Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1592
    Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    <snip>
    Thanks Marty for the Thai Plate tip. Duck noodle soup. Yum!
    Aw, shit. I always hit up Thai Plate when I'm in town - the Tom Yum is always outstanding.

I was invited to join a roadtrip to jackson hole this Saturday for about 8days. Also going to stop at sun valley for a day or two. I have never been to either states let alone mountains. I live in Canada&hoping advice on some less touristy attractions could be shared. We are a fairly fit group looking to see this part of the world .

Also, I know it’s late in the season but is there a trick to getting cheap tickets or am I shit outta luck? All I can find is window ticket/online price which are the same ~833USD. I have an epic pass to whistler but it looks as though it’s doing me no good for these mtns.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Props to Swerve for hooking me up with vouchers and showing me around Saturday morning. Was some good skiing, generally softer than I expected. Definitely understand now the Jackson stoke, just need to come back when there’s pow now.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    <snip> Definitely understand now the Jackson stoke, just need to come back when there’s pow now.
    Oh yes... yes you do. Knee-deep untracked in the Hobacks is one of the great things in life...

Goniff - Sorry I missed yer msg. Thx for the invite. Turns yet to be made...
    Also, sweet shotsl you airing the turn into the rocks is more techy than it even appears. Friggin T3.

Schwerty - damn, disappointed to hear that. I plan on us getting on water this summer so be safe and heal well.

Muggy - glad you felt the force. It's really a thing here. Particularly in a big season such as this one. Imagine the top to bottom run SSL describes in about 2-4 feet of light pow. Knees to hip deep for more turns than most peeps can manage. Or mach out 3k vert in about 15 turns.
    I was at BBI - way to step up Swerve. Capable and Solid.

Grantn - not much help with attractions. skiing is getting cheaper as the season ends. We might be able to find you a break on a day though. More info iz gut.

SmellyR - nice shots. Looks cold.

Skied the Longboards today with Lindenle, a friend and lurker here. Fun and fast vacant groomers for high speed hijinks. There is nothing like the feel of a true race stock DH board on perfect terrain with no one onslope and no signage or gate impedimentia. The village is uncommon in that it occasionally allows for this. Launching the roller (in the center of slalom at about 40) between three Magoos for 30 feet about 6 feet off the ground was rad. Like speeding past deer on the roadside.

Shelved the 215's and spent another 2 hrs searching for corn on the LPRs and eventually found it wanting at 1 for a lower Sublette, which was still crunchy taters.

Classic Spring Skiing in JH right now.

Kinda reminds me of the late 90's. Endless white, go anywhere, not too busy, world class corn cycle, stunning blue sky.

And Finally, walk-on Trams. Because R. bowl will kick some ass early. Frozen 3 ft coral chop bumps. Brutalissimo.

^^DJ, let's ski Thursday if you are available. It's our last day. We are skiing Targhee tomorrow. My one and only time there 2 years ago it was nuking and pea soup, so it will be good to see the place.

Took my boy to Cody Peak today. The snow was "variable" to put it mildly but it made for some good pics and fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Is this right? Jackson's projected closing date is April 7th? WTF!
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    The official eff the locals/season pass holder policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    They stayed open 2 weeks late one year.
    No one but locals. Realized their mistake and never did it again!
    What I'm hearing is this..... People (willingly?) pay somewhere between $1400 up to $2000 for a seasons pass at JH to a ski area that doesn't open until December, that is according to locals "horribly overcrowded", gets tracked out instantly every pow day, and closes the first week of April no matter how deep the snowpack is? WTF, over?

I'm trying to wrap my mind around that, but not having much luck. No wonder JH locals sound so angry and butt hurt on social media and in the press i.e. "Riled locals blame IKON pass for resort crowding." Sounds like a road trip and a change of scenery is in order. When the lifts stop spinning at Jackson, there's three more months of lift accessed skiing here in Mammoth which will be open at least until 4th of July, and rumoured that an August closing date iks a very real possibility. After 52 ft of snow so far this winter, things are set up some great spring skiing. People seem stoked on this winter, only complaints I've heard are that some people are tired of the non stop shoveling that this winter has brought. Hope things get better for you.

^^^^^Finally, someone with their finger on the pulse of JH.

Sucks in JH.
    Go to Mammoth.
    Please.

Fuck, I love shoveling snow; all the better if it requires the snowblower.

And it's been this kinda winter on the valley floor. Deep.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1484.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	275166

Moose munching crabapples on the neighbors lawn under a new spring moon.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-20-2019 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    and closes the first week of April no matter how deep the snowpack is? WTF, over.
    Seems this IKALI IKONFAG is getting a little cocky over his 52 feet of sierra cement. How did the following winter in IKALI work out for you after your last big winter? You should just stfu now.

Lots of places close in April no matter what the snowpack is. It's been that way forever. Are you new to skiing or just stupid?
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Are you new to skiing or just stupid?
    Fully sig worthy. Spring time really reveals who understands Zen and the Art of Enjoying Skiing and who is in the game for all the wrong reasons.

Mammoth is way better than Jackson Hole...much more expert terrain, lighter snow, less lines, etc...

