they open the Headwall. That could be good early season goods.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Good.

Headwall just opened. SweetnessClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181208_104244068.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	259107
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Wow that looks soooo good.

It does. Drool

I start working 2 days a week in Afton here soon, any easily accessible touring on that end of Star Valley? I realize its more of a brap scene but hoping to find something mellow I could lap after work.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Headwall just opened. SweetnessClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181208_104244068.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	259107
    That just looks so tasty drool x2
    Glad you guys are gettin sum
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Headwall just opened. Sweetness
    Suncrust? Cirque was a bit baked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Suncrust? Cirque was a bit baked.
    The ambassador line was nice. Lower a little crunchy.

Yeah Cirque was a leg burner. Also Bernie's was sun affected

ghad the skiing is so nice right now
    it's been staying cold enough to keep the snow excellent aside from super south facing slopes
    I love chalk
    skid luxury

It’s time to go home.

Thanks for the updates. Glad everyone is safe.

If Streerfood moves, I’ll have to follow. I think I had dinner there 4-5 nights a week this past summer. Pass lap or two then quesadillas

Yostmark guide training today. I bet you know where.

Heads up though- we got full propagation below the Thanksgiving crust almost a meter down in the snowpack. Gonna be real interesting if we get these 2 projected storms in a row, especially the second one with 2" of SWE.
    Name:  YBT guide training on Peaked Dec 2018.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  83.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post

Name:  YBT guide training on Peaked Dec 2018.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  83.9 KB
    Les Trois Tetons (y Mont Owen).

My $2 bet says the weather slides right past us with minimal deposits.

HMS - lets you, me, the Bears and the other locs make a date after the holidays to have a ski party. The Teton Mag shenanigan shindig. 2019...

Skiing is still very good; the long high pressure is holding the snow steady with low temps. Not too many rocks showing but they still hurt. Thunk!
    Off piste is good but tricky to stay safe. Chalky snow or firm w/ a skiff of fresh here and there. The manmade snow skis shitty. Unless that's what you like, then it's tits.

Sounds like fun. I'm not skiing at the ski areas this winter, though. Knee is still not good enough for that. And I think you're gonna lose your $2, haha.

Sent from my HTC6535LRA using TGR Forums mobile app

Some sleeper snowfall today resort calling 5 inches but low angle seems to be the call. Skied more like 1 inch in Cheyenne trees. Crunchy bumps under most stuff. Groomers super fun today. Hoping HMS wins that bet, could be stacking up nicely tomorrow

Edit: upper gondie line good and enough on kemmerer to make it interesting
    Last edited by kokomas; 12-11-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Pretty killer day at the resort. Shin deep pow and nobody here

Djongo you owe me $2. Haha deep trailbreaking on the pass today, which means what?

Djongo Unpaid

POW DAY!

Cold. Windy. Great...
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Djongo you owe me $2. Haha deep trailbreaking on the pass today, which means what?
    Says who?

Major wind deposition of an otherwise skimpy wave.

$1

Skiing was excellent today. Snow started before dawn for a coupla inches. Skied CowPow first for about 10 laps then up the box into some high wind, 40+ sustained gusting into 60's, awesome. About 15 ft. visibility.

Then went through the ski schooler slalom and stuffed a tip by the last guy; Twisted my knee a little - no good deed goes unpunished.

Early season skiing at the village just turned back on. The bowl opened thin but with this windstorm, it'll fill in a firm packed layer; except maybe some ridgetop scouring.
    The Wind is our friend here.
    1st box tomorrow should yield some excellent conditions.

My favorite conditions are anytime I can walk on the Tram. Today you could have made 30 laps anywhere on the hill and not once have another person on your chair or gondy car. Maybe 20 on big red.

Just rolled in with the Mrs. Had a great day at Big Sky with ~4” but windy AF which made for some wicked stashes.

Sounds like a run up the tram in the morning is the best place to start? Any other must-skis tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigLineSeeker View Post
    Just rolled in with the Mrs. Had a great day at Big Sky with ~4” but windy AF which made for some wicked stashes.

Sounds like a run up the tram in the morning is the best place to start? Any other must-skis tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to town! Heard it's quite windy in the village, hopefully it will refill and buff everything. If you are up for an inbounds hike, it looked like headwall was still fresh near end of day, not sure it even opened today