Plus you get to share the lifts with the friendly and humble folks from LA and San Francisco!

Enjoy your summer skiing at Mammoth!

Pulling the drift boat out tomorrow and attempting to toss it in the S Fork. Who gives a shit about skiing in June when Salmonflies are going off and biking/climbing/boating/shoshie season are all firing.

Thanks DJ and BB for welcoming Goniff and L. Hope to do it myself next winter, and maybe some more Magic Mountain mags. Goniff, glad you and your boy had a great time. Can't wait to ski with L sometime. It's cool you got to see the place, we are excited as hell to live there! You and yours always have a place to stay with us
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Pulling the drift boat out tomorrow and attempting to toss it in the S Fork. Who gives a shit about skiing in June when Salmonflies are going off and biking/climbing/boating/shoshie season are all firing.
    dang work schedule! Have fun!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    dang work schedule! Have fun!
    My new schedule is pretty conducive to fishing for once, looking forward to getting out with yourself, Schwerty, Telee, and whoever (looking at you Dfinn!) else is around this summer!

It was great to see goniff again and his son's awesome enthusiasm about being in JH for the first time got me excited to get through the rest of this most excellent, but challenging winter with all the snow.
    Sorry I didn't reconnect goniff. I had 2 various groups of friends in town overlapping at the house so I was herding cats. but sounds like DJ and Marty herded you lol (but of course you know your way around)

Djongo- yes I still have that half off! If you are around the house around 4ish I usually pass right by your casa so can swing by or maybe we ski on Sat or Sun meet-up at casper fireplace?

ESS- yes we do pay that and occasionally get ornery about it but at the end of the day we do it bc it's worth it!

My new schedule is pretty conducive to fishing for once, looking forward to getting out with yourself, Schwerty, Telee, and whoever (looking at you Dfinn!) else is around this summer!
    so many non-ski sports to get sucked into here too...
    skid luxury

the two buddy pass vouchers I have (50% off) that were supposed to get snapped up for rendv weekend are still available if any mags are itch'n to ski n save.

Thanks Djongo for an awesome tour of JH and for the waffles! Great mountain you have here, with some impressive grooming for those early hours in the spring. Did some Hoback slush bumps at the end of the day to get a real leg burn. Your runs are long, hope I still have enough stamina for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Fully sig worthy. Spring time really reveals who understands Zen and the Art of Enjoying Skiing and who is in the game for all the wrong reasons.
    Exactly. I was getting a little stressed cause we’re heading up on Monday and the freeze thaw cycle is full on, and then I remembered - “Wait! I like skiing!” We will be happy with whatever turns we get. Cause, you know, turns on snow are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^Finally, someone with their finger on the pulse of JH.

Sucks in JH.
    Go to Mammoth.
    Please.

Fuck, I love shoveling snow; all the better if it requires the snowblower.

And it's been this kinda winter on the valley floor. Deep.

Name:	GOPR1484.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	275166

Moose munching crabapples on the neighbors lawn under a new spring moon.

Ha Ha!

Nobody in NYC believed me when I told them the snow was so high that I saw a moose and 3 white tail deer eating from a tree in someone's front yard.

My pic was taken February, 26th. Same house, probably same moose.

Name:	JH_Moos.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	275189

Btw, have to agree, Mammoth doesn't hold a candle to Jackson Hole.

freeze thaw cycle is the best.

The sun, the warmth, and a torn groin got me to the fly shop for the license. Drift boat is still behind 5+foot drifts.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I found an extra 1/2 off voucher I didn’t know we had....if anyone needs one. Thought we unloaded em all.

Torn meniscus for me. Snow sliding done for the year.
    Dude, sorry to hear this. Vibes and hope you get it taken care of well. My Mrs. has been dealing with that this year, not fun.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Thanks DJ and BB for welcoming Goniff and L. Hope to do it myself next winter, and maybe some more Magic Mountain mags. Goniff, glad you and your boy had a great time. Can't wait to ski with L sometime. It's cool you got to see the place, we are excited as hell to live there! You and yours always have a place to stay with us
    Many thanks Kokomas. It's been a perfect week for us. You picked a great spot to live. Looking forward to next year to rip it up with you, hopefully with some other Magic mags.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    It was great to see goniff again and his son's awesome enthusiasm about being in JH for the first time got me excited to get through the rest of this most excellent, but challenging winter with all the snow.
    Sorry I didn't reconnect goniff. I had 2 various groups of friends in town overlapping at the house so I was herding cats. but sounds like DJ and Marty herded you lol (but of course you know your way around)
    Great to see you b-bear. Sorry we did not get to ski. Hopefully next year. So glad we were able to ski with DJ and Marty.

Thx Koko! Getting it evaluated for the second time today. Tear appears to be on the outside so I might be able to avoid the knife. I’m fully transitioned to fishin anyway. Looking forward to lots of water time when you get back,

SnapT - lets make it happen. I’m gone for spring break 3/26-4/8. Other than that I am here and ready to fish. Wknds are better but I can swing a day or half day during the week once in a while.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